How to sabotage turets?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alexei_Gladkikh
x3tc

How to sabotage turets?

Post by Alexei_Gladkikh » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 23:14

I am confuse, I have mission to sabotage turrets.
I have 2 markers, one is dock, other is a large turret.
I assume I could hack Turret control.
I do, mission is not finished.

I try to drop mine on turret, That does not do any damage and station go hostile.

So I am confused. Dock marker should mean I can do something inside station, what else beside hacking turret control? Marker on Turret supposes to mean I can destroy turret, but beside using a Capital I do not see how.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How to sabotage turets?

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 23:57

It is possible (but I am not sure) that the mission is in two parts in that you first hack the Defence Console to disable the station turrets so that they cannot attack you if/when you attack the station and then you can destroy the designated turret by whatever means (without being fired upon except perhaps by defending ships, drones and lasertowers). The vulnerability to damage of the mission object turret may depend upon you doing the hacking first. I suppose that loss of rep and station hostility should not be such a great surprise in such attack missions.

Doesn't the relevant mission briefing tell you exactly what you need to do next and what you need to complete it?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 00:13

You need to destroy the marked turrets. The mission objective is not clear and an example of the issue has already been reported.

Ideally the objective should change to "Destroy:" at some stage when you are expected to destroy the turrets due to how ambiguous "sabotage" is.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 00:20

Ah, so hacking the station defences first to reduce return fire is intended as a 'suggested precursor' option. That makes sense even though the briefing/guidance is rather unclear, as noted.

Alexei_Gladkikh
x3tc

Post by Alexei_Gladkikh » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 04:20

Thanks for information.
I do not see how I can do this mission in my starting ship and I do not have bombs yet, as spacesuit bombs could work? I do not know.
300K reward is seems to small for cost of mission.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 17:46

Alexei_Gladkikh wrote:
Fri, 2. Dec 22, 04:20
I do not see how I can do this mission in my starting ship and I do not have bombs yet, as spacesuit bombs could work? I do not know.
Probably not intended to be done in your starting ship. Something tougher like a Nemesis, Katana or Dragon should not have issues doing it and fleeing the area after completion safely. Spacesuit bombs should also work, and a single bomb might be enough to kill all turrets in the bank.
Alexei_Gladkikh wrote:
Fri, 2. Dec 22, 04:20
300K reward is seems to small for cost of mission.
The cost is not that much if you already have a ship built for it. It is certainly not a mission I would consider doing early game.

Alexei_Gladkikh
x3tc

Post by Alexei_Gladkikh » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 21:02

Mission did not work.

I fly for a bit got spacesuit bombs and launcher. Dock, Hack turrets control. Fly to market large turret, fly in space suit to it and attach a bomb to it. Then board my ship and detonated the bomb. Station went hostile as expected, turret was destroyed and no longer available as a target (shift G), only docking bays still shown as a target, mission not finished.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 21:12

Speculation only, but did you destroy the shield as well? I ask because turret entities usually tend to be considered as a group of one or more turrets along with their associated group shield(s).

... or it could just be a broken mission. :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”