Why is Windfall I Union Summit SO BRIGHT?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Why is Windfall I Union Summit SO BRIGHT?

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 14:33

This system has 13% sunlight and yet its ambient light setting is cranked through the roof. III is so-so and IV is fairly dark, despite also having 13% sunlight. Has anyone discovered some in game reason for why that light is not conducive to solar panels? The star does look a bit weird like it's inside some ice cavern with weird square textures in places that look artificial, but the encyclopedia entries only seem to talk about local factions and not their strange setting.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Why is Windfall I Union Summit SO BRIGHT?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 15:00

I cannot say about the light levels, but the surrounding textures have been discussed before such as here. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 16:32

So that is meant to be a nebula? There are parts where I can see hard edges of square things in it, so if it's meant to be a cloud I would say it has broken. I thought they were implying some kind of structure but I guess it could also be an issue with the texture.
***modified***

Tyranos Strategos

Windfall Nebula?

Post by Tyranos Strategos » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 15:56

I belive it have something to do whith a fact all those systems was all the time right next to argon and teladi space and noone never notice this so maybe lore friendly reason for unnoticed present, its some kind of "pocket" systems and averice sun corona mass e.. distord timespace around windfall and just recently something big happened and systems has been exposed ..

btw why is protection leaking out of "eye of beholder" storage or what ever is it... looks like something is comming :sceptic:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 16:22

Above post merged here out of dormant thread linked above for background information.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”