Gravimetric Studies re-activation problem

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

waynetarlton
x4

Gravimetric Studies re-activation problem

Post by waynetarlton » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 01:23

Hi there,
Some time ago, I initiated the Gravimetric Studies plot line by delivering the 10 x anti-matter cells to the Oberth. I can't seem to re-activate the plot. My ships are at the specified locations, I have them in my group as "mimic commander", but nothing at all happens when activating the long range scan.

What am I doing wrong? Can you/anyone help me?

Many thanks
Wayne

johntarmac
x3tc

Re: Gravimetric Studies re-activation problem

Post by johntarmac » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 20:04

I don't think you need the mimic command order. I recall just setting the ships in place and activating my scan. The others followed with their scans automatically.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 21:39

What always worked for me, in 5.1 too:

Have 3 ships, type does not matter. One ship should be player controlled. Now give the other two ships a 'Fly and Wait' order to two of the marked points. Fly your ship to the third point. As soon as all ships are in position, you just start in your ship a long range scan. That is all, worked every time for me.

The ships should be positioned correctly, but this is no problem with the markers and the nav buoys.

The guy tells you, that the other ships will use their scan as you do, so this is automatic, no mimic command is needed.

EDIT: I did deactivate this mission often for a long time. It always worked, but check if you have the mission activated, so that you can see the markers for the scan positions. If you see no markers/nav buoys the quest is not active in some way. As soon as you see the 3 markers and the quest tells you to fly ships there and scan, it should work.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 09:46

I've done all that, but nothing. Don't understand. :gruebel: :?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 10:46

Probably a silly question but have you checked the vertical axis to see if all your ships are in the correct locations, ie within the target sphere volumes?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”