Fix for 'Brantlee Northriver's Competition?!?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Fix for 'Brantlee Northriver's Competition?!?

Post by Nanook » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 08:41

Cmdr_Go'Gen wrote:
Sun, 20. Mar 22, 09:49
On my first attempt I used two Katanas. I sent the 2nd one close to finish line and that one got "accepted" by the mission. First Katana was then rejected by Astrid (!), as "not being the correct ship type", doh!
I just went on to use Boas instead, but now when ordered to Teleport, I'm being directed to "mission accepted" Katana from first attempt. Conclusion: mission fragged, had to reload to hours before and start it all over again (will try to do it later).

Note to all, Boso will obviously let you mod wrong ship type (no warning) and if you set the same fake one close to goal, imho you can't complete the mission any more.
Like you, I first went with two Katana's since the mission specified M-class ship, but not type. And I also got the "not the right ship" message from Brantlee. So again like you, I got a couple of Boa's. However, when I went to the start line, Brantlee kept saying "wrong ship" over and over. So I, too, lost a whole bunch of hours (a lot of it capturing the two Katana's) and had to start over. Conclusion, this mission is poorly written and needs to be fixed, pronto. Finding these things out by (painful) trial and error is just not fun. :thumb_down:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Omniwrath
x3ap

Post by Omniwrath » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 22:22

Prosik wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:05
Hawkseyez wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 18:25
Prosik wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 17:34
Update: I am locked after I mod a single M class ship I get the response from Dagobas but the quest does not continue.
I am guessing that I should get an update to send the ship to the close to the finish line. But I am stuck at Mod a fast M class ship.
Nothing progresses even building a new one and attempting to mod it does nothing now.
did you goto dukes station to get that dukes part for the mod? you can't just put any ole mod on the ship. has to be the one that drops from a ship around Dukes i believe. it also has to be the advanced 2nd tier mod if read the mission. cheers.
Negative!! Nothing about this Quest requires 'Dukes' or even mentions 'Dukes'. Please do not spread misinformation!!.
You are so very confident, and so very incorrect. You are 100% directed to destroy a Dukes transport during this quest line in order to obtain the items required to make the mod, even if you already have them.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 06:42

Nanook wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 08:41
Cmdr_Go'Gen wrote:
Sun, 20. Mar 22, 09:49
On my first attempt I used two Katanas. I sent the 2nd one close to finish line and that one got "accepted" by the mission. First Katana was then rejected by Astrid (!), as "not being the correct ship type", doh!
I just went on to use Boas instead, but now when ordered to Teleport, I'm being directed to "mission accepted" Katana from first attempt. Conclusion: mission fragged, had to reload to hours before and start it all over again (will try to do it later).

Note to all, Boso will obviously let you mod wrong ship type (no warning) and if you set the same fake one close to goal, imho you can't complete the mission any more.
Like you, I first went with two Katana's since the mission specified M-class ship, but not type. And I also got the "not the right ship" message from Brantlee. So again like you, I got a couple of Boa's. However, when I went to the start line, Brantlee kept saying "wrong ship" over and over. So I, too, lost a whole bunch of hours (a lot of it capturing the two Katana's) and had to start over. Conclusion, this mission is poorly written and needs to be fixed, pronto. Finding these things out by (painful) trial and error is just not fun. :thumb_down:
So what I'm hearing is just use Boas? Because Katanas is also what I think of when racing M ships.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Thu, 21. Apr 22, 05:25

[/quote]

You are so very confident, and so very incorrect. You are 100% directed to destroy a Dukes transport during this quest line in order to obtain the items required to make the mod, even if you already have them.
[/quote]

Really now?!? I still have yet to have to destroy ANYTHING by Dukes prior to modding the ship. Maybe because I am NOT ON A NEW SAVE perhaps?!?
Maybe because on this save I am friends with the Dukes?!?
Now with that being said I can not accomplish the quest because it will not proceed any further from the part where it mentions sending the ship to the finish line.
I am unable to 'send' a ship to a point it will not show me in Avarice dead-end for some reason.

Maybe if people would learn to read things like left mouse button does not register in game etc and understand when one has a dell 2 button mouse with only 2 buttons ....

xuancong

Post by xuancong » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 03:43

Here, I also encountered another bug. I have built 2 Katanas (M ship). I send one Katana to the target location, after that, Boso will ask me to install mod on the other Katana. Then I continue with regular mission and installed mod on an L ship. Surprisingly, now the mission requires me to drive the L ship to compete with the Katana which is impossible and stupid. When I drive the 2nd Katana to the target location, it keeps saying that is not the right ship. Eventually, the mission cannot continue (because the L ship can never compete with an M ship on speed) and I have to reload the save.

The script logic is broken. The correct trigger should be when the player drive any other Katana (ship of the same type) into the target location as the 2nd ship, then that 2nd Katana should be accepted. The allowed 2nd ship cannot be restricted to the one that is modded because it can be destroyed by the tide or enemy or etc, and the user has to prepare another ship of the same type for the competition.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 11:40

@ xuancong: That's the same issue described by at least Cmdr_Go'Gen and Nanook above in this thread and the 'wrong ship last modded' issue is in this thread. The workaround is to remove and reapply the engine mod to the ship that you do wish to use for the race so that it becomes the last ship modded.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

truckie024
x4

Post by truckie024 » Wed, 26. Apr 23, 04:35

I got a question, how on earth do i find brantlee northriver?? I am at tge location and only see the teladi trader ship, move about n the mission becomes inactive....where am i going wrong here?????
MOBO asus maximus ix extreme
CPU 7800 intel i7
Ram 64gb
Graphics 2080 rtx TI XC 11GB ram
2X m.2 2TB drives
Water cooling Koolance exos 2.5

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 11:45

truckie024 wrote:
Wed, 26. Apr 23, 04:35
I got a question, how on earth do i find brantlee northriver?? I am at tge location and only see the teladi trader ship, move about n the mission becomes inactive....where am i going wrong here?????
Yup, same problem here. I've to admit the quest got a little messed up during the engine upgrade stage (2 ships docked in the same wharf during upgrade and the quest selected the one I didn't upgrade for the race, an S ship btw, while I've upgraded the M one), but either way I've understood that I can switch ship just installing the tweak on another ship. The problem is that the quest skipped the "reach the astrid" part (it's done in my quest log) and I can't find the ship to race with now. I tried to remove and reinstall the mod but the "reach the astrid" part is still completed with no guide to find it.

Any hint on the default position of the astrid or the starting line of the race? Is the quest is now bugged forever at this point?

Edit: Managed to find the astrid myself loading a previous save and screenshotting the position. If anyone wondering, this is the screenshot.
Ricarica et impera!

csatrad
x4

Post by csatrad » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 01:37

I moded a unique ship Hydra Regal...

I don't have a duplicate and a normal Hydra doesnt count...

Cant abort the q, what the hell am i supposed to do now?

I had to destroy my unique quest reward ship... so it went back to mod ship quest chain. yaaay......

juergen111
x4

Post by juergen111 » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 07:47

You can just install another engine mod on a new ship you would like to use. Then the quest is updated to use the new ship.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 05:39

I just stumbled over this and I have a mod that changes all vanilla ship mods. They are blueprints any ways so the comment that a specific mod must be aquired somewhere is just wrong. It took me a few minutes to figure out that the engine mod just needs to improve travel speed as first modifier. The requirement also states only travel speed need to be met, so it is kinda obvious but it would even better if the briefing clearly says "install engine mod to increase travel speed to max X" or if the requirement would not be so strict and allowed for a mod that has the travel speed as secondary.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”