Fix for 'Brantlee Northriver's Competition?!?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Prosik
x3tc

Fix for 'Brantlee Northriver's Competition?!?

Post by Prosik » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 07:42

Bozo Ta - "Oh My, that sure is an interesting ship modification! Unfortunately, it is not in the required category!"

Infinite loop video comm channel even though the "engine" mod was installed first and approved by Dagobas.
Allowing additional 'shield' and 'chassis' mods after the inital 'engine' mod would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Fix for 'Brantlee Northriver's Competition?!?

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 09:34

I haven't experienced the "infinite" loop because I didn't see any special mod to install, but ..

.. Because I didnt see any special mod listed, decided to just mod the ship to death anyway, and because I did many re-installs to try and get the best rolls of the dice, I had just as many repeats of Boso Ta saying this.

So for every install of chassis, shield, engine etcetera mods I re-rolled then I had a stream of these messages from Boso which took ages to finish, but they did eventually stop. Soooo annoying!.

What is the special engine mod called?, because I did not see anything unusual in the mod lists.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:08

Its not a special engine mod from what I can tell. I tried several in green, blue and purple and Boso did not complain until I installed one that was not an 'engine' mod.
Problem is just an engine mod is not enough sometimes and a chassis mod like a chassis polisher really ups the velocity.
There is another thread as a bug report here I found after posting this:

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=445920#p5112200

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 17:34

Update: I am locked after I mod a single M class ship I get the response from Dagobas but the quest does not continue.
I am guessing that I should get an update to send the ship to the close to the finish line. But I am stuck at Mod a fast M class ship.
Nothing progresses even building a new one and attempting to mod it does nothing now.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 18:25

Prosik wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 17:34
Update: I am locked after I mod a single M class ship I get the response from Dagobas but the quest does not continue.
I am guessing that I should get an update to send the ship to the close to the finish line. But I am stuck at Mod a fast M class ship.
Nothing progresses even building a new one and attempting to mod it does nothing now.
did you goto dukes station to get that dukes part for the mod? you can't just put any ole mod on the ship. has to be the one that drops from a ship around Dukes i believe. it also has to be the advanced 2nd tier mod if read the mission. cheers.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 19:18

ok , any suggestions as to what ship to use?

and where is this duke place? i have not finished building their new HQ yet,
X gamer , one at a time.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:05

Hawkseyez wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 18:25
Prosik wrote:
did you goto dukes station to get that dukes part for the mod? you can't just put any ole mod on the ship. has to be the one that drops from a ship around Dukes i believe. it also has to be the advanced 2nd tier mod if read the mission. cheers.
Negative!! Nothing about this Quest requires 'Dukes' or even mentions 'Dukes'. Please do not spread misinformation!!.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:36

Prosik wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:05
Hawkseyez wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 18:25
Prosik wrote:
Negative!! Nothing about this Quest requires 'Dukes' or even mentions 'Dukes'. Please do not spread misinformation!!.
the teladi you save from the ship literally puts a duke's station on your map and you goto that station and wait, then are told to destroy a medium ship, and IT drops the part and the quest shows add module to fast medium sized ship. that is not misinformation, that is an option to the mission. their might be other ways but that is 100 percent part of it somehow.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:41

Negative!! No ship to destroy in the chain yet if at all.

As fas as being Dukes Negative yet again!! Tidebreak MQK-754 Owner : Civillian Sector : Avarice IV!!
No Dukes there anywhere!!
Last edited by Prosik on Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:42

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 19:18
ok , any suggestions as to what ship to use?

and where is this duke place? i have not finished building their new HQ yet,
you don't build this station, it's already made. mine was in Pious mists 4. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 19. Mar 22, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:44

Prosik wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:41
Negative!! No ship to destroy in the chain yet.
above is the station that teladi you save sends you to ! absolutely is in the chain somewhere for that engine mod to your m ship. christ sakes i can repeat it and record it. notice the picture, i went straight to that place, cause it was in the mission. smh.

be open to the fact you might not know everything.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:52

Not in my game at all. This is a DLC 3 Quest and takes place in Avarice sectors. Specifically Starts in Avarice IV!!.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 00:02

Prosik wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:52
Not in my game at all. This is a DLC 3 Quest and takes place in Avarice sectors. Specifically Starts in Avarice IV!!.
yes, it starts there and is part of the new quests. after find yourself a scientist, that teladi guy goes onto your HQ and you get part of the quest from there. the mod is for the race against the dood while you're trying to figure out about the protectyon. im well aware of what DLC this is.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 00:28

Your quest is either different or mine is all borked up. I am at the Mod ship part and in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM has Dukes entered my quest!!
I modded the ship and Dagobas has not mentioned anything except great the ship is modded now you just need to send a duplicate ship to close to the finish line.
The Hotfix reverted me back to Install the mod and that is where I am stuck.

DUKES IS NOT IN MY QUESTLINE and NO KILL QUEST has been given!!

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 04:13

My screenshots. Note not modded. Note not a new start!!!

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... reenshots/

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... reenshots/

Egosoft. Save games prior to modding engine and current saves are available.

Cmdr_Go'Gen
x4

Post by Cmdr_Go'Gen » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 23:41

I got two Boa transporters, first one with Overdrive engine mod for the start/race intro, second near the finish line.
As soon as we begin, I Teleport into second Boa and cross the finish line first (just straight through the ring)... but then nothing happens. The message is still "Race towards the finish line". If I contact Astrid who then arrives as second, he just says "I can't believe it took you that long", meaning I lost the race.

Any hints?

Boronenkumpel
x4

Post by Boronenkumpel » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 06:33

Cmdr_Go'Gen wrote:
Sat, 19. Mar 22, 23:41
I got two Boa transporters, first one with Overdrive engine mod for the start/race intro, second near the finish line.
As soon as we begin, I Teleport into second Boa and cross the finish line first (just straight through the ring)... but then nothing happens. The message is still "Race towards the finish line". If I contact Astrid who then arrives as second, he just says "I can't believe it took you that long", meaning I lost the race.

Any hints?
You have to participate in the race at first (to keep up appearances). You will be told when to teleport :wink:
Religious wars happen when grown-ups start quarreling about who has the coolest imaginary friend

RIP XOA

Cmdr_Go'Gen
x4

Post by Cmdr_Go'Gen » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 09:49

Boronenkumpel wrote:
Sun, 20. Mar 22, 06:33
You have to participate in the race at first (to keep up appearances). You will be told when to teleport :wink:
Oh, wow, thanks! Yes, that message appeared later, tho' seems that that guy was already at finish at that point.

But...
this revealed another problem!
On my first attempt I used two Katanas. I sent the 2nd one close to finish line and that one got "accepted" by the mission. First Katana was then rejected by Astrid (!), as "not being the correct ship type", doh!
I just went on to use Boas instead, but now when ordered to Teleport, I'm being directed to "mission accepted" Katana from first attempt. Conclusion: mission fragged, had to reload to hours before and start it all over again (will try to do it later).

Note to all, Boso will obviously let you mod wrong ship type (no warning) and if you set the same fake one close to goal, imho you can't complete the mission any more.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 16:31

Hawkseyez wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:44
above is the station that teladi you save sends you to ! absolutely is in the chain somewhere for that engine mod to your m ship. christ sakes i can repeat it and record it. notice the picture, i went straight to that place, cause it was in the mission. smh.

be open to the fact you might not know everything.
Hmmmm I don't remember this at all and I'm now at the race part (placing the second ship).
Is it possible because I had already discovered the Duke (BUC) stations?

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 10:56

I got a message from Boso regarding a T3 mass mod being interesting, then the quest completed when I put a T3 Engine mod in.
I didn't have to kill anything either.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”