Acquire the Erlking?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pesanur
x4

Re: Acquire the Erlking?

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 14:54

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 14. Apr 22, 14:12
So rereading the thread and a couple questions.
1. There is no plot or quest to acquire the Erlking? Have to find it in the wild and cap it?
2. Can't get more than one? Does that mean no new Erlking would spawn if there is one available or what?
3. If I lose it I must cap it again? Or will I get a BP on cap to build it?
4. The 5 datavaults are in the new sectors only, i.e. Avarice and Windfall?
1.- No plot, not history line, not anything. Only Boso suggesting you to board the ship the first time that you encounter it.
2.- Only one Erlking can exist in the universe at time.
3.- If you lose it, you unlock an investigation in the HQ to build a new one.
4.- Yes, the five datavaults are scattered between Avarice and Windfall.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 15:14

Pesanur wrote:
Thu, 14. Apr 22, 14:54
Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 14. Apr 22, 14:12
So rereading the thread and a couple questions.
1. There is no plot or quest to acquire the Erlking? Have to find it in the wild and cap it?
2. Can't get more than one? Does that mean no new Erlking would spawn if there is one available or what?
3. If I lose it I must cap it again? Or will I get a BP on cap to build it?
4. The 5 datavaults are in the new sectors only, i.e. Avarice and Windfall?
1.- No plot, not history line, not anything. Only Boso suggesting you to board the ship the first time that you encounter it.
2.- Only one Erlking can exist in the universe at time.
3.- If you lose it, you unlock an investigation in the HQ to build a new one.
4.- Yes, the five datavaults are scattered between Avarice and Windfall.
Interesting, so I can just essentially build another one then.
Also thanks for the tip about encountering it. Time to do a flyby then before I do anything else.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 15:50

Pesanur wrote:
Thu, 14. Apr 22, 14:54
That obviously assumes that one would have been in contact / is in speaking terms with that creature.

I have entry for that ship in encyclopedia, but no recollection of encountering one. Found vaults and equipment BP already, with relative ease.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 06:19

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 14. Apr 22, 15:50
but no recollection of encountering one.
In case you are looking for that place:
Spoiler
Show
Visit the VIG tradestation 'Keepsafe' in the middle Windfall sector.

Endoryl

Post by Endoryl » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 15:49

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 10:51
BigBANGtheory wrote:
Tue, 12. Apr 22, 10:48
How are you supposed to know to do that, is there supposed to be a mission or dialogue from someone?
Upon boarding it Boso is apparently meant to say something suggesting that. Never had that dialog work though...
I second that.
Cannot remember a dialog for that.
And if it was there, I forgot about it. There is nog log for these things to my knowlegde.
The fact that you basically need to go to internet forums to know that there are 5 data vaults to find to complete the new battleship of this DLC is questionable.
And then starts the real fun (sarcasm) of actually finding these.
I found 3 of them fairly easy, as they were on the "level plain" and sort of in the main area between the jump gates.
Have spent several hours (evenings) so far to find the other 2, but to no avail.
I have mapped all the new sectors completely with adv satellites, so my guess is they must be way off the "level plain".

Seriously, how anyone at Egosoft sees this as fun gameplay is beyond me.
I am almost 600 hours into what is still my first playthrough of X4, and I was still having fun with it.
But this is realy taxing my fun and patience with the game and I am about to search the savefile for the remaining locations, something I would normally never do.
The -500/+500 km range in all directions for these things to spawn in is way too big imo.
A serious reduction in range of at least the height axis would make this alot more reasonable.
This is like looking for khaak stations, but 10 times worse :evil:

Damien_hest

Post by Damien_hest » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 21:59

Sorry if anyone already have answered this. But i got the erlking and all of the blueprints, but i cant seem to install them if i send the erlking to a shipyard, like aragon. at least not the turrets. Do i need my on Xl-Shipyard to install the turrets?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 22:05

Damien_hest wrote:
Fri, 15. Apr 22, 21:59
Sorry if anyone already have answered this. But i got the erlking and all of the blueprints, but i cant seem to install them if i send the erlking to a shipyard, like aragon. at least not the turrets. Do i need my on Xl-Shipyard to install the turrets?
You need either an own XL shipyard or an own XL repairdock (the latter is way cheaper) to refit your Erlking.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Damien_hest

Post by Damien_hest » Fri, 15. Apr 22, 22:10

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 15. Apr 22, 22:05
Damien_hest wrote:
Fri, 15. Apr 22, 21:59
You need either an own XL shipyard or an own XL repairdock (the latter is way cheaper) to refit your Erlking.

Thank you :D

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 10:27

So how do you access the data vaults? I've repaired the pressure things and got 2 containers. Blew one of them up for some wares but the other is invulnerable.
Is there supposed to be a data leak or something?

Edit: I've found more buttons to open more of it, but still nothing and I can see no more buttons to press.
Edit2: This is really annoying. Nevermind finding data vaults. I can't even get this one fully open. I've scoured all over it but cannot find any more things to repair and I still have 3 of the doors/lockers on the upper end closed. I don't hear any data leaks on scan mode either. Would it break anything if I just save edit the BPs in directly?
For the record I've repaired the 2 solar panel wings. Then one of the upper lockers opened with a repair point so I repaired that which gave me a 2 container locker, with 1 of the containers invulnerable and supposedly empty. Then I repaired 2 at the bottom part of the data vault which opened all the bottom lockers. I think I'm supposed to have another repair point up top to open the 3 remaining upper lockers.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 11:22

When you have toggled ("repaired" red to green) all the switches that are visible from outside, one of the opened latches has revealed one more switch. All the latches/doors/lockers of a vault never open. That is no different from the data vaults in the base game.

That last switch opens a latch to compartment that contains two containers. Flying to one give some regular loot items. Flying to other gives you a blueprint. Check what blueprints you own/know from encyclopedia.

The Erlking vaults do not have any signal leaks.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 11:49

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 16. Apr 22, 11:22
When you have toggled ("repaired" red to green) all the switches that are visible from outside, one of the opened latches has revealed one more switch. All the latches/doors/lockers of a vault never open. That is no different from the data vaults in the base game.

That last switch opens a latch to compartment that contains two containers. Flying to one give some regular loot items. Flying to other gives you a blueprint. Check what blueprints you own/know from encyclopedia.

The Erlking vaults do not have any signal leaks.
Huh. So no sign that you got something then? Thanks.
Though I did check out at my XL bay and I didn't see anything new. What does fly to mean exactly?

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 11:49

Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 16. Apr 22, 10:27
For the record I've repaired the 2 solar panel wings. Then one of the upper lockers opened with a repair point so I repaired that which gave me a 2 container locker, with 1 of the containers invulnerable and supposedly empty.
From my experience once you've acquired the 2 containers, that's it. Opening further doors and switches yields nothing. One of the two containers has an Erlking module BP...

You don't shoot the containers you fly into them in order to pick them up.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 11:59

I swore I rammed into them earlier. Maybe I missed it somehow.
But thanks, I managed to pickup the engine BP now. They really should name these containers tbh.

Edit: Do data vaults show up on the map if you've found it previously but it's now out of radar range? Got 3 so far and hunting the remaining two. Hopefully they aren't in sectors with other data vaults, one of them got 2 vaults so I hope there isn't a 3rd and more lurking there.

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 15:13

Hey, sadly the vaults are only visible within radar range (like all vaults). Marked them with nav beacons.
A few scouts and a lot of patiance while watching them on map with map filter worked for me.
I had 2 vaults maximum in the same sector, but this seems to be completely random.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 15:25

Repli wrote:
Sat, 16. Apr 22, 15:13
Hey, sadly the vaults are only visible within radar range (like all vaults). Marked them with nav beacons.
A few scouts and a lot of patiance while watching them on map with map filter worked for me.
I had 2 vaults maximum in the same sector, but this seems to be completely random.
Damn, looks like I'm taking the sat spam route then.
Also since they apparently don't seem to change color after looting, I drop nav beacons after that to mark looted ones.
Also hoping 2 vaults is max, had one sector with 2 and I'm ignoring it for now.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 15:42

Just curious, to anyone more the two turrets vaults appears with blue color in the map while the other three are grey?

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 21:20

With a little luck I got my 4th vault, which happened to be the shield which is obsoleted by TER shields.
Now I hope it won't take forever to get the 5th L turret vault.
Also hope it isn't way off the ecliptic. Because I shudder thinking of how to put adv. sats there.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 11:30

So I'm looking at the raw save and think I've found the last data vault.
However, I'm uncertain how to find which sector it is in.
I have this, but I'm unsure if it's sector macro is the one the vault is in, or it's something unrelated. That macro code should be Avarice 1 going by earlier pages. Which is fairly surprising because I think I already have 2 data vaults there. So this would be the 3rd.
Also the one sector I didn't sat spam which shouldn't matter since it seems to be above the ecliptic.
I'm missing the L turret btw.

<connection connection="zone001_cluster_500_sector001_connection">
<component class="zone" macro="zone001_cluster_500_sector001_macro" connection="sector" code="KZY-864" knownto="player" id="[0xa9e50]">
<offset default="1"/>
<masstraffic>
<network id="[0xef8]" dynamic="0" zonewide="1">
<quotalists/>
<behavior class="base"/>
</network>
</masstraffic>
<connections>
<connection connection="visiblezones" id="[0xa9e51]">
<connected connection="[0xa9e43]"/>
</connection>
<connection connection="objects">
<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_04_macro" connection="space" code="OJL-707" owner="ownerless" knownto="player" id="[0xa9e52]">
<offset>
<position x="31416.18" y="-319.843" z="19007.887"/>
<rotation yaw="90.31292"/>
</offset>
<source entry="erlking_blueprint_4" seed="14726271940801571706" class="godobject"/>
<connections>
<connection connection="connection_pickup001" macro="connection_pickup001">
<component class="collectableblueprints" macro="props_sm_container_xs_erlking_blueprint_04_macro" connection="connection01" code="PXQ-229" knownto="player" blueprints="turret_pir_l_battleship_01_laser_01_mk1" id="[0xa9e53]">
<offset default="1"/>
</component>
</connection>
<connection connection="connection_pickup002" macro="connection_pickup002">
<component class="collectablewares" macro="sm_gen_wares_exploration_02_a_macro" connection="connection01" code="JWJ-716" knownto="player" money="30036800" id="[0xa9e54]">
<offset default="1"/>
<wares>
<ware ware="inv_securityslicer" amount="2"/>
<ware ware="inv_agidevice_03"/>
<ware ware="inv_hallucinogenics"/>
<ware ware="inv_seminar_piloting_1"/>
<ware ware="modpart_tuningsoftware"/>
<ware ware="modpart_weaponchamber_t1"/>
</wares>
</component>
</connection>

Edit: I've confirmed that this is the vault I'm missing. Though I couldn't confirm the sector and checking Avarice 1 didn't turn up anything. It should be well within adv sat range on the ecliptic afaict.
Edit2: Yeah I'm done. I used the tip earlier in the thread and changed ownership of the vault to player and found it that way. Then reloaded another save and went for it manually. Now to reclaim the hundreds of satellites I dropped all over the place.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 21:01

Raptor34 wrote:
Sun, 17. Apr 22, 11:30
Edit2: Yeah I'm done. I used the tip earlier in the thread and changed ownership of the vault to player and found it that way.
Was it on the sector that you did expect, and far from/on eplictic?

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 17. Apr 22, 21:21

<position x="31416.18" y="-319.843" z="19007.887"/>
:o

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”