Acquire the Erlking?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

Acquire the Erlking?

Post by oddgit » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 18:20

Is there a plotline mission that starts it, or do i just steal the thing? If i do just steal the thing, wont that kill my rep with VIG?

Berhg
x4

Re: Acquire the Erlking?

Post by Berhg » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 05:01

Board it without damaging any of its systems and you won't suffer rep loss. You don't even have to get the shields down and damage the hull. It will just take a long time for the marines to cut through the hull. Use several large transports to get the maximum amount of marines possible in the assault.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

UmaHorseman
x4

Post by UmaHorseman » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 06:23

Berhg wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 05:01
Board it without damaging any of its systems and you won't suffer rep loss. You don't even have to get the shields down and damage the hull. It will just take a long time for the marines to cut through the hull. Use several large transports to get the maximum amount of marines possible in the assault.
did you get a quest after boarding it tho? iirc in one of the interview egosoft dude said that there will be a quest to upgrade the erlking (for the main battery and turrets i assume). trying to board without damaging sounds like a bruteforce way to get the ship and im afraid it would make the quest (if any) for the ship become unavailable

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 06:33

UmaHorseman, no, no quest after boarding. It may indeed be safer to wait for an update, or for more information about possible quests to become available.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 13:04

If you have access to a Martial Arts school, overwhelming its crew is fairly trivial. 100x 4 star marines will suffer few casualties.

cdcerber
x4

Post by cdcerber » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 15:22

at this point I'm getting desperate for info from someone who knows how to "finish" the Erlking, or from devs.

so far what i found out is you can just destroy it instead boarding and Boso will give research to recover the core, every time it gets destroyed

in my main game i found 2 data vaults (engine and shield) and can't find any more, at least for now, did a quick new custom game and did find a vault with main gun this time, different spot, no trace of vaults I've found in my main save, so I assume the are random

btw. Erl engines are ridiculous, with exceptional hull and engines mod got it to 600m/s and 23+km/s travel mode, base was 355 i think. turn rate still sucks tho, unless there is a vault with Erlking thrusters

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 15:41

Thank you all for your input. I have not really boarded any ships, so i was unsure how it worked in X4, in X3ap i had dedicated ion ships that would go in and blast the ship i wanted into submission with ion weapons and then send in a bunch of high rank marines, i would capture Hyperions out of paranid space that way. I could usually snag one without the system responding in any real way, and i could just jump drive the hit squad back to safety, often the Hyperions had jump drives too. Those were fun days.

@imperial good, i forgot about the terraforming schools. i think will hold off until i start terraforming.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 17:41

Don't even need veteran marines. Stuff a couple of L transports with new marine recruits, send in as many as the Erlking can fit, and they'll take her.

Aside from that, I suspect (and I'm just guessing), that boarding and taking her won't mess anything up after we find out how to proceed or some release problem gets fixed. Boso mentions it would be interesting to board, after all.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 18:27

Berhg right? Boso, the anti war guy was like, yeah, go steal that, by force. haha

I was hoping for some sort of storyline related to it.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 20:30

so is this quest broken?

please help!.
X gamer , one at a time.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 21:40

Once you board it you just need to find the 5 data vaults containing its missing blueprints (there is no guidance for these, this is intended) and then use your own XL maintenance or ship building facility to finish it.

The 5 blueprints are scattered randomly within the new sectors in data vaults. Some are manditory and most are best in slot. The exception is the Erlking shield which is required for the Erlking trophy and is best in slot if you do not own Cradle of Humanity otherwise TER Mk2 XL shield is better than it (disappointing...).

The blueprints you need to find are...
  • Shield Generator* (worse than TER MK2)
  • Engines*
  • XL Battery* (no choice)
  • M Turret (no choice)
  • L Turret (no choice)
* - These modules must be installed in order to gain the office trophy of the Erlking

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 22:04

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 21:40
Once you board it you just need to find the 5 data vaults containing its missing blueprints (there is no guidance for these, this is intended) and then use your own XL maintenance or ship building facility to finish it.

The 5 blueprints are scattered randomly within the new sectors in data vaults. Some are manditory and most are best in slot. The exception is the Erlking shield which is required for the Erlking trophy and is best in slot if you do not own Cradle of Humanity otherwise TER Mk2 XL shield is better than it (disappointing...).

The blueprints you need to find are...
  • Shield Generator* (worse than TER MK2)
  • Engines*
  • XL Battery* (no choice)
  • M Turret (no choice)
  • L Turret (no choice)
* - These modules must be installed in order to gain the office trophy of the Erlking
imperial would you please share locations? it is a spoiler forum i would love hints on where to get it
X gamer , one at a time.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 23:09

Truly? You have to track down those irritating puzzle things to unlock the super cool new battleship? I find that... hateful.

I ****** HATE looking for those needle in a haystack data vaults. To put something as super interesting as the workability of the shiny new ship behind that inane time consuming and BORING activity... is hateful.

Are the locations of the vaults randomized? If not please tell me where they are so I don't have to waste my time and emotional effort in that (to me) STUPID activity looking for them in this game to get to something I will ACTUALLY enjoy. My favorite part of the game is using the big awesome ships!
Last edited by Berhg on Fri, 18. Mar 22, 00:15, edited 2 times in total.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 23:21

oddgit wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 18:27
Berhg right? Boso, the anti war guy was like, yeah, go steal that, by force. haha

I was hoping for some sort of storyline related to it.
You're right, it seem incongruous for Boso. Maybe he is more willing to war against the criminal Vigor Syndicate, who themselves stole it from Riptide.

I would much much prefer more plot and story development for Erlking. Reading the description for it, that it is not fully developed, begs for plots involving research projects we can complete, not random blueprints in data vaults, which imply lost, not undeveloped technology.

Goddam... I'm getting bitter over this thing about the davs gating the new Battleship behind one of the activities in X4 which I despise. I need to try to calm down... :lol:
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Agent256
x4

Post by Agent256 » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 00:18

[/quote]
Goddam... I'm getting bitter over this thing about the davs gating the new Battleship behind one of the activities in X4 which I despise. I need to try to calm down... :lol:
[/quote]

+1
if at least you could find those things with raesonable effort...
plastered all of the new sectors with satellites, long range scanned like crazy and found only three vaults which gave me the main weapon, shield and engine.

plz give us mission markers for the vaults
:oops:

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 00:36

palm911 wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 22:04
imperial would you please share locations? it is a spoiler forum i would love hints on where to get it
Sure. They are located randomly within the new DLC sectors :)

It is possible that Avarice IV is not a spawn location since it seems only 2 sectors from Avarice are used for generating the extra 2 for older saves. However I cannot find/understand the logic that places them initially.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 02:37

Any suggestion how to quickly and efficiently locate these data vaults?

Flying around in a fast ship and pinging long range scan hasn't shown me one goddam vault in the new DLC sectors, even though I'm using a search pattern to try and systematically cover all areas within a reasonable distance of center.

I guess it doesn't help that I absolutely DETEST this activity.

I mean, I beat all the other shit in this DLC, I want the GODDAM BATTLESHIP! This game needs more battleships.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 03:22

I've been working on this for a few hours now and realized something important. At least, its important to why I've been having so much trouble with data vaults...

When using satellites and the galaxy map to look for data vaults the data vault icon will fade out at a certain zoom level. I typically have my zoom further out than the data vaults will show, so I wasn't seeing them on my galaxy map.

You must zoom in so close that you can't see the entire sector. If you do so, then the data vault icon will show, as long as it is within your satellite network.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 04:19

@ Berhg you can filter the map to just show discovered vaults as long as they are in range of your stuff.

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 04:29

oddgit wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 04:19
@ Berhg you can filter the map to just show discovered vaults as long as they are in range of your stuff.
Aha! Thank you! Took me a minute to realize that I had to type the words into the text box of the filter area. I was looking for a specific vault check box.

Over 2000 hours in this game over the last few years and I still learn little nit picky stuff. XD
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”