Curb deliver fleet mission - new question

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Elvis Aphtee
x4

Curb deliver fleet mission - new question

Post by Elvis Aphtee » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 15:57

Sorry for the new thread on this old mission but I've hunted around and not seen my specific question asked / answered.

After ignoring it for ages I've decided to complete the deliver fleet mission for CUB (siding with them). Demand was for 1 x Rattlesnake and 10 x Dragon Raiders.

I've made the 10 x Dragon Raiders in my Wharf, fitted them per the mission briefing, and capped and refitted a Rattlesnake to match the briefing.

I've had them fly to the target area (and checked each ship was within the sphere).

I get acknowledgements that each vessel has been 'recognised' but in the pop up it states 'not all mission parameters have been fulfilled' or words to that effect.

The Rattler was the last ship delivered, and still the mission does not complete.

Some other finer points:

- I've fitted each vessel with flares (max stock).
- I've fully crewed up the Rattlesnake but not the Dragons. (Request didn't state a demand either way for crew).
- The request for the Rattler asked for 'Ammunition' with no detail on what that actually means. I've put one each of every deployable weapon into the ship, but I've not bothered with drones (bar requested repair drones), satellites etc.
- I was present on the Rattler at the time of delivery - should I be in a separate ship of my own?

Any suggestions, because I'm flummoxed! I'm playing v4.2.

Thanks in advance.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Re: Curb deliver fleet mission - new question

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 17:06

It can be a small thing.

Did you use the loadout preset? When you are given missions to make a fleet with specific loadouts, you can select this loadout in the ship buy screen marked as *Fleet Assembly* (cannot select it in the repair/retrofit screen).
No further changes are needed (albeit beefing up the crew beyond one captain doesn't hinder it). No idea adding extra equipment beyond the mentioned is taken in account.
Ammmunition is maybe missiles for the turrets? Albeit never got an ammunition request myself, even if the ships had missile turrets.

Found the preset loadout by accident myself recently(two fleet missions, with one just a 'hand me X number of ships, allowing me to discover the 'Fleet Assembly' loadout'. Previously I wrote up the loadouts into detail & fitted them manually... So many retrofits because I missed a thing or misread it.

Edit, as you capped the Rattlesnake, the loadout thingie won't help I guess. Considering the baffling amount of guns it can have, it might be that the error is there? Maybe see how much credits you get for selling it at someone's shipyard (the prices can vary between shipyards) & see if the credits cover the Fleet Assembly Rattlesnake (they tend to be lower priced, lowly equipped as they are)

Elvis Aphtee
x4

Post by Elvis Aphtee » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 20:10

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 17:06
It can be a small thing.

Did you use the loadout preset? When you are given missions to make a fleet with specific loadouts, you can select this loadout in the ship buy screen marked as *Fleet Assembly* (cannot select it in the repair/retrofit screen).
No further changes are needed (albeit beefing up the crew beyond one captain doesn't hinder it). No idea adding extra equipment beyond the mentioned is taken in account.
Ammmunition is maybe missiles for the turrets? Albeit never got an ammunition request myself, even if the ships had missile turrets.

Found the preset loadout by accident myself recently(two fleet missions, with one just a 'hand me X number of ships, allowing me to discover the 'Fleet Assembly' loadout'. Previously I wrote up the loadouts into detail & fitted them manually... So many retrofits because I missed a thing or misread it.

Edit, as you capped the Rattlesnake, the loadout thingie won't help I guess. Considering the baffling amount of guns it can have, it might be that the error is there? Maybe see how much credits you get for selling it at someone's shipyard (the prices can vary between shipyards) & see if the credits cover the Fleet Assembly Rattlesnake (they tend to be lower priced, lowly equipped as they are)
Many thanks for the reply.

Yeah, the requested turrets for the Rattler were L Beam and M Flak, so no ammunition should be necessary. I also didn't get the Fleet Assembly loadout possibility - just low, Medium, High and Custom. I just manually input what was required in the Wharf / Shipyard. In the former, just making one and 'buying' ten of them.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 14:43

Elvis Aphtee wrote:
Sat, 8. Jan 22, 15:57
- The request for the Rattler asked for 'Ammunition' with no detail on what that actually means. I've put one each of every deployable weapon into the ship, but I've not bothered with drones (bar requested repair drones), satellites etc.
Did that yesterday. For the rattlesnake my game said "ammunition: repair drones" so I filled the rattlesnake with repair drones only.
Also filled all turrets/shields slots.
Worked for me.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

budforceuk
x4

Post by budforceuk » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 20:49

You don't need to fill the weapon slots.

So Rattlesnake main battery, you just need 1 not 4, and that's the same across the board.

It might be the repair drones, just basically read very carefully the mission requirements and triple check your ships, you've almost certainly missed something.

Edit: take the crew out of the rattlesnake, give it only the 1 turret etc.

Then after the mission you can very easily board and capture it :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”