Terran Trading Station Faction Logic

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Manawydn
x4

Terran Trading Station Faction Logic

Post by Manawydn » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 23:31

Can someone help me figure out the faction logic behind the various Terran trading stations? I would like to nudge them in the direction of building more by clearing out sectors of other factions with existing tradestations. I understand that it is largely based on location and a quota/max that any race can have at any given time, in any given region etc. What I am most curious about is, what the differences are between all the various Terran tradestations.

Orbital Supply Base
Orbital Logistics Dock
Orbital Support Station

Other than flavor-text, what causes the Terrans to build one "type" of trade station over another? Do they just cycle through the names, or is it based on the planets/stars/nebulae, or resources etc?
Is there a way to nudge them towards building one type over another?

Last, is there a way to "give" the Terrans more trading stations through the use of a mod? I have Recycle Ships and Stations, it works great for everything except trade-stations so I want to find a way to make those work.

I really hope that Egosoft can give us better tools when we scale up to the faction scale of operations. Things like templates for fleets as well as existing ship/station templates would be a great help. Mass-renaming, Mass-upgrade/refit/repair at EDocks, and some sort of method of hiding your excess stations would be a major time-saver. Until then, the trade-station thing. Can anyone help me maximize my Terran trade stations throughout the universe?

Stoats not Goats
x4

Re: Terran Trading Station Faction Logic

Post by Stoats not Goats » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 06:29

The main differences between the stations are their names, configuration and placement (this section of the relevant wiki page outlines where each is distributed https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... leStations).

The main distinguishing features between them are:
  • Orbital Logistics Dock - The largest of the station types (and also identical to the Segarian trading station layout) it features 5 liquid and 5 trading station storage
  • Orbital Supply Base - Feature an administration module
  • Orbital Support station - Smallest of the lot
The Terrans will rebuild these stations in the same sectors and will not attempt to build new ones elsewhere unless they are destroyed and the Terrans lose the sector that the original station was in.

You could mod the Terran logic to give them a greater allocation of trade stations of course and this would involve replacing parts of libraries/god.xml and md/factionlogic_stations.xml and wouldn't be all that difficult. If you want help with this don't hesitate to ask in the S&M forum or the egosoft discord.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

grapedog
x4

Re: Terran Trading Station Faction Logic

Post by grapedog » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 04:46

There is logic in the game that controls some of this, but ive no idea how it works. Certain sectors will cause certain factions to build new structures. For example, if TEL takes Family Tkr, they'll build a trading station there. It might be specific sectors, or sector count as to what determines expansion build logic, or maybe both. Another example is PAR building a trade station in Pontifexs Claim if they control it.

Ive had factions build stuff in weird spots when they get large.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”