How did my HQ get its own black market dealer?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

How did my HQ get its own black market dealer?

Post by LameFox » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 06:14

I have an employee on my PHQ who is a black market merchant. I never unlocked her through scanning, I just noticed one day that she works there and when I commed her she has a market I can access and the 'what have you got in bulk' option. She does not appear to have a physical presence on the station. When I ask how to find her, she gives me a guidance mission that first tells me to undock, then to dock again, then undock (etc). Seems a bit overly cautious but ok. She buys my security slicers and whatnot over comms so I can't complain.

Is this something you get from a plot? I am on the PIO start if that matters and have done enough of the Terran plots to be sent to do the HAT plot and to have the Syn.
***modified***

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: How did my HQ get its own black market dealer?

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 10:45

I would like to have a bm-dealer too. :rant:

I tried a lot onceupon to get one (scanning dataleaks on my phq), i expected to get a bar too because normaly you find them there and npc stations get one if you find the right dataleak.

But i gave up after some hours......thought its impossible.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 11:27

I guess maybe with the PIO start it's possible that they spawn there before the player owns it, and then transfer ownership to the player?

I also had a manager I know I never hired, because she was there before the dock was built...
***modified***

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 14:35

Hey,
I play the PIO start too and my HQ was empty. And I am a little bit jealous too about your black market dealer on your HQ :wink: even though i I have some HAT dealers with +25 they will not buy my "piracy tools" (many hundred security slicers by now
...)
Maybe I should try to find some signal leaks on my HQ (unfortunately many hundred modules...)
Last edited by Repli on Sun, 28. Nov 21, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 16:06

Yeah, I normally forget they exist by the time I can sell them to anyone, so it's nice to be able to dispose of them. Particularly Slicers, which only turn off turrets, and that bypass system which doesn't do anything.
***modified***

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Fri, 4. Mar 22, 04:16

I've got an employee on my station too that has Black Market inventory.
I haven't been able to find her in the station.
Has anyone else had any luck finding her in the station?

ovi.cox
x4

Post by ovi.cox » Mon, 7. Mar 22, 23:31

All black market dealers I unlock on stations are Scale Plate Pact with which I have -5 Neutral reputation. No matter the sector or race! I tried to up my rep whith this faction but no matter how many xenon or kha’ak I kill near their stations, or trading with them my rep remains -5 and they wouldn’t buy my security bypass system, security decription system and security slicer…they are greyed out and it says “The trader doesn’t want to buy this item. You need to increase your rep first”. Which I can’t. :gruebel: Is this a bug or there is something in particular I need to do to increase rep with this faction. Are there black market dealers of other factions?
Thanks in advance for your answers!

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 8. Mar 22, 07:08

ovi.cox wrote:
Mon, 7. Mar 22, 23:31
You need to increase your rep first”. Which I can’t. :gruebel: Is this a bug or there is something in particular I need to do to increase rep with this faction. Are there black market dealers of other factions?
There is one Terraforming-mission, that unlocks the Pirate reputation.
(Contrary to that I would like an option to lock FAF.)

wrt OP: back after the release of the game it was possible to assign an employee as a 'Black Market Dealer' on player owned stations. (Once assigned I could never find those). That option was gone for a while but came back with 4.0/CoH (afaik). Still without physical representation aboard a station - but I think it was mentioned that remote/large scale trading via comms was/is possible.

ovi.cox
x4

Post by ovi.cox » Wed, 9. Mar 22, 19:33

@DanKara thank you for your answer!
So I have a lot of work in either cases. I have only manager now at HQ and it doesn’t allow me to transfer any other crew saying no empty posts at this station, so I guess I need to expand my HQ, build more modules.
I am faaar away from being capable of terraforming. 🤗

Darkwolf_187
x4

Post by Darkwolf_187 » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 01:56

ovi.cox wrote:
All black market dealers I unlock on stations are Scale Plate Pact with which I have -5 Neutral reputation.
Not a bug. SCA reputation is locked at -5, can't go up or down, unless you complete a terraforming mission which then unlocks it. They also Plunder anything that's below 0 with them. So in default state, you can beat them up as much as you like and your reputation with them won't move, but they'll pirate your stuff.

Or you can complete the mission, unlock their rep, then get it above 0 and they'll leave you alone but still pirate other factions.

ovi.cox
x4

Post by ovi.cox » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 01:14

Darkwolf_187 wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 01:56
ovi.cox wrote:
All black market dealers I unlock on stations are Scale Plate Pact with which I have -5 Neutral reputation.
Not a bug. SCA reputation is locked at -5, can't go up or down, unless you complete a terraforming mission which then unlocks it. They also Plunder anything that's below 0 with them. So in default state, you can beat them up as much as you like and your reputation with them won't move, but they'll pirate your stuff.

Or you can complete the mission, unlock their rep, then get it above 0 and they'll leave you alone but still pirate other factions.
Thanks for explaining!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”