What are the requirements to use Management Training on crew members?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xeon
x4

What are the requirements to use Management Training on crew members?

Post by Xeon » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 08:46

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out how to use the Management training on any of the crew members I hire, but it doesn't seem to be available to any of these crew members, no matter what their stats are.

I'm trying to hire crew members that have at least a partial Management Star, but those cannot receive the training, at least not while aboard my ships.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Xeon

LameFox
x4

Re: What are the requirements to use Management Training on crew members?

Post by LameFox » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 09:20

If you mean the seminars, I think you can only send them one for the primary stat of their current role. So you could send a management seminar to a station manager, or a piloting one to a ship captain.
***modified***

Xeon
x4

Post by Xeon » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 20:22

Ahhhh Hahhh! OK, I'll give this a try!

Thank you!

Xeon

Drylce

Post by Drylce » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 23:43

You should also probably note that there are different training seminars ranging from "Basic" and "1 Star" to "4 Star". The game won't let you waste a 4 Star seminar on a 0 or 1 Star manager so you'd need to find one that fits their skill level;

0-2/3 Star use "Basic"
1-1 2/3 use "1 Star"
2-2 2/3 use "2 Star"

and so on, each will boost the respective skill by 1 Star (1/3 goes to 1 1/3, 2 goes to 3)

Finally, note that the "Morale" skill is important for actually getting a 5 star manager - if they have anything but 5 stars in Morale you'll get at best a 4 2/3 Star Manager. The only way to boost Morale is either hire an experienced person on a station or have them complete tasks for you (such as mining, fighting, trading, or building a station using a construction ship to name a few)

Xeon
x4

Post by Xeon » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 02:26

Yes, thank you for mentioning that, I saw that this was the case as there is a pop up that indicates you have to have a lvl2 training module in order to train the higher level, but I must have missed that lil pop up a half a dozen times before I noticed it.

Thank you for all the replies!

I finally figured out a way to solve one of the "provide level 1 manager" quests, by just swapping the manager I had at my station with a new guy, (since it was the only place 'Manager' was a title I could assign) and I then trained that new manager with the management Seminar's I had. Worked like a charm, in case someone else is also having this problem.

You do of course have to, do the missions to get your station operational in order to do this. FWIW!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 02:35

Xeon wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 02:26
You do of course have to, do the missions to get your station operational in order to do this. FWIW!
Not really. You could just build a simple station on your own. You definitely do not need to do the PHQ plot for that purpose.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Xeon
x4

Post by Xeon » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 06:44

Nanook wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 02:35
Xeon wrote:
Sun, 28. Nov 21, 02:26
Not really. You could just build a simple station on your own. You definitely do not need to do the PHQ plot for that purpose.
Yes, well the point is, using a station is the way to take care of this other type of quest, not that it was solely about the PHQ.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”