Khaak Mechanics: Locations, Spawning and Combat.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Khaak Mechanics: Locations, Spawning and Combat.

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 16:09

Incinerator wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 08:19
Seems the Khaak have multiple installations in a system? I squished one with the PHQ when doing the teleporter research. A new one was spawned pretty much instantly. I assume it must have been an outpost since it was in Grand Exhange. Quickest way to deal with it, just phase your PHQ over it. =)
It must have somehow counted as an NPC kill. NPC kills of installations have very little cooldown time.

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 21:48

Do kha'ak use jump gates? There have been kha'ak appearing in "The Void", but searched very far away and couldnt find their station.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:27

Toshis8 wrote:
Fri, 24. Mar 23, 21:48
Do kha'ak use jump gates? There have been kha'ak appearing in "The Void", but searched very far away and couldnt find their station.
The OP wrote:
Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 06:11
Once an outpost or hive has spawned Khaak will periodically spawn on top of appropriate miners. There is also a background spawn rate which allows infrequent and small attacks in sectors without an outpost or hive.
I'd take that as "no, they do not travel through gates".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:32

Toshis8 wrote:
Antigone Memorial often starts with a Hive soon after game start. This can spawn KHK and KHK outposts in The Void.

KHK will use jump gates, super highways and highways if they need to get somewhere after spawning/teleport. Nothing stops them using normal flight mechanics.

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:39

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:32
Toshis8 wrote:
Antigone Memorial often starts with a Hive soon after game start. This can spawn KHK and KHK outposts in The Void.

KHK will use jump gates, super highways and highways if they need to get somewhere after spawning/teleport. Nothing stops them using normal flight mechanics.
I see, thank you. After finding kha'ak, explored "The Void" about 850 km from the center in all directions, but couldnt find their station. Also, is it possible for npc factions to destroy kha'ak station? I mean, do they actively try to remove kha'ak station with strong enough force?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 23:21

Toshis8 wrote:
Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:39
Also, is it possible for npc factions to destroy kha'ak station? I mean, do they actively try to remove kha'ak station with strong enough force?
Yes but they respawn in a few minutes, unlike the hours that it usually takes after a player kills them.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 17:51

I'm finding these annoyingly frustrating to deal with. Not because I don't have the firepower (I have an Asgard parked on top of one), but because actually identifying what to shoot at, when combined with the awkward "architecture", just makes the entire process difficult and time consuming.

Is there an easy way to deal with it? Would I be better off trying OOS combat against the bloody things?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Cruis.In
x3

Post by Cruis.In » Sat, 17. Jun 23, 04:23

i killed the Kha'ak installation in antigone memorial but i cant find the outpost in asteroid belt. looked all over, as im accustomed to finding them from before.,
offensive signature removed

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 00:16

Since 6.00 the NPC factions sometimes offer missions to destroy KHK hives and installations. I think these reveal to you the location of the hive/installation if accepted.

There is some background spawn rate for KHK, even if there is not a hive or outpost in the sector.

Grouch Potato
x4

Post by Grouch Potato » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 05:05

The mission does give the orange marker/line to the khaak outpost.

Getting the missions to spawn even if you've seen the khaak active and have also found their base, well..... that's reliant on rng.
RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 31. Mar 23, 17:51
I'm finding these annoyingly frustrating to deal with. Not because I don't have the firepower (I have an Asgard parked on top of one), but because actually identifying what to shoot at, when combined with the awkward "architecture", just makes the entire process difficult and time consuming.

Is there an easy way to deal with it? Would I be better off trying OOS combat against the bloody things?
OOS a Syn will deal with it. They will still take a hour or so. I normally deal with them OOS, on the larger ones that have the separate turret modules scattered about I deal with them myself while another ship or 3 deals with the installation, then I go OOS when I've dealt and leave the AI to finish off.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 17. Sep 23, 02:42

Hello IG, I am wondering if you can comment on something - I'm not sure if your original post was before or after the change to explore orders.

If I right click explore *on* a hex, I get a (edit) larger explore area than if I right click to explore through a gate.
The bigger circle (right clicking a location to explore) is exactly the right size to hit all the six corners of a default sized map.
For the smaller circle (right clicking a gate to explore) its radius is only about 3/4 of the way to the straight edges of a default sized map.

The big circle is more consistent with your explanation that the "core" is the default map area.
So do I need to go 190km past the big circle, or the small circle?

I know it's a bit pedantic, but your explanation is the only one I've found that comes from code.
edit: are there any new hive systems in 6.0/6.2?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 17. Sep 23, 15:32

zakaluka wrote:
Sun, 17. Sep 23, 02:42
The big circle is more consistent with your explanation that the "core" is the default map area.
So do I need to go 190km past the big circle, or the small circle?
I am not sure if the mechanics have changed. It certainly used to be the case that the gate explore order size was used as that used the appropriate sector values when it was positioned.
zakaluka wrote:
Sun, 17. Sep 23, 02:42
edit: are there any new hive systems in 6.0/6.2?
Possibly sanctuary of darkness might have Khaak mechanics associated with it. But no other sectors were added to the hive spawn list that I am aware of.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”