Custom start as Terran in Sol - still doesn't count as Terran

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pares
x4

Custom start as Terran in Sol - still doesn't count as Terran

Post by Pares » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 22:31

So I figured with the new custom starts I can define my own origin story, so I start in Sol (Earth) with the Terran looks and a Terran ship, with roughly the same reputation towards the other factions as the Terran Protectorate has. Guess that still doesn't define me as a Terran. I could start the Solborn plot as usual (after reaching +5 rep with the Protectorate), I finished it up until the point where I'm promoted to operative or whatever. Then nothing happens. I'm already Hero of Sol, +12 rep with PIO, still nothing. Nobody called me yet. I would expect at this point that the same thing happens as when I start with the Terran Cadet, i.e. I'm sent by the secret service to spy against PIO which leads to the PHQ, etc., but no. Actually I got an email from Boso Ta (anonimously) instead to scan for signal leaks if I'm interested, and after finally finding one far away in Argon space, the same mission starts as when I start with the non-Terran start, i.e. pickup something on the station, go through an anomaly, teleport to Grand Exchange, etc. So everything indicates that form plot standpoint I'm considered a non-Terran. Does this mean the the cool new mission to get the PHQ is only possible through the Terran Cadet start? My disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined. :rant:

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: Custom start as Terran in Sol - still doesn't count as Terran

Post by Geek » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 01:53

Sorry, but it is entirely your fault.
The plots you can play depend on the start, not the race of your character.
Thus "Custom start" is not the same than "Terran Cadet", even if you pick a Terran in Terran space in the custom choices.
Right on commander !

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 13:35

Geek wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 01:53
Thus "Custom start" is not the same than "Terran Cadet", even if you pick a Terran in Terran space in the custom choices.
I'm not sure blame or someone fault is correctly answer, as game gave you limited option in custom start.

To OP,
Sadly, they didn't add Terran Cadet plot to option of Custom Start,
Best way is that you get all done in terran Cadet with headquarter, along dan from Hat plot, project genesis, and yaki, heart of pirate, once that basic plot done, then you can set up all those plot are done in custom Start, then set up terran as hero of terran, that is closest thing you can be pure terran, even as earthborn, but only downside, you can't roleplaying those plot again as that plot are done in custom start game as you already had everything headquarter, dan from hat and not worry about project genesis puzzle, so go on so less story in custom start.

Only Terran Cadet had special early plot for terran stuff (not earthborn, just solborn however)
I too wish they add those option of plot to custom start, not just terran Cadet game styles, but spilt, and along ect. Oh well.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:08

Geek wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 01:53
Well, maybe it's my fault, but maybe if I only started the Solborn Militia plot, and nothing else (so I have zero progress with the PHQ and every possible related plot), then maybe the plot could continue naturally the same way as it does in the Terran Cadet start and shouldn't just stop until I find and finish a seemingly completely unrelated plot for which I have to travel far away from Sol to even start...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”