Need more turrets and shields for Duke's Haven

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Need more turrets and shields for Duke's Haven

Post by builder680 » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 05:46

If I have built the minimum required of everything else (living domes, bridges, defense bridges and modules, etc...) what do I build to make up the difference for turrets and shield generators? I guess I could just keep adding random modules but really just want the quickest way to meet these last 2 requirements if anyone knows the answer.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Need more turrets and shields for Duke's Haven

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 19:21

I'd go with moar defense modules.

They are cheap and fairly quick to build, and have a lot of turret/shield hardpoints per modules.

IIRC this station is fairly at risk of getting hammered by neighboring factions. Might as well put a few extra guns. :D
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 20:21

Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 1. Oct 21, 19:21
I'd go with moar defense modules.

They are cheap and fairly quick to build, and have a lot of turret/shield hardpoints per modules.

IIRC this station is fairly at risk of getting hammered by neighboring factions. Might as well put a few extra guns. :D
Alright, thanks. Yeah I hadn't really gotten too much into station defense but am trying to figure out placement and whatnot now. It seems none of the presets will fill all my turret and shield slots automatically, or at least it doesn't appear to be doing so. I have all the L/M turret and shield bp's from Paranid and Terran (the parts I am building the station out of), so I don't think I'm missing blueprints. Do I have to manually check every single module to make sure all the slots are filled? If so, ugh...

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 23:07

builder680 wrote:
Fri, 1. Oct 21, 20:21
Do I have to manually check every single module to make sure all the slots are filled? If so, ugh...
You have 2 tools to help doing this quickly
1- You can save a module loadout the same way you can save a ship loadout or a station blueprint. You will then have it listed with the other presets.
2- If you copy/paste a module (or a sequence), you also copy their loadout. So set up a module the way you want (or a group of them) and just copy/paste them in other areas of your station.

This should help you reduce the click-fest.

And yeah, the default low/moderate/high presets are glitchy and tend not to fill everything depending on the module and/or the phase of the moon. I never figured out why they work or not, but I stopped bothering ever since we got the ability to save the loadouts.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 1. Oct 21, 23:28

Ah that will help, thanks!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”