Hatikvah Plot - ship capturable?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sirus5
x4

Hatikvah Plot - ship capturable?

Post by Sirus5 » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:14

Hi Guys,

When doing the Hatikvah plot - at the end is a SCA Sonra - where
you have to save the boarding pods....

Does anyone know if that ship is boardable and capturable?

Thanks

Old Drullo321
x4

Re: Hatikvah Plot - ship capturable

Post by Old Drullo321 » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:16

I don't think it is. I wasn't able to board it.

Sirus5
x4

Post by Sirus5 » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 12:21

WOW - Fast answer -
Thanks Sir

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 16:14

I second that. I was unable to give the "board" order for this target.
I thought it was a bug, then managed to cap a couple miners without any issues.

So it's fair to assume it's just scripted.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 18:30

Those special ships are not available for boarding. Not just that freighter, but other ships as well, like the Rattlesnake that spawns for the Split plot. (when you scan it, is only has 1 crew member. Easy target under normal circumstances, but impossible to board for story reasons)

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 03:11

It's can't be done due story plots, it's red letter blocked out, that not normal to capturable. Used to be, I guess they kind of nerfed this one.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Diroc
x4

Re: Hatikvah Plot - ship capturable?

Post by Diroc » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 07:52

Also, the Boso Ta mission for upgrading engines IIRC. There is a Phoenix with a nice red paintjob. You are offered a ship to buy at the end of the race I believe.
That Red Phoenix is not boardable. I docked an S fighter on the ship to keep track of it. It's still flying around in my game.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 11:26

Diroc wrote:
Fri, 19. Nov 21, 07:52
Also, the Boso Ta mission for upgrading engines IIRC. There is a Phoenix with a nice red paintjob. You are offered a ship to buy at the end of the race I believe.
That Red Phoenix is not boardable. I docked an S fighter on the ship to keep track of it. It's still flying around in my game.
I've boarded destroyers and miners before that had docked ships, and I also sometimes received the docked ships when the boarding op completed. I wonder if perhaps you could do the same with this ship... board the big ship and get the docked S ship as a bonus.... I'l have to try that next time.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 13:28

Yeah the HAT ship that SCA boards cannot be taken—however I often cap the SCA freighter whose drones you blow up earlier. It never goes anywhere so you might as well.
***modified***

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 20:12

grapedog wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 11:26
Diroc wrote:
I've boarded destroyers and miners before that had docked ships, and I also sometimes received the docked ships when the boarding op completed. I wonder if perhaps you could do the same with this ship... board the big ship and get the docked S ship as a bonus.... I'l have to try that next time.
It has nothing to do with docked ships. It's not boardable because it's tagged not to be. Although I've never tried to board it later in the game after the plots were completed so I don't know if that tag persists. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:54

Nanook wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 20:12
grapedog wrote:
Diroc wrote:
It has nothing to do with docked ships. It's not boardable because it's tagged not to be. Although I've never tried to board it later in the game after the plots were completed so I don't know if that tag persists. :gruebel:
This ship is not boardable, what is boardable in the Hatikvah plot is the Pelican that you put the bombs for. After they explode it can make a fine addition to the player's fleet, not to mention all the cargo it carries that one can either use or sell...

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:58

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:54
Nanook wrote:
grapedog wrote:

This ship is not boardable, what is boardable in the Hatikvah plot is the Pelican that you put the bombs for. After they explode it can make a fine addition to the player's fleet, not to mention all the cargo it carries that one can either use or sell...
You've tried to board it after the plot runs its course? Or do ships like that never change once put into the game?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 08:36

grapedog wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:58
dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:54
Nanook wrote:

You've tried to board it after the plot runs its course? Or do ships like that never change once put into the game?
After, I'm not going to wait for another one to come to finish the plot mission. I have noticed though that if for some reason there is no ship or the ship docks before you put the mines it is repeated....

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”