So im rushing back to defend a terran station (ter plot) from lots of bad guys...

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

So im rushing back to defend a terran station (ter plot) from lots of bad guys...

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 07:25

Hi there.

So yeah i was following this plot quest where u go place a sat at a spot, then u investigate some xenon signals i think then i go through a gate and i think my ship mate turned into a yaki or something, as one guy was saying im following you, a few times then another voice said the same thing then this guy comes up on screen without a jaw and goes on about revenge i think. Think my right little monitor said yaki for some reason.

Anyhow i get the call to rush back as their under attack so i do.

I just bought a new ship for this mission too as i didnt think my keki or whatever 3 weapon ship would hold up somehow, glad i did but i still died. I bought a terran m corvette thing, its a bit hard to handle in a fight especially when trying to keep a ship in view and chase it a bit, also fps not being too smooth didnt help either, i had a mix of 2 front pulse mk 2 and some other mk 2 that was similar in price. Thought a mix of about the same weapon drainage would be ok. And some bolt turrets for defence.

Anyhow so im defending the station, fps isnt too bad at this point, killed about 4 enemies, i wish i knew the key at the time to target nearest enemie which didnt target a little tiny ship smuggeler tho, anyhow. So im attacking and then suddenly my ships getting hammered and then died, i looked at the radar or map i forget whcih just before i died and there was blookin hundreads of red markers all over. Nee wonder i died. Maybe i drifted too far away from station i dunno, was still pretty close i thought tho.

Anyhow, so yeah, the mission said it wasnt that hard, pay was only 175k which wasnt alot i thought so i thought id be ok on my own.

Nope.

So yeah how are u suppose to tank that fight on ur own, i really am not into building fleets or have support with me, i do it on my own like in the past games. One ship vs the universe kinda. :D

So any tips or notice if i did something wrong, was the ship i bought and kitted out not good enough? I tried to get something more tanky than a s ship, the heavy fighter didnt look much of a upgrade from the kiari thing i had so went one size up.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: So im rushing back to defend a terran station (ter plot) from lots of bad guys...

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 09:57

Hundreds of red markers close to a station you are defending sounds like the station had released lots of defence drones (normally blue) and that your actions in its defence may have accidentally damaged one or more drones and made them hostile to you. Just a theory.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Re: So im rushing back to defend a terran station (ter plot) from lots of bad guys...

Post by LameFox » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 10:04

I only partly remember that part of the plot. I think while I was fighting those, at some point the objective changed and they had me land or something before they were all dead?

Anyway I think what went wrong here is that you would try to 'tank' them in the first place. An S or M ship doesn't even have continuous shield regen in vanilla, you should not stick around to absorb any more damage than you have to. Make your attack and boost out of the way before they can hit you or use the station to break LOS during your attack runs.
***modified***

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 11:06

https://youtu.be/OyG04WTPXBg?t=11781

this mission, not yet watched him do it just tried to find the attack start bit of the mission. Also his fps are way better than mine, guess my 3570k is the cause even tho was being pretty smooth just before fight thinking my 6700xt would handle the battle part ok as id assume its the gfx causing slow down but guess its mainly cpu bringing the fps down.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 11:40

Yeah, I did that one in the Kukri last time. It should not need a very impressive ship. The station offers plenty of cover to avoid being focused by the xenon group, and they are usually mixed up attacking the station and allied ships at the same time. Possibly you were just exposed for too long and a bunch of them focused you. Or maybe an additional random xenon group showed up.
***modified***

Greis

Post by Greis » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:34

To be honest I have done this one quite a few times in testing different mechanics and have found that the earlier you do this the better. The bigger the ship/fleet you bring yourself it seems to "up the ante" on the number in the invasion. Did it one time and had 8-10 mediums and a Rattlesnake and so the Xenon spawn had multiple K's and at least 20 P with 100s of M/N. Have run straight to it from start in the base Kukri and almost nothing showed up. Still a lot M & N but maybe 6 Ps and no destroyers. Not 100% if its the "me" factor or the game world itself ( as in where the intervention fleet went ). In any case I advise basically being a looter during this and if you do shoot anything -- never switch targets until its dead. If you tag a bunch they tend to come back and are set on killing you. For the most part they ignore you if you don't shoot them.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 18:56

Greis wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:34
To be honest I have done this one quite a few times in testing different mechanics and have found that the earlier you do this the better. The bigger the ship/fleet you bring yourself it seems to "up the ante" on the number in the invasion. Did it one time and had 8-10 mediums and a Rattlesnake and so the Xenon spawn had multiple K's and at least 20 P with 100s of M/N. Have run straight to it from start in the base Kukri and almost nothing showed up. Still a lot M & N but maybe 6 Ps and no destroyers. Not 100% if its the "me" factor or the game world itself ( as in where the intervention fleet went ). In any case I advise basically being a looter during this and if you do shoot anything -- never switch targets until its dead. If you tag a bunch they tend to come back and are set on killing you. For the most part they ignore you if you don't shoot them.
That would explain a lot!
I ran this mission with a game I started a bit prior to CoH release, and already had quite a few assets when the DLC was released. When I got to this mission, the Xenons were just sending swarms after swarms of everything on the station, to the point where they could actually do serious damage to it and blow up a few modules. I was all "no way I can defend this in a dragon, let alone a kukri." So I brought in my recently acquired rattlesnake, freshly equipped with anti-fighter weaponry, and had quite a blast at blowing everything up... and even with my rattler as defender, the station lost it's S/M dock and a few defense modules.

I wish there were more xenon attacks like this one, scripted or not.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 23:10

It spawns in like 2 Ks, 20 Ps and like 100 S sized ships even if you just started. The Ks show up late due to being XL, and looking at how the flow felt this is likely intentional. In case you were not aware, the mission cannot really be failed as the TER intervention core shows up and saves the day as the station is being turned into a smoking pile of rubble. All the Xenon ships are ordered to attack the station, so completely ignore you unless you fire at them in which case you agro them, but in a way you can assure fair duels.

Easy mission compared to something like "scan Xenon Defence Station".

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”