Split Plot confusion

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Split Plot confusion

Post by builder680 » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 08:17

I've spent the last couple days working on the Split plot, and throughout most of it, we're helping save lives and free slaves. Then, I'm presented with a choice to support the Court of Curbs (CAB), or Zyarth (ZYA). CAB wants less slave freedoms, ZYA supports more slave freedoms. The FRF (Free Families) are the ones I've been helping with the plot, but it seems they're aligned with CAB? I don't understand this. I've been helping FRF to free slaves in order to be able to choose to support their aligned faction, CAB, which wants less slave rights? What? I have no idea who to support here.

Edit: I'm beginning to feel like this game is a social experiment to gauge how much confusion a player will tolerate across UI and story parameters.

Mistle

Re: Split Plot confusion

Post by Mistle » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 11:01

CAB is example of situation when new goverment under the banner "Freedom for people" introduce changes after that people changes their mind of ZYA from "evil ZYA" to "old good evil ZYA"
Situation. like many in real world , many of oppressive goverments comes from the uprising of people.
FRF will trade with ZYA and CAB at the end the cash must match, it's only business . CAB will trade slaves because it's a way of Split. ZYA will finnish any attempts of riots and freedom but will stop FAF piracy, lower slave trade and even stop fight with Argon.
At the end it's a choice between lesser and greater evil , sometimes it's hard to take decision. :gruebel:
Like Witcher said:
“Evil is evil, Stregobor,” said the witcher seriously as he got up. “Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. ... But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 13:20

ZYA reduces FAF piracy... i will ALWAYS side with ZYA, forever more.

FAF piracy is a cancer in this game.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 23:03

Don't take it too much at heart... it's all for the money...

Supporting CUB through the end will drop the whole region in strife and war, therefore good business opportunities while supporting ZYA will bring peace (more or less) and less business...

Take your pick...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”