[Beta 4.10] Issue with Split plot

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

[Beta 4.10] Issue with Split plot

Post by builder680 » Mon, 6. Sep 21, 13:02

I am supposed to report to a ship named "Slave Trader 2" after destroying a Zyarth ship in the plot. Upon arrival at the ship and attempting to comm, I just get the standard low rep response of "I'm not talking to you." Any ideas what I should do here?

unmodified save file located here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xb6m8u9c ... ml.gz/file

screenshot of the ship in question here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2594992491

Stoats not Goats
x4

Re: [Beta 4.10] Issue with Split plot

Post by Stoats not Goats » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 06:15

You need to increase your reputation with the free families to -9 and above to get docking privileges. At -14 you should be able to shoot down mass traffic around their stations and they won't try and attack you.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 09:07

Ok, yeah I thought it might be this. I spent an hour flying around their stations looking for criminals and found none. Was hoping this wouldn't be the answer, but I do appreciate it. Thanks :)

edited to add: I got lucky and found a mission to destroy criminals near a base after an hour and a half. Got the rep to -8. And then when I comm Slave Trader 2 again, they just ask "What do you want?" My only options are 1. Surrender!, 4. Where can I find...?, and 6. Goodbye. The answer to 4 is "I'm not helping you." So I'm still not clear what to do beyond raising rep even more. Maybe that's the answer.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 11:26

builder680 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 09:07
Ok, yeah I thought it might be this. I spent an hour flying around their stations looking for criminals and found none. Was hoping this wouldn't be the answer, but I do appreciate it. Thanks :)

edited to add: I got lucky and found a mission to destroy criminals near a base after an hour and a half. Got the rep to -8. And then when I comm Slave Trader 2 again, they just ask "What do you want?" My only options are 1. Surrender!, 4. Where can I find...?, and 6. Goodbye. The answer to 4 is "I'm not helping you." So I'm still not clear what to do beyond raising rep even more. Maybe that's the answer.
You have to dock, not contact them. After you dock Dal Busta will tell you to go to the ship's Bridge and talk to the captain

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 18:54

I tried to dock and was denied at -15 in my space suit. I'll try again at -8 in my Rapier.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 19:22

builder680 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 18:54
I tried to dock and was denied at -15 in my space suit. I'll try again at -8 in my Rapier.
You have to be -9 or better to be able to dock with any faction. That said you need to dock with the ship that carries the "Kidnapped" person from the Slave captured Cobra.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 19:39

I'm docked now, thank you :)

Edit: Now I'm at the part where you pick up the access cards from the dock, then go to the pen to free the prisoners. I'm in the pen but interacting with the prisoners only results in them saying "Split done now. You spare life?" or similar. There are 2 prisoners but I can't figure out how to free them.

Edit 2: I think the issue is that Slave Trader 2 ship undocks when I pick up the access cards. I think they're supposed to be docked at the station for me to free them. But it undocks when I pick up the access cards and just sits about 20 km away for some reason. Here's the current save:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wbrqnvb0 ... ml.gz/file

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 22:04

builder680 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 19:39
I'm docked now, thank you :)

Edit: Now I'm at the part where you pick up the access cards from the dock, then go to the pen to free the prisoners. I'm in the pen but interacting with the prisoners only results in them saying "Split done now. You spare life?" or similar. There are 2 prisoners but I can't figure out how to free them.

Edit 2: I think the issue is that Slave Trader 2 ship undocks when I pick up the access cards. I think they're supposed to be docked at the station for me to free them. But it undocks when I pick up the access cards and just sits about 20 km away for some reason. Here's the current save:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wbrqnvb0 ... ml.gz/file
You should go behind the desk in front of the cells, there you'll see the "buttons" that you have to click to open the cells. After that go to the docking bay, there is a getaway ship waiting for you (you keep it too!!!)...

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 23:01

Awesome ill check this after work, thank you! Honestly I looked behind the desk for something like that but must have missed it.

Edit: this was it, I missed obvious buttons. thanks :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”