Kha'ak - Large Installation Locations?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Kha'ak - Large Installation Locations?

Post by grapedog » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 17:09

I'm trying to create a list of locations where the large Kha'ak clusters can spawn. I know I saw it once before like a year ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore... it's probably just buried deep.

I know I've found them in Heretics End, Matrix 451, and Lasting Vengence.... and I think I remember seeing them in Pious Mists IV.

But I think I recall there being 8 total sectors that they can spawn in.

I don't have much trouble killing the satellite clusters quickly, but it's becoming annoying not being able to find the big clusters, to stop the re-spawning of the smaller clusters.

Any help would be appreciated if you know for sure which sectors they spawn in. I'll update the section below once I've gotten confirmation that a large hive/installation can spawn there.

-------------------------------------------
So far we've got confirmations of Large Hives/Installations in...

Heretic's End, Matrix 451, Lasting Vengence, Pious Mists IV, Silent Witness XII
Last edited by grapedog on Thu, 26. Aug 21, 07:32, edited 3 times in total.

xant
x4

Re: Kha'ak - Large Installation Locations?

Post by xant » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 17:17

Silent Witness XII starts with a Hive (that's what they're called), I've also seen one spawning in Zyarth's Dominion IV pre CoH, though I don't know if it is still a spawn location now.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 21:02

mine seem to all be called "installation". (large Ones w. defense platforms + small ones that seem to be responsible for spawning miner attack-squads)

as of right this second:

Code: Select all

Matrix#9            [small installation] (recurring spawn)
Pious Mists 4      [Large installation] + [small installation] (small = recurring spawn, keepin the large one intact, this might have been the initial seed/gamestart one)
Hewa's Twin 1     [small installation] (recurring spawn)
Hewa's Twin 2     [small installation] (recurring spawn)
got bored with deploying "sensor nets"

highly suspect:

Ianamus Zura 7 
Ianamus Zura 4
i've never seen a single one in FRF space, despite heavy mining activity (my own + factions)

gamestart/initial seed locations:

Matrix#451
Pious Mist 4   
Silent Witness 12
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

xant
x4

Post by xant » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 22:08

If we include the small ones, Asteroid Belt should be mentioned. I already had 4 re-spawns there. Also one in Savage Spur II.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 23:00

It should not be possible to spawn in Asteroid Belt as most of the Terran core is added as an exclusion zone for KHK installations. The fact you are not alone with reporting that you have installations in Asteroid Belt means there could be a bug with the logic?

The big installations have specific sectors they can spawn in, as declared in the script file. Smaller installations (outposts) can spawn in sectors near the big installations. Split Vendetta adds a single new big installation spawn point. Call of Humanity does not add any new big installation spawn point, and most of the Terran core sectors are added to a KHK exclusion list which should prevent outposts from spawning in them.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 23:30

I think we had this discussion back in April. As it stands, Kha'ak Installations are spawning in Asteroid Belt, I've destroyed five of them by now and I don't expect them to slow down on coming back for more.

Would be nice if it really was a bug, my miners would be thankful for a safe mining zone.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 07:29

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 25. Aug 21, 23:00
It should not be possible to spawn in Asteroid Belt as most of the Terran core is added as an exclusion zone for KHK installations. The fact you are not alone with reporting that you have installations in Asteroid Belt means there could be a bug with the logic?

The big installations have specific sectors they can spawn in, as declared in the script file. Smaller installations (outposts) can spawn in sectors near the big installations. Split Vendetta adds a single new big installation spawn point. Call of Humanity does not add any new big installation spawn point, and most of the Terran core sectors are added to a KHK exclusion list which should prevent outposts from spawning in them.
How does one read the script file? I don't suppose someone has already posted it somewhere? I tried searching already and couldn't find anything.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 22:35

grapedog wrote:
Thu, 26. Aug 21, 07:29
How does one read the script file? I don't suppose someone has already posted it somewhere? I tried searching already and couldn't find anything.
Use the archive extractor tool used for mod development to view the files, if you so wish to see them. I think there is an agreement that has to be confirmed to download it.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 30. Aug 21, 05:12

must both large and small haves spawn in sectors that contain Silicon, or can they spawn where there is no silicon?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 30. Aug 21, 05:23

And now I've got 2 small hive clusters, at the same time, in neighboring sectors. One in Family Zhin, and one in Family Nhuut.... so does that mean I have two separate large hives within 3 jumps of each small cluster... or could one large hive be producing 2 small clusters, right next to each other?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”