Recovering reputation

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mistle

Recovering reputation

Post by Mistle » Fri, 20. Aug 21, 10:14

I change my mind and want to recover my reputation and help CAB fraction. The last few stations of CAB are in the Heart of Acrimony. Current reputation is -30.
The are no criminal traffic near station and no missions due to my very low rep. Searched for Khaak in the sector but didn't find even one . SCA, only few S class and can't lure them near station. Couldn't find SCA M or L class in the sector. Generally SCA rather bypass Split sectors.
I can try to lure SCA ship form another sectors but not sure if it is possible through few sectors. Any ideas what I can do more ?

xant
x4

Re: Recovering reputation

Post by xant » Fri, 20. Aug 21, 10:53

You get reputation when you destroy ships belonging to a faction that is hostile to the station owner, in case of CAB that would be ZYA.

There's also a way to force spawn Xenon and Kha'ak using the encounter mechanic: fly to the outer boundaries of the sector, far from the center. At a certain point the game tries to make empty space more interesting and fetches some ships from some other sector, jumping them to your position. Sometimes you get SCA attacking some miners, sometimes you get only Kha'ak or Xenon. If you get those, they usually try to attack you (meaning they'll follow you if you stay at a distance of around 10km). Once you get those Xenon/Kha'ak to follow you, just lure them to the CAB station and destroy them there.

Unless your reputation with CAB is locked, you can repeat it until you get enough rep to land there. After that you can do mission etc.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 20. Aug 21, 11:32

The only hard part in that is that the encounters tend to be "far out" and the "lure in" phase in snail-pace of the foes takes patience.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Fri, 20. Aug 21, 12:02

Thanks for the help.
Will try solution with ZYA, have +29 with them so at least 9 points can sacrifice. Didn't know about "encounter mechanics", will try it also.
Nice ideas, thanks.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 21. Aug 21, 00:14

If you want to do it quickly & don't mind sacrificing the ZYA rep & a bit of additional expense: fly one of your ships near a CAB station, sell the ship to ZYA & then destroy it yourself. Repeat as necessary. Recommend using cheap minimum spec S ships as sacrificial victims. MUCH quicker than waiting for one of CAB's enemies to fly close enough or trying to lure them into position.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 07:46

Actually, the fastest way is local traffic kill, IMHO.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 13:33

VincentTH wrote:
Sun, 22. Aug 21, 07:46
Mistle wrote:
Fri, 20. Aug 21, 10:14
The are no criminal traffic near station and no missions due to my very low rep.
There might be criminal traffic, but is it any more red than normal traffic?
Besides, lurking next to very hostile station until Almighty RNG grants you a weed-loaded tourbus and then until you get a clean shot* might not be "fast".

*Hitting station while peppering criminals is counter-productive.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 20:20

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 22. Aug 21, 13:33
VincentTH wrote:
Mistle wrote:
Fri, 20. Aug 21, 10:14
The are no criminal traffic near station and no missions due to my very low rep.
There might be criminal traffic, but is it any more red than normal traffic?
Besides, lurking next to very hostile station until Almighty RNG grants you a weed-loaded tourbus and then until you get a clean shot* might not be "fast".

*Hitting station while peppering criminals is counter-productive.
FWIW: Only Criminal Traffic (and defense drones) are red, IIRC, not normal station trade traffic, even at -30 rep. Just avoid defense stations :-)
Re: Hitting station.
That's why you only shoot red traffic when clear sky is in the background. It is an art that the player need to master, IMHO :-)!!!!

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 08:49

VincentTH wrote:
Usually yes, but in my plot there is some kind of bug and near the last remnants of CAB station local traffic not occur. I mean I see normal traffic but not hostile traffic.
Generally AI doesn't know what to do with future of CAB :sceptic: . CAB doesn't build new stations, and doesn't buy new fleet, ZYA doesn't push with extermination CAB stations :gruebel: .
For now I recovered my reputation and trying to catch missions like build wharf for CAB or something like that.
But not sure if it will be possible .

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 09:49

criminal mass traffic usually has a chance to pop up the moment you enter the station's "sphere of influence".

would recommend moving on to the next station if you can't see any criminal mass traffic immediately and go back & forth between your remaining CAB stations.

you could wait it out, but if i had to guess.. spawntimes could be 3-5 minutes easily.

at -9 (-10?) you should see mission being offered. (even some "shoot criminal traffic" ones with increased spawn-rate) most rewards net you a +2 rep increase.

assuming CAB don't actually have ownership of Heart of Acrimony ?

if it were me, i'd try and poke an admin module from a contesting faction and swap ownership to CAB. :P
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Mon, 23. Aug 21, 14:45

Tempest wrote:
Mon, 23. Aug 21, 09:49

assuming CAB don't actually have ownership of Heart of Acrimony ?

if it were me, i'd try and poke an admin module from a contesting faction and swap ownership to CAB. :P
Nope they don't have.
But they don't have also they own admin center so sector is not contested.
But started to build my own defense station and will blow up ZYA defense station. Maybe with me as sector owner something will change .

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 00:13

VincentTH wrote:
Somewhat sceptical - have hunted criminals around hostile stations before. It always takes a while & usually requires going within turret range of the station. Selling a ship to one of the faction's enemies & then immediately destroying it takes seconds. Can bring an entire carrier full of sacrificial ships with me if necessary & have it lurk just outside station turret range. No worries about hitting the station either (I'm shooting towards my carrier, not the station) or even having to wait for clear sky behind the target. Indeed it's highly beneficial to take the shot as soon as the sale has taken place, while the ship's still undocking from my carrier (easy shot at a very slow moving target).

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Fri, 27. Aug 21, 22:39

I built my own admin center and sector became to be contested.
Checked and found three ZYA admin centers, 1x Defence Station, 1x Shipyard and 1x Wharf
Three traders with one hundred mines destroyed them completely .
But not, sector didn't change the owner. Checked all ZYA station , explored a lot of space to find remaining admin center, but without any success.
I'm almost sure that I not missed anything , don't know maybe bug in beta and Acrimony II cannot change owner.
I think for now I cannot help more CAB. :sceptic: :rant: :cry:

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 27. Aug 21, 22:49

Mistle wrote:
Fri, 27. Aug 21, 22:39
I built my own admin center and sector became to be contested.
Checked and found three ZYA admin centers, 1x Defence Station, 1x Shipyard and 1x Wharf
Three traders with one hundred mines destroyed them completely .
But not, sector didn't change the owner. Checked all ZYA station , explored a lot of space to find remaining admin center, but without any success.
I'm almost sure that I not missed anything , don't know maybe bug in beta and Acrimony II cannot change owner.
I think for now I cannot help more CAB. :sceptic: :rant: :cry:
Wharfs/Shipyards also count as Admin Modules.

And the rules for sector ownership are: as long as a sector has no clear owner and is marked as contested, ownership will never change, even if the original owner has no stations left. It only changes ownership if only one single faction has Admin Modules in it.

Every sector can change its owner, so it is likely that you overlooked something.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Fri, 27. Aug 21, 23:41

xant wrote:
Fri, 27. Aug 21, 22:49

Wharfs/Shipyards also count as Admin Modules.
Are you sure that wharf/shipyard without admin centre counts as admin module ? :gruebel:
As I wrote I destroyed admin centers in Wharf and Shipyard also.
Also wrote that sector become contested after I built my admin center so situation is rather clear who has admin centers in sectors. Only me and ZYA.
So if it's true that wharf/shipyard without admin center still counts as admin center it can explain a bit.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 28. Aug 21, 22:15

Mistle wrote:
Fri, 27. Aug 21, 23:41
So if it's true that wharf/shipyard without admin center still counts as admin center it can explain a bit.
Trading Stations (Terrans have many names for them) seem to count as "admin"; their claim to sector ends only when entire station is gone.

Indigo

Post by Indigo » Mon, 30. Aug 21, 03:23

xant wrote:
Fri, 20. Aug 21, 10:53
You get reputation when you destroy ships belonging to a faction that is hostile to the station owner, in case of CAB that would be ZYA.

There's also a way to force spawn Xenon and Kha'ak using the encounter mechanic: fly to the outer boundaries of the sector, far from the center. At a certain point the game tries to make empty space more interesting and fetches some ships from some other sector, jumping them to your position. Sometimes you get SCA attacking some miners, sometimes you get only Kha'ak or Xenon. If you get those, they usually try to attack you (meaning they'll follow you if you stay at a distance of around 10km). Once you get those Xenon/Kha'ak to follow you, just lure them to the CAB station and destroy them there.

Unless your reputation with CAB is locked, you can repeat it until you get enough rep to land there. After that you can do mission etc.
Actually quite fond of luring XEN and KHA ships from the edges of the map. Went in search of the Free Port in Silent Witness XI, and found a little station very near the edge of that sector. Use that station as cover and let the station guns do the heavy lifting while I finish them off and collect the goodies. Not that hard to lure them if you've got a reasonably fast ship that can get out of range before they do any real damage.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 09:55

In the end it wasn't so easy to take ownership of sector. I had to pull down my fleet of doom and try few scenarios .
The one which worked was:
- destroy shipyard completely
- destroy defense station completely
- and it strange it wasn't necessary to destroy all wharf but only admin center
Still I think it's kind of bug because previously when I took sectors from Teladi I only needed to destroy admin centers. I repeat I didn't have to destroy all station . :rant:
So now time will show if ZYA stops destroy CAB station, or CAB will start to build new stations, or CAB start to buy or build their own ships as for now I didn't see even one CAB freighter .
CAB had quite large fleet but after war with me and ZYA they lost all fleet and until now they did not rebuild it. :gruebel:

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 10:13

Mistle wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 09:55
In the end it wasn't so easy to take ownership of sector. I had to pull down my fleet of doom and try few scenarios .
The one which worked was:
- destroy shipyard completely
- destroy defense station completely
- and it strange it wasn't necessary to destroy all wharf but only admin center
Still I think it's kind of bug because previously when I took sectors from Teladi I only needed to destroy admin centers. I repeat I didn't have to destroy all station . :rant:
So now time will show if ZYA stops destroy CAB station, or CAB will start to build new stations, or CAB start to buy or build their own ships as for now I didn't see even one CAB freighter .
CAB had quite large fleet but after war with me and ZYA they lost all fleet and until now they did not rebuild it. :gruebel:
To rebuild a fleet they need a shipyard/wharf first. If you get a building mission from them - no matter what they want - just add a few extra modules (ship fabrication) to it. After that supply them.

Meanwhile you can try to sell them ships yourself. Blacklist your own shipyard for anyone but CAB and see what happens.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 13:16

What happened next.
Sector is mine but it didn't change anything in ZYA activity, I think it's even worse and ZYA bring to Acrimony almost all forces loosing with Xenon in another sectors. Strange decision .
CAB didn't start to build new stations, even didn't rebuild two stations which were destroyed by ZYA. Only one station which try to rebuild after the last beta patch is CAB trade station which is destroyed in second by ZYA, and over again.
Can't catch any mission for building anything for CAB, just all the time low and medium mission nothing hard, waited even with SETA but just nothing.
I set my shipyard and wharf to allow ship building to CAB also. What CAB started to build ... only few M and S fighter which died very quickly at attacking ZYA station. They even didn't wait to have bigger squadron just attacking in three fighters station. Brilliant. CAB didn't start to build even one freighter and even one L ship. Without rattlesnake they won't push back ZYA from sector.
I'm willing to build for them fleet of doom but they don't want to be rescued. :?
Not so easy to help faction which want to die :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”