Recovering reputation

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mistle

Re: Recovering reputation

Post by Mistle » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 14:23

The last info from saving these who don't want to be saved.
After long waiting for mission to build something for CAB I catched one. It was to build hull factory so I built hull factory with wharf and shipyard.
Did it change anything ??? ..... No .... . CAB used wharf to repair few fighters which was made by my wharf and that's it . They didn't build even one rattlesnake or freighter.
So if it's implemented in game that in my plot they are not allowed to have ships I won't fight with game :rant: and I have reached my goal 8) which was achieve with CAB +27 so have their paint mode which on military ships looks quite good.
Shame that we cannot have another default paint mode for civilian and military ships.
In the meantime HAT wanted to build defense station so built for them one with wharf and shipyard and they also didn't build even one ship for themselves , only started repair service for ANT, ZYA and Plunderer ships.
I can understand HAT as they didn't have their Shipyard/Wharf but CAB ?? They had all :gruebel:

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 16:55

interesting project this.

@ Mistle; can you test dumping 10+ Destroyers on the CAB-Shipyard? i've tested this in my game on an ARG-Shipyard and it seemed to bug out (or storage remains full for ages) initially they were stuck in queue for dismantling/recycling, but after a while most, if not all, have reverted to "hold position". if nothing else, it'll create a nice "buffer" of destroyers should the unavoidable ZYA patrol come knocking on their door.

not looked in depth, but it seemed to me ZYA trading stations had an admin-module attached in my game. (sniped a few admin modules and reverted ownership to ARG without issue, these sectors were without trading stations though . 11th Hour / Guiding Star)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 10:23

Hi
I've built 10 rattlesnake and sold to CAB. Next situation was like in your case, recycled -> waiting for dock -> one rattlesnake recycled -> the rest reverted to hold position.
Interesting bug/feature 8)
So now have shipyard/wharf with nine rattlesnakes . Shame that CAB can't use that and just protect other stations from ZYA , especially CAB Trading Station which CAB try to rebuild all the time and ZYA all the time destroy it. It looks like this game is OK for both of sides :lol:

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 13:06

Yeah, i was also hoping ARG would actually use them in their fight vs. ZYA in my game. i have seen ONE case where i sold a batch right next to the ZYA shipyard (utter bastard tactics FTW) and a single destroyer reverted to "attack station" behaviour, the others buggered off for recycling.

not sure if bug/feature tbh.

logically, you would expect a faction in a WAR to utilize assets, instead of queueing them for recycling (it doesn't seem to be "faction" related either, as i would expect CAB to happily accept Rattlesnakes instead of smelly ARG Behemoths) on the other hand, dumping a 100 hostile destroyers on a shipyard could be utterly devastating. (fun to watch though :twisted: )
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 09:55

Mistle, trying to follow in your footsteps so to speak.

that CAB trading station constantly being rebuilt was an easy spot, since it's a magnet for ZYA capital ships, brought an Asgard along..

1 ZYA Rattlesnake +8 CAB
1 ZYA Monitor +16 CAB (think it may have had some internal craft there)

so -30 to -6 in 2 kills, after that, my shipyard exploded with CAB orders (dragons so far) and they're stirring up trouble for ZYA all over the place, i love it.

thanks for this idea! :)

once this project is finished, HOP is the candidate for "revival", although i cannot get them to rebuild anything atm (just station plots being put down) my hope is ZYA can assist them with stationbuilding

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:15

Tempest wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 13:06
logically, you would expect a faction [in a WAR] to utilize assets, instead of queueing them for recycling
Factions have "jobs". They build ships to do those jobs. (They can build on their own and on player/ally shipyards/wharfs.)

The jobs are quite fixed. A job description defines ships and equipment.
They don't have a job that requires 100 Behemoths, with Terran shields and Paranid L Plasma.
Only the Deliver Fleet/Ship missions seem to offer "additional jobs".

The point is that they can buy from you what they need for a job, but you can sell to them only scrap.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”