How to stop Teladi

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mistle

How to stop Teladi

Post by Mistle » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 15:40

At the end of my game I see that race which conquer to most of Xenon sectors is Teladi. A lot of stations , a lot of destroyers, they don't fear anything.
The most peaceful race is in fact the most conquering race.Through the plots I can conflict many factions but if I see correctly only after Paranid unite I can start war between united Paranids and Teladi.
Is there any other way to stop Teladi from becoming the most powerful faction ? Of course without destroying manually all their station :) .

Ezarkal
x4

Re: How to stop Teladi

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 18:25

I've seen the opposite before the current Xenon bug. Teladi would get squashed like bugs. Even MIN's wharf and shipyard would get blown up unless I stepped in to protect them. Those were the days! :roll:

If the Xenons are not yet beaten down, I'd say you can just hack the TEL and MIN's shipyards and wharfs every now and then. It should give the Xenons some breathing room.
Actually, you can do this to slow down any faction you deem too powerful. Hack their shipyards, or somehow make sure they are missing one critical ware so they can't produce ships.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 19:26

Aside the shipyard/wharf hack, I do not think Teladi can be stopped "peacefully". :(

You see, they are player-rivals. They are using the same strategy of being "friendly" with everyone and "doing business". PAR protects them from HOP, while TER wages their war on Xenon for them, sending Asgards/Tokios and clearing sectors for taking.

But it is "nothing personal, just business" for Teladi, as apparently they are thinking smuggling, plundering and assaulting other races' trader ships is a valid business strategy. :evil: You know, they are friendly with SCA, right? Up to the point SCA has set up shop in "Grand Exchange III" (in my game), consisting of numerous stations right in front of super highway to "GE I" and the place is littered with hundreds of ARG and PAR traders' carcasses while SCA Minotaur Raiders think the whole Teladi space is huge hunting grounds. :evil:

So, no, you should probably not feel bad about telling Teladi not all "business opportunities" must be encouraged by "actively making demand on the market" via rapid unscheduled deconstruction of Teladi property.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 00:08

It is largely due to the changes to turret balance allowing them to be killed in low attention combat while main batteries still cannot die. This means that the Teladi "pool noodle" ships can actually kill Xenon in low attention since their batteries eventually strip all the turrets off them. In sector they get exploded instantly, like they used to be in low attention before these changes.

If you are playing with Call of Humanity DLC then this is likely helped along by the Terran intervention fleets which help out all the factions against the Xenon. Unlike the Teladi, Terran ships are pretty much best in class for combat and so have no issues bulldozing the Xenon, especially since the combat changes that allow Xenon to lose turrets in low attention. People have reported a single Asguard soloing most of a Xenon cluster.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 09:40

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 6. Aug 21, 00:08
If you are playing with Call of Humanity DLC then this is likely helped along by the Terran intervention fleets which help out all the factions against the Xenon. Unlike the Teladi, Terran ships are pretty much best in class for combat and so have no issues bulldozing the Xenon, especially since the combat changes that allow Xenon to lose turrets in low attention. People have reported a single Asguard soloing most of a Xenon cluster.
True, true, true. I see that behavior in war between Terran and Antigone. In this plot I warned Ant about Terran intrigue. Ant slowly losing war with Terran, when I checked why it happened I saw one Asgard with some fighters even not sure if with even one destroyer slowly killing all Ant's fleet and defense stations. With some time Antigone will loose sectors like Xenon. :cry:
About Teladi, I wil start hack their shipyards and wharfs. Maybe it will help a bit.
About Antigone Republic even if I will start hack they shipyards it's already too late, this Asgard already exist and slowly will kill everything on his path :rant:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 09:57

I had Teladi expand already in 3.30, although most of it was due to "Intervention Corps"-like entity: me.
The Teladi had will and means to build in sectors that "lost Xenon". Along the way they did build up fleets.

Nevertheless, even at 4.0, FAF Rattlesnakes happily demolish Teladi Docks; no proper homeland security.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Fri, 6. Aug 21, 21:53

Question: How to stop Teladi?

Answer: Breeding Xenon!

:lol: :lol:
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 05:02

Mistle wrote:
Fri, 6. Aug 21, 09:40
[...] this Asgard already exist and slowly will kill everything on his path :rant:
Looks to me like a prime target for boarding. :twisted:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”