[4.1Beta] Engine mod research race

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VincentTH
x4

[4.1Beta] Engine mod research race

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 06:59

I have done this race mission in 3.x, no problem with a Peggy and Split Travel Engine Mk3/Combat mk4.

But now, I have started a new game for 4.0, and boy, I could not do this mission anymore, neither in the Peggy nor the Moreya. Looks like the devs have modified this mission to impossible!!!! I am like some 70km away from the destination when the time expires. Of course at this time in the game, I have no access to speed mod. (It would be a game design flaw if , in order to get speed mod research, you have to find a speed mod in the first place?)

Any tip?

WiiWiesel
x4

Re: [4.1Beta] Engine mod research race

Post by WiiWiesel » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 09:00

Did you try it with a Moreya + an Argon Travel Engine MK3?

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 10:21

Terran Travel Drive on Commonwealth ships also has good results. A hint I can give you: Whenever you need to accelerate, first use boost (tab) to get some speed and only then, while at high speed, jump into travel mode. As it is quite instant with the Terran engine, you can save a good chunk of time.

Also use backspace to brake, with that you can stay in travel mode longer, saving you even more time.

Other than that you might want to cancel and restart that particular research mission, as to my knowledge it is randomly generated and sometimes creates a race that is almost impossible, even with a good ship. By resetting the mission you may get an easy one.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 18:13

Thanks for the good tips. Will try Terran engine and the brake tip.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 14:05

Disable flight assist after entering the gate to turn around while maintaining speed. With flight assist off your ship has the turning the same as if it was stationary. When you re-enable flight assist you will accelerate at high speed in the new direction you are facing. This allows you to do very tight turns while at very high speeds in travel mode without turning travel mode off.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”