[4.00FH3] A Way to Get Experienced Marines

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alm888
x4

[4.00FH3] A Way to Get Experienced Marines

Post by Alm888 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 15:30

Hello!
I've just discovered (at least for myself) a way to get really experienced marines without boarding everything that moves non-stop (and losing those who you try to train in the process).

It involves getting NPC boarding crew as "prisoners" on a freshly claimed M/S ship. See my video for details.

Some might think it is an exploit, but I think it is really not the case, as the method requires a lot of active input on a player's side and several hard-to-achieve prerequisites:
1) be friends with Yaki (maybe Fallen Families will also do);
2) manage to force one of the Yaki ships to bail;
3) orchestrate that other Yaki ships try to recapture their ship;
4) beat their boarding crew to it and install own captain on the ship (under enraged Yaki return fire that is!).

P.S. If the ship is smaller than the amount of Yaki boarding crew, haste is in order, as otherwise the crew will overflow and will be lost!

NightmareNight91
x4

Re: [4.00FH3] A Way to Get Experienced Marines

Post by NightmareNight91 » Tue, 31. Aug 21, 16:11

Honestly I never realized that yaki even board things, they all die rather quickly after game creation on my end. This is an interesting approach though that I would love to try if I find any surviving yaki.

Alm888
x4

Re: [4.00FH3] A Way to Get Experienced Marines

Post by Alm888 » Tue, 31. Aug 21, 22:47

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Tue, 31. Aug 21, 16:11
Honestly I never realized that yaki even board things, they all die rather quickly after game creation on my end. This is an interesting approach though that I would love to try if I find any surviving yaki.
These ones were "artificial". They purchased these ships on my wharf -- their own one is long gone due to a stray Asgard around day three (before I managed to even begin their quest line).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”