stuck at mission: recovering what was lost

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hbbe793

stuck at mission: recovering what was lost

Post by hbbe793 » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 11:40

hi all !
just buy d game few days ago. now im stuck at mission: recovering what was lost, where im supposed to scan: signal source. i tried fixing it with repair laser but nothing happend then. what should i do ? after i fix it, i tried scanning again but no more leaking signal ...

hbbe793

Re: stuck at mission: recovering what was lost

Post by hbbe793 » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 11:43

ohh now i found it. i just need to be very close to it and not doing anything at all !!! should be in the mission guide ...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 13:04

You should be using your ship or your suit (if prompted to use it) in scan mode (Shift + 2) and not fixing it with the repair laser. There are quite different missions for signal leak scanning and dataleak repairing.

You do have to get quite close though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Zedbrah
x4

Post by Zedbrah » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 04:57

I made the same mistake and repaired the leak without really thinking. Now the signal is gone and it's not reappearing. Is there a way to get it to show up again?

Edit: If anyone else has this same issue, I left the system and returned; that made a new signal appear.
Last edited by Zedbrah on Thu, 28. Jul 22, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

khadgarion
x3ap

Post by khadgarion » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 09:04

Zedbrah wrote:
Tue, 12. Jul 22, 04:57
I made the same mistake and repaired the leak without really thinking. Now the signal is gone and it's not reappearing. Is there a way to get it to show up again?
I did the same thing as you, did you ever figure out how to make it appear again?

Edit: After some searching while alt+tabbed out and posting this, I tabbed back into X4 and a new signal source popped up and I was able to scan it :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”