Doubt about PAR storyline end choices

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GReaper
x4

Doubt about PAR storyline end choices

Post by GReaper » Wed, 30. Jun 21, 17:18

Hey everyone!

I'm currently doing the PAR storyline. I choose the path to awaken the Duke again (not to unify the PAR). I already delivered the fleet for the Duke and built his HQ. Now I'm at one point where I'm presented two options:

- On the one hand, Boso Ta asks me to deliver some items to investigate (and do strange things) with the paranid cocoons

- On the other hand, Gride asks me for lots of material for the new Duke's flagship

Here are my questions: :gruebel:

a) Does someone know if those options are exclusive (I can only finish one of them) or whether I'm required to complete both?

b) Does someone know what happens once every option is completed?

Thank you very much for your time and help! :)

strask412
x4

Re: Doubt about PAR storyline end choices

Post by strask412 » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 07:30

I have not been to where you are, however many of the plots have parallel missions like that where you may choose to complete one, all, none, or any combination of them. I have only seen one instance where an option was closed off (In the Yaki/TER plot where destroying the amplifier station removes the quest that depended on it functioning) but that was only if the player did it in the "wrong" (from a completionist point of view) order. Indeed in one playthrough I activated the amplifier station setting the xenon on the road to greener pastures, while then proceeding to destroy the amplifier station for the third quest completion (although haile wasn't around to assist...).

The point is, you can probably do both if you want to do both. Read the briefings carefully and if it seems like they don't interact, they likely don't interact.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

GReaper
x4

Post by GReaper » Thu, 1. Jul 21, 20:45

Thank you for your help!

Today I went ahead with the plot. I could complete both of the paths (Boso Ta first, Gride second) and it ended the paranid plot with a wonderful battle between Duke's Tempest and PAR :)

FlashXAron
x4

Post by FlashXAron » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 14:57

I think possible paths also depend, who are surviving the battles !
You could kill them all, before anything happens ...

In my path that Dukes faction was dead after the battle at that freezing chamber (puzzle with that switches)

and it wasn't over .. you have to do a lot more steps and built a new TEMPLE ?
which was a pain in the a... :-)

There is a new battle and after the battle, when that new faction was founded TIR (???) or so
, Boso Tar wants 1 000 000 000 more, after that 500 000 000 for the temple blueprint ...

so seems we have a total different outcome ?

Still not finished as I lack that money atm, haven't grinded money in my game and playing an unmodded game

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 19. Aug 21, 04:17

There are only two outcomes overall...

You either unite the Paranid into TRI, and the Duke's Tempest faction never becomes an actual faction.
Or you keep the PAR split like they currently are, and a new faction Duke's Tempest, comes into being.

I've done both sides of this quest...

If you unite the PAR, they become TRI... probably the most powerful faction in the game once they unite. I'd say they could, if they wanted to, even smash the Terrans, who are stupid OP...if they wanted to. But, they are also totally at peace once you unite them. You do need to build a new temple for the united faction, and once you do there will be a big battle, and then that is pretty much the end of the chain. The big battle is the remnants of dukes tempest waging one last losing offensive in hopes of seeing their dreams come to fruition, but they'll lose eventually... unless you build a really bad temple. There will be skirmishing up until the temple... but that big battle will end the chain pretty much. If you build the temple, build it pretty beefy, and it will do most of the work and the PAR/HOP will unite into TRI. Now, you can then later choose to set them to war with a new mission chain.... and the options for that depend on their neighbors. You can set them at war with any single faction of your choice, WHO THEY SHARE A BORDER WITH... or set them at war with ALL factions they share a border with. There is no picking some but not others... you either pick 1 faction for them to fight, or every faction they border to fight. You can't pick just 2 choices if they have 4 neighbors. You also lose any war missions they offered.... so no more PAR v HOP, HOP v PAR, HOP v ARG.... and since they offer no missions, options for crew training seminars, reward ships, cash, mod parts... all that goes away. Even if you set them back to war with another faction, they never offer missions again... which really sucks. Also, if you don't set them to war... they don't really lose many ships except to kill Xenon if they haven't taken over those sectors already. That is a very large chunk of the map that just decided it doesn't really need to do business much anymore because they lose so few ships. Slows down the overall game economy a lot... because the economy is driven by shipbuilding. Downsides of war... they'll roll over all their neighbors. ARG/ANT are already dealing with both TER and ZYA... and if you side in favor of ZYA in their own storyline, they become a pretty tough opponent for ARG, and cause a lot of havoc. ARG/ANT really have like the worst of it in this game when it comes to possible powerful enemies. TRI will also easily roll over TEL.... so setting TRI to war with their own neighbors is good for little while for business until TRI starts wrecking everything... which in turn costs you opportunities to do business. You can sell some ships, but all the stations that can get destroyed... not the best for business.

If you do not unite the PAR, they'll stay as PAR and HoP, and keep offering their war missions... not much changes. But the Nopileos' Fortune system becomes the Duke's Awakening system... and that faction will inherit NF 4... and you'll build them a shipyard. I overbuilt the shipyard to be a friggin fortress... but little did I know, they have a lot of ships... and they do some decent work. They'll also build a crap ton of their own factories over time in that same sector. The new faction will harass both PAR and HOP., stations and ships.. so business is good! They don't offer new war missions, nor are any war missions offered against them, that I saw. If your desire in the game is become a mega rich war tycoon... keeping the PAR from uniting is the best option, as it adds another shipyard for the new faction, and a slew of new stations, and a ton of opportunities to sell ships/station building wares/wares in general... since you've added a new, decently powerful, angry, war-like faction to the game. There are no additional chain missions after this one is completed.... you didn't unite the HoP/PAR... a new faction is formed... money to be made!

Personally, and forever more... I'll never unite the TRI again. They just become too passive, and the only people you can reliably set them to war with, they'll roll over. I did this mission when TER owned Atiya's Misfortune, and TRI was their neighbor. I set TRI to war with the Terrans... and they kicked them out of Atiya's... but then did nothing else... didn't actually try to push into TER space at all. Which saddened me deeply... so yeah, I'll never unite the Paranid again. Too little gain... i guess unless maybe you're playing as TER or PIO, and want them to wipe out the other commonwealth races. I just also never play as a TER... i despise that faction. Like seriously dislike them... i destroy them, or cripple them, in every single playthrough... f... the terrans.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 06:59

Start Terran war against ARG and Unify TRI against all.

Second contact becomes the best war zone I have ever seen in X4.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 30. Aug 21, 13:19

Not essential to complete the plots. Can have some interesting things happen if you stop partway through. In my current game I did most of the Paranid Unification plot, but stopped just short of the final step. End result is that the Paranid civil war is officially over (though both sides still offer missions), but the HOP v ANT/ARG war is still on & much more acive than it once was, since HOP can divert forces no longer needed for the civil war.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”