Request - info on what adding a trade partner actually does

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Request - info on what adding a trade partner actually does

Post by grapedog » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 04:12

So, if you're EMP bombing a station, and you already have the BP, and you already have a trade subscription, you can also get added a "Trade partner"....

I assume that getting a trade partner added means it adds a random station you had not yet discovered to your map, but I was hoping if someone had some spare time, and the inclination, they could look into the game code and see if they can figure out more exact details. Just playing around with it, I went to a station I already knew about, and blew about 7 EMP bombs and found and scanned most of the leaks, which added probably 7-10 trade partners. This is an old game, with almost no fog of war, and tons of ships sailing around all over the place. It's incredibly hard to tell if I now have 7-10 stations added that I didn't know about...

Or perhaps it means it added a random trade subscription to your empire...

I've no idea, and I'm hoping someone can sleuth out more exact information. I'm not a huge fan of assuming how mechanics in this game work, and I'm not a code guy either unfortunately.

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Request - info on what adding a trade partner actually does

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 16:47

grapedog wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 04:12
So, if you're EMP bombing a station, and you already have the BP, and you already have a trade subscription, you can also get added a "Trade partner"....

I assume that getting a trade partner added means it adds a random station you had not yet discovered to your map, but I was hoping if someone had some spare time, and the inclination, they could look into the game code and see if they can figure out more exact details. Just playing around with it, I went to a station I already knew about, and blew about 7 EMP bombs and found and scanned most of the leaks, which added probably 7-10 trade partners. This is an old game, with almost no fog of war, and tons of ships sailing around all over the place. It's incredibly hard to tell if I now have 7-10 stations added that I didn't know about...

Or perhaps it means it added a random trade subscription to your empire...

I've no idea, and I'm hoping someone can sleuth out more exact information. I'm not a huge fan of assuming how mechanics in this game work, and I'm not a code guy either unfortunately.
I just noticed this aswell and was wondering what the 'trade partner' is. Does anyone know?
Credence follow stars.

Lord Dakier
x4

Re: Request - info on what adding a trade partner actually does

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 23:21

Is it not what is referenced for the discount on wares at that station? Similar to how you get discounts for your rank?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”