Spoiler request: Declaration of Curbs (Deliver Fleet)

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strask412
x4

Spoiler request: Declaration of Curbs (Deliver Fleet)

Post by strask412 » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 02:45

I'm nearing readiness to deliver the fleet to the curbs and just curious if the FRF/ZYA war begins immediately upon that fleet delivery or if there are more steps. If there are more steps, and I want to hold off at the last possible moment without beginning the war, which step is the trigger? Thanks!
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

grapedog
x4

Re: Spoiler request: Declaration of Curbs (Deliver Fleet)

Post by grapedog » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 11:58

strask412 wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 02:45
I'm nearing readiness to deliver the fleet to the curbs and just curious if the FRF/ZYA war begins immediately upon that fleet delivery or if there are more steps. If there are more steps, and I want to hold off at the last possible moment without beginning the war, which step is the trigger? Thanks!
So, spoilers obviously...

FRF and ZYA don't really go to war... if you side with ZYA, you side against the Curbs, and go to war with them... and depending on how long your game has been going on, all the Curb ships and stations will go red to you, and you'll be at war with them, but remain largely unchanged with FRF. In one ZYA gamestart, I lost a ton of ships in that first hour after that mission. There were a good 50+ Curb stations around the map, plus Rattlesnakes and all sorts of nasty ships... and I had a significant amount of ships and stations in those FRF sectors as I more into fighting off the Xenon than fighting off the Curbs.. and I didn't know that many ships and stations would go red.

If you side WITH the Curbs, then ZYA will be broken up and replaced with RHA... and FRF/CUB will gain some of their sectors. Curbs and RHA will fight pretty constantly, but FRF kind of still does their own thing. Siding with the Curbs makes them a 3rd SPL faction essentially... RHA, CUB, and FRF become the 3 SPL factions with RHA and CUB at open war and constantly fighting. You'll lose war missions for ARG versus ZYA, as ZYA are no longer a thing that exists... but RHA will still offer war missions against the Argon.

Delivery of the Fleet, or its sabotage is essentially the last big mission. There might be a few small missions after, but that fleet delivery is the big final step, because you're either backstabbing the Curbs and siding with ZYA, or supporting the Curbs in their rise up.

As a side note, with Curbs and FRF more powerful, FAF will also gain power and there will be more FAF pirate ships running around pirating. FAF pirates like Rattlesnakes and Dragon Raiders are produced only at FRF shipyards and wharfs, and after breaking up the ZYA, FRF will gain more ship building capabilities.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 21:53

Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding about the upcoming split civil war. :)

As a test last night before you posted this I proceeded with the deliver fleet and and the steps were like this:

1) Deliver fleet -- triggers a request for caviar.
2) Deliver caviar -- triggers a big fight between CUB/ZYA in the boneyard.
3) Give like 400 MILLION credits -- presumably triggers what you wrote above. :) I only had less than 300m on hand so didn't test.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 22:24

strask412 wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 21:53
Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding about the upcoming split civil war. :)

As a test last night before you posted this I proceeded with the deliver fleet and and the steps were like this:

1) Deliver fleet -- triggers a request for caviar.
2) Deliver caviar -- triggers a big fight between CUB/ZYA in the boneyard.
3) Give like 400 MILLION credits -- presumably triggers what you wrote above. :) I only had less than 300m on hand so didn't test.
Its been a hot minute since i did that quest. If you side with ZYA, the fleet you deliver is rigged with explosives, and decieving the CUB like that triggers the war immediately. I forgot about the caviar and cash payment on the other side.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 23:25

grapedog wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 22:24
Its been a hot minute since i did that quest. If you side with ZYA, the fleet you deliver is rigged with explosives, and decieving the CUB like that triggers the war immediately. I forgot about the caviar and cash payment on the other side.
No worries, it would be quite forgettable if one had the funds. :) I tend to run on the low side, bank balance wise.
- Delilah Shiratori

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 23:35

grapedog wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 11:58

If you side WITH the Curbs, then ZYA will be broken up and replaced with RHA
So my hard-won ZYA rep will be ruined, probably, right? Or does it transfer to RHA?

I noticed CUB began at zero rep but that might go up if I give them the 400m. :) One would hope.
- Delilah Shiratori

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 23:46

strask412 wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 23:35
grapedog wrote:

So my hard-won ZYA rep will be ruined, probably, right? Or does it transfer to RHA?

I noticed CUB began at zero rep but that might go up if I give them the 400m. :) One would hope.
I believe you keep your ZYA rep when it switches to RHA... CUB, i don't remember... im pretty sure you get a good rep with them once it's done since you just sided with them. But it's been a while, lol.

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 03:54

grapedog wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 23:46
strask412 wrote:
grapedog wrote:

I believe you keep your ZYA rep when it switches to RHA... CUB, i don't remember... im pretty sure you get a good rep with them once it's done since you just sided with them. But it's been a while, lol.
Ah, that's good to hear. I am reconsidering the whole affair, though, as I'm not really seeing how it's going to help my eventual war with the terrans. I've reached an indecisive state. Heh.
- Delilah Shiratori

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 04:06

strask412 wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 03:54
grapedog wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 23:46
strask412 wrote:

Ah, that's good to hear. I am reconsidering the whole affair, though, as I'm not really seeing how it's going to help my eventual war with the terrans. I've reached an indecisive state. Heh.
Well, siding against ZYA means they are greatly reduced in strength. If you side with ZYA they become more strong, and they'll eventually start to push into ARG/ANT space. If the goal is to have yourself, ARG, and ANT at war with Terrans, you don't want ARG also worrying about ZYA. RHA still technically is at war with ARG but they spend most of their time fighting the CUB and never really do much against ARG/ANT, that I have seen. So indirectly, siding against ZYA helps ARG...

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 04:19

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 27. Jun 21, 04:06
Well, siding against ZYA means they are greatly reduced in strength. If you side with ZYA they become more strong, and they'll eventually start to push into ARG/ANT space. If the goal is to have yourself, ARG, and ANT at war with Terrans, you don't want ARG also worrying about ZYA. RHA still technically is at war with ARG but they spend most of their time fighting the CUB and never really do much against ARG/ANT, that I have seen. So indirectly, siding against ZYA helps ARG...
Fair and true, fair and true.
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”