List of ship-paints and how to get them ?.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: List of ship-paints and how to get them ?.

Post by Axeface » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 20:14

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 11:41
I don't think it is a matter of monetisation. Lots of cool paintjobs existed (and were locked) in the Ventures. So far they have not appeared in the 4.10 Beta so I suppose they are still (and probably will stay forever) behind Ventures
There are indeed a fair amount accessed through ventures, but the sheer amount of ones with still no way to access except through mods years after release is my main reason for assuming monetisation is on the way. They will always be accessible through mods (unless egosoft does something about it, which I doubt) but enough people will care about ventures for it to still be profitable.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 21:41

Seriously, what the f**k Egosoft.
Completing long and annoying guild missions or play online Ventures for simple Paintmods.
What is the reasoning for this limitation?
You can field fleets of deadly warships and build massive heavily armed stations, that no civilian ever should have permissions to build. Even with good rep, it inherently makes no sense, since you're not part of the factions military, but you can not take a spray painter or brush to paint your ship? Laquer>High-tech weapons? Don't tell me the knowledge got lost during the jumpgate shutdown?
Them being one-time-use only makes sense, because you can't just rip off the paint from a ship and put it on another one, but not being able to purchase them at all is very immersion breaking. Spacefaring civilizations and nobody got the idea to open a ship-painting business? If you have to restrict them, because some paint-mods are used by the factions military ships, how about making the player having to pay or earn licenses use them. And all other paintmods you pay a fee for the labor and materials, if you do not craft them at your own wharf.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 19:49

Hey guys, I don't want to stop the conversation here but I believe the topic was created to list and get those paintjobs.
The discussion about how to change that in the future should probably be separated in a feedback thread.

Edit:
I found this page viewtopic.php?f=146&t=444882&sid=7fd022 ... 6233000e06
Last edited by gorman2040 on Fri, 11. Feb 22, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Super Knuckles
x4

Post by Super Knuckles » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 18:40

gorman2040 wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:36
Thanks everyone who contributed to this.
Someone made a nice wiki page listing all the paintjobs.
I added keywords for easier finding (painjobs, skins) and started documenting how to get them and a preview of the paintjob.
I will continue adding to it later but feel free to add as well.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... /Paintmods

I can also add: You get 10 "Trinity Device" paintjobs for finishing the Paranid unification. Also available as default ship skin after reaching +27 reputation.
You get 10 "Privy Court" paintjobs for Siding with CUB during the Split story. This is the paintjob used on the "Ravenous Wraith" Raptor. I haven't reached +27 yet with them so unable to confirm if it is available as default ship skin afterwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if paintjobs come back as rewards in the upcoming version of ventures.

Cheers.
Wow! Thanks a lot for updating info and most importantly - for screenshots! For me as a visual person, that's so much pleasure for my eyes! :roll:
I've added some of the paintmods I had made screenshots for during my gameplay (I've always been a paintmod nerd :mrgreen:)... they are a bit misaligned as compared to the Behemoths but I guess it's still better than nothing.
I will update as soon as I have new screenshots.
Cargobay now contains... Xenon L

Reddit: indie_youth

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 23:40

Super Knuckles wrote:
Fri, 11. Feb 22, 18:40
Wow! Thanks a lot for updating info and most importantly - for screenshots! For me as a visual person, that's so much pleasure for my eyes! :roll:
I've added some of the paintmods I had made screenshots for during my gameplay (I've always been a paintmod nerd :mrgreen:)... they are a bit misaligned as compared to the Behemoths but I guess it's still better than nothing.
I will update as soon as I have new screenshots.
Thanks for contributing as well, your screenshots are great. It will never be perfect as depending on the ship and the type of light, paintmods can vary widely.
I've noticed my method shows paintmods as a bit washed out sometimes.

Edit:
Added more screenshots and the method to add paintjob to your save.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”