List of ship-paints and how to get them ?.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

List of ship-paints and how to get them ?.

Post by Dreez » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:08

I've been googling and searching this site and i still can't find any good information on which missions/plots
rewards paintjobs for ships. And especially now that the online-feature is disabled until next update,
i would really like to know which plots gives me stuff to make my ships look better.

Especially those paintjobs that you can use multiple times to create your own colorful armada.

/Edit - Thanks to Gorman2040.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... /Paintmods Wiki link to paintjobs.
Last edited by Dreez on Thu, 16. Sep 21, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: List of ship-paints and how to get them ?.

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 21:32

Dreez wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:08
Especially those paintjobs that you can use multiple times to create your own colorful armada.
AFAIK there are none of those. Save from the few paint jobs you can choose from your empire options, every other paint job is an item that is consumed when applied to the ship.
There used to be a way to duplicate paint mods at wharfs or shipyards: If you dock multiple ships at once, you can replicate a paint mod from one docked ships to another at the wharf/shipyard's modding bench. I don't know if this is still working, though.

As for your first question, I don't know if such list exist, but from personal observation every faction should have at least 1 paint job as mission reward. I think there are 2 per faction, in fact, but I haven't opened the game in a little while due to real-live circumstances so I wouldn't bet my hand on that.

It shouldn't be long to list up, though. Feel free to start one, and we'll contribute where we can.

I too miss my venture paint mods. :cry: I really wish they would make them easier to acquire, as they really spice up the visuals of the game. For me, this is one of the big factors that will eventually push me to mod my game if nothing is done about it.
I'd like ES to either:
-Make paint mods re-usable. Say as a blueprint instead of an item. Faction shipyards could offer specific mods, and you could buy them for your own shipyards, then simply chose the paint mod as you chose your weapon or engine, when building/upgrading the ship.
-add a paint shop dealer
-offer MULTIPLE counts of paint mods as mission rewards. 1x is not enough. 10x... we're getting on to something for mid-game. You won't make carrier fleets with that, though.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 09:36

Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 21:32
I think there are 2 per faction
Something like that. The Guild missions offer often, but IME the 4.0 did increase the frequency and variety notably.

Have not seen exceptional paint from missions.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 19:59

Since 4.0HF3 these are as follows:
ARG "Forty Two" -- from "Argon vs. Xenon" guild missions
ARG "Snakebite" -- from "Argon vs. Holy Order" guild missions
ARG "Federation Pennon" -- general faction paintjob, available from both ARG guilds.

ANT "The Vindicator" -- from ANT trade guild, obviously
ANT "Republic Standard" -- general faction paintjob, also available from ANT trade guild

HOP "Order Wrath" -- general faction paintjob
HOP "Digital Templar" -- from "Holy Order vs. Argon" / "Holy Order vs. Paranid"
HOP "Path to Glory" -- THE exceptional paintjob from HOP guilds

PAR "Leap of Faith" -- available from "Glorious Bla-bla-bla vs. Heretical Something" guild
PAR "Godrealm Pride" -- general faction paintjob, also from the PAR guild

TEL "The Opportunity" -- obtained from TEL trade guild (this one is good, IMO)
TEL "Company Skin" -- general faction paintjob from TEL trade guild

SCA "The Scream" -- just liquidate someone for our beloved faction and this is yours (was better previously, but EgoSoft has added some layers recently and spoiled this paintjob, IMO)

TER "Solset" -- faction paintjob of TER, from their crusade against the Xenon (good luck with that, considering half of their missions are broken and the Xenon are on the brink of extinction now)
TER "Alautun" -- also from the TER vs. Xenon

PIO "Bubble Up" -- from PIO trade guild, easily farmable from their "resource survey" and "stumbling blocks" missions
PIO "Utopia" -- faction paintjob, also from the PIO trade guild (unlike "Solset", this one can be easily obtained in large quantities)

YAK "Violaceous" -- Yaki faction paintjob. You will get ten of these after the Yaki plot (at least if you spare the Yaki), but that's it :( Yaki do not have their guild and their faction logic is broken

??? "Checkmate" -- a reward for the TER "Covert Operations" plot (at least I've got this after initiating the "TER vs ARG+ANT war"). Only ten of these; I do not know other sources.

??? "Disposal Unit 3" -- previously, a PAR reward, now only gifted Magnetars and Chthonioses come painted this. It is not good though, so no big loss
??? "Origin Unknown" -- mission unowned and pre-positioned "free" ships come with this

===
Obviously, faction-custom paintjobs are unavailable (SCA "Matrix Annihilation", "Ianamus Ztealth", TER "Solset Dapple", "Solset Canopy", PIO "Azureous Utopia", "Cerulian Utopia", YAK "Violaceou Cybershroud" and so on). But one can "borrow" faction ships.

P.S. I play without "Split Vendetta" currently, so do not know current state of split paintjobs (FAF "Evasive Action" and so on). Also, did not do the Paranid plot, so do not know whether the HOP/PAR paintjobs will be available after the TRI emergence, or will be replaced with something different.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 00:05

There are additional paint jobs as final mission rewards. Like siding with the Duke for example will give you 5 of a unique Duke paint job.

Super Knuckles
x4

Post by Super Knuckles » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 01:57

I am soooo glad this topic emerged as I am so much into colouring my ships and collecting otherwise unobtainable paint mods via capturing.
This is what I mean.

Thanks a lot Alm888 for summarising this!
I will update your list with Split paintjobs in green and additional ones which one doesn't get through missions but still can capture ships with the paintjobs in question in blue.

As grapedog mentioned, uniting Paranid will remove many war missions and the same goes for siding with the CUB.
If someone has to add anything to the list (like that Duke paintjob grapedog mentioned), I would really appreciate it, especially with screenshots! :roll:

I am also wondering if XEN and KHA have their own "default" paintjobs - maybe someone who plays since 1.0 and was lucky enough to capture XEN can tell...
I am also curious what paintjob the Raptor "Ravenous Wright" in Heart of Acrimony I - The Boneyard has... My guess that it is one of the CUB paints, although the ship belongs to FRF (I haven't finished the Split plot yet so I might be missing something).
Alm888 wrote:
Sun, 20. Jun 21, 19:59
Since 4.0HF3 these are as follows:
ARG "Forty Two" -- from "Argon vs. Xenon" guild missions
ARG "Snakebite" -- from "Argon vs. Holy Order" guild missions
ARG "Federation Pennon" -- general faction paintjob, available from both ARG guilds.
ARG "Federation Camo 1”
ARG “Federation Camo 2”
ARG “Federation Camo 3”

ANT "The Vindicator" -- from ANT trade guild, obviously
ANT "Republic Standard" -- general faction paintjob, also available from ANT trade guild
ANT “Republic Camo 1”
ANT “Republic Camo 2”
ANT “Republic Camo 3”

HAT “Hatikvah Banner” – regular faction paintjob albeit the faction gives no missions so no way to obtain it for other ships
HAT “Cracked Surface” – very like Crystal Thief
HAT “Act of Distraction” – angular like camo 1

HOP "Order Wrath" -- general faction paintjob
HOP "Digital Templar" -- from "Holy Order vs. Argon" / "Holy Order vs. Paranid" - AFAIK you get this one from Holy Order vs Paranid
HOP "Path to Glory" -- THE exceptional paintjob from HOP guilds - AFAIK you get this one from Holy Order vs Argon
HOP “Holy Order Camo 1”
HOP “Holy Order Camo 2”
HOP “Holy Order Camo 3”

PAR "Leap of Faith" -- available from "Glorious Bla-bla-bla vs. Heretical Something" guild
PAR "Godrealm Pride" -- general faction paintjob, also from the PAR guild
PAR “Godrealm Camo 1”
PAR “Godrealm Camo 2”
PAR “Godrealm Camo 3”

TEL "The Opportunity" -- obtained from TEL trade guild (this one is good, IMO)
TEL "Company Skin" -- general faction paintjob from TEL trade guild
TEL “Company Camo 1”
TEL “Company Camo 2”
TEL “Company Camo 3”

MIN “Ministry Buck” – regular faction paintjob albeit the faction gives no missions so no way to obtain it for other ships
MIN “Ministry Camo 1”
MIN “Ministry Camo 2”
MIN “Ministry Camo 3”

SCA "The Scream" -- just liquidate someone for our beloved faction and this is yours (was better previously, but EgoSoft has added some layers recently and spoiled this paintjob, IMO)
SCA "Scale Plate Greenback" - standard SCA paint
SCA “Scale Plate Camo 1”
SCA “Scale Plate Camo 2”
SCA “Scale Plate Camo 3”
SCA “Ianamus Ztealth”

TER "Solset" -- faction paintjob of TER, from their crusade against the Xenon (good luck with that, considering half of their missions are broken and the Xenon are on the brink of extinction now)
TER "Alautun" -- also from the TER vs. Xenon
TER “Solset Canopy” – dotted camo
TER “Solset Dapple” – angular camo

PIO "Bubble Up" -- from PIO trade guild, easily farmable from their "resource survey" and "stumbling blocks" missions
PIO "Utopia" -- faction paintjob, also from the PIO trade guild (unlike "Solset", this one can be easily obtained in large quantities)
PIO “Cerulian Utopia” – dotted camo
PIO “Azureous Utopia” – angular camo

YAK "Violaceous" -- Yaki faction paintjob. You will get ten of these after the Yaki plot (at least if you spare the Yaki), but that's it :( Yaki do not have their guild and their faction logic is broken
YAK “Violaceous Xenomask” – dotted camo
YAK “Violaceous Cybershroud” – angular camo

ZYA “Family Standard” – from Split vs Argon guild missions
ZYA “Crystal Thief” – from Split vs Argon guild missions

ZYA “Family Veil” – pixel pattern like camo 3
ZYA “Family Shadow” – angular like camo 1

FRF “Free Spirit” – regular faction paintjob albeit the faction gives no missions
FRF “Evasive Action” – angular like camo 1
FRF “Covert Operations” – pixel pattern like camo 3

??? "Checkmate" -- a reward for the TER "Covert Operations" plot (at least I've got this after initiating the "TER vs ARG+ANT war"). Only ten of these; I do not know other sources.

??? "Disposal Unit 3" -- previously, a PAR reward, now only gifted Magnetars and Chthonioses come painted this. It is not good though, so no big loss
??? "Origin Unknown" -- mission unowned and pre-positioned "free" ships come with this

===
Obviously, faction-custom paintjobs are unavailable (SCA "Matrix Annihilation", "Ianamus Ztealth", TER "Solset Dapple", "Solset Canopy", PIO "Azureous Utopia", "Cerulian Utopia", YAK "Violaceou Cybershroud" and so on). But one can "borrow" faction ships.

P.S. I play without "Split Vendetta" currently, so do not know current state of split paintjobs (FAF "Evasive Action" and so on). Also, did not do the Paranid plot, so do not know whether the HOP/PAR paintjobs will be available after the TRI emergence, or will be replaced with something different.
Cargobay now contains... Xenon L

Reddit: indie_youth

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 05:36

Super Knuckles wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 01:57
I will update your list with Split paintjobs in green and additional ones which one doesn't get through missions but still can capture ships with the paintjobs in question in blue.
Nice job coloring and adding camo variants.

Now we need an image gallery demonstrating these. ;)

An update: SCA "Matrix Annihilation" -- another unique SCA paintjob (not based on a camo overlay) with a wave-like pattern.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 16:15

Super huge thanks to the both of you for this list.
I'm also trying to start a paint collection.
Super Knuckles wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 01:57
I am soooo glad this topic emerged as I am so much into colouring my ships and collecting otherwise unobtainable paint mods via capturing.
This is what I mean.
I've just realized ES patched the ability to duplicate paints from one ship to another at a shipyard. That's a pretty huge disappointment for me.
Do you know of any other ways to transfer paints?

I mean, I've said this before and I'll say it again: The paint mods in this game are like a super nice gravy on a steak but only the waiters can get the gravy. You can't order it.
Seriously, ES, make them easier to access and apply to our ships. Right now, it's just frustrating.

I know there's a mod that adds access to all the paints, and I've used it on a previous run. But right now I'm waiting to see what the new venture system will bring, and I don't want the "modified" tag on this playthrough just yet.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 17:06

All faction paintjobs, such as 'Ministry Buck' (MIN) or 'Court Order' (CUB) or 'Company Skin' (TEL) or 'Hatikvah Banner' (HAT) are now unlocked as default empire paintjobs if you gain 27 rep with a faction.
Its worth getting 27 rep before you make a faction disappear, fyi :)
Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 16:15
I mean, I've said this before and I'll say it again: The paint mods in this game are like a super nice gravy on a steak but only the waiters can get the gravy. You can't order it.
Seriously, ES, make them easier to access and apply to our ships. Right now, it's just frustrating.
I hate to say it but I think we dont have access to so many of the games paintjobs (theres loads of great ones I never knew existed) because they are going to be monetised. Thats just my gut feeling about this and egosoft credits have been in the menu since day 1. There are just so many of them with no way to access. Its fine and all if thats the case, egosoft have to make money and cosmetics is the way these days, just a bit annoying because the basic functionality is so limiting - like getting 1 paintmod from a mission, or getting only 10 for completing a whole plot.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 17:38

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 17:06
All faction paintjobs, such as 'Ministry Buck' (MIN) or 'Court Order' (CUB) or 'Company Skin' (TEL) or 'Hatikvah Banner' (HAT) are now unlocked as default empire paintjobs if you gain 27 rep with a faction.
:) Thanks for the info. I hope this also gives us the ability to apply them directly to single ships, and not just "empire wide change".

I have no idea what to expect of these egosoft credits. I've read a few things, but so far it's mostly player speculation. I have a few of my own, but they're just that: speculations.

I don't think paintjobs will end up behind a pay wall, though. I mean: there are already mods out there that gives access to all of them, even the exclusive ones. Many players are already playing with a pretty impressive mod list, and I use to do so myself with XR. This alone pretty much defeats the purpose of having paints behind a paywall. :wink:

That being said, I'm very eager for when they'll bring back the venture system. I want my paints. :D

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 18:08

Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 17:38
:) Thanks for the info. I hope this also gives us the ability to apply them directly to single ships, and not just "empire wide change".
You can go to a ships redesign menu once youve applied a specific paintjob (including the empire ones) and theres a checkbox to make that one 'stick' for that ship.So you can indeed use the empire paints for specific ships.
Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 17:38
I don't think paintjobs will end up behind a pay wall, though. I mean: there are already mods out there that gives access to all of them, even the exclusive ones. Many players are already playing with a pretty impressive mod list, and I use to do so myself with XR. This alone pretty much defeats the purpose of having paints behind a paywall. :wink:
You may be right but I do think they will tbh, for a lot of players the value will be from having the paintmods unlocked in unmodified games. I think a lot of other games do things like that.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:36

Thanks everyone who contributed to this.
Someone made a nice wiki page listing all the paintjobs.
I added keywords for easier finding (painjobs, skins) and started documenting how to get them and a preview of the paintjob.
I will continue adding to it later but feel free to add as well.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... /Paintmods

I can also add: You get 10 "Trinity Device" paintjobs for finishing the Paranid unification. Also available as default ship skin after reaching +27 reputation.
You get 10 "Privy Court" paintjobs for Siding with CUB during the Split story. This is the paintjob used on the "Ravenous Wraith" Raptor. I haven't reached +27 yet with them so unable to confirm if it is available as default ship skin afterwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if paintjobs come back as rewards in the upcoming version of ventures.

Cheers.
Last edited by gorman2040 on Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:37

Dreez wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:08
I've been googling and searching this site and i still can't find any good information on which missions/plots
rewards paintjobs for ships. And especially now that the online-feature is disabled until next update,
i would really like to know which plots gives me stuff to make my ships look better.

Would you be OK adding the link to the wiki so it's easy to spot upon opening the thread ?

Thanks.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 11:41

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 17:06
Ezarkal wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 16:15
I hate to say it but I think we dont have access to so many of the games paintjobs (theres loads of great ones I never knew existed) because they are going to be monetised. Thats just my gut feeling about this and egosoft credits have been in the menu since day 1. There are just so many of them with no way to access. Its fine and all if thats the case, egosoft have to make money and cosmetics is the way these days, just a bit annoying because the basic functionality is so limiting - like getting 1 paintmod from a mission, or getting only 10 for completing a whole plot.
I don't think it is a matter of monetisation. Lots of cool paintjobs existed (and were locked) in the Ventures. So far they have not appeared in the 4.10 Beta so I suppose they are still (and probably will stay forever) behind Ventures and that is a great more moral problem than monetising them, because it "sends" the players the "Venture way", alienating them with the scripting community which take a blow...

Thank G.O.D. you have made some excellent paintjobs yourself, along with some other people, and there is a mod that will "unlock" all Egosoft paintjobs to be used as default "colours", which means that it is not possible to apply them to specific ships, other than finding the corresponding number of the paintjob and editing the save file...

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 18:36

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 11:41
Thank G.O.D. you have made some excellent paintjobs yourself, along with some other people, and there is a mod that will "unlock" all Egosoft paintjobs to be used as default "colours", which means that it is not possible to apply them to specific ships, other than finding the corresponding number of the paintjob and editing the save file...
There is also a mod that will allow you to buy any paint jobs at traders and apply them to any specific ships you want, including venture paints. I used it on a previous playthrough.
If you don't care about venture and modified tags, accessing paint mods is definitively not an issue.
IIRC, this is the one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1667239691

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 20:14

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 11:41
I don't think it is a matter of monetisation. Lots of cool paintjobs existed (and were locked) in the Ventures. So far they have not appeared in the 4.10 Beta so I suppose they are still (and probably will stay forever) behind Ventures
There are indeed a fair amount accessed through ventures, but the sheer amount of ones with still no way to access except through mods years after release is my main reason for assuming monetisation is on the way. They will always be accessible through mods (unless egosoft does something about it, which I doubt) but enough people will care about ventures for it to still be profitable.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 21:41

Seriously, what the f**k Egosoft.
Completing long and annoying guild missions or play online Ventures for simple Paintmods.
What is the reasoning for this limitation?
You can field fleets of deadly warships and build massive heavily armed stations, that no civilian ever should have permissions to build. Even with good rep, it inherently makes no sense, since you're not part of the factions military, but you can not take a spray painter or brush to paint your ship? Laquer>High-tech weapons? Don't tell me the knowledge got lost during the jumpgate shutdown?
Them being one-time-use only makes sense, because you can't just rip off the paint from a ship and put it on another one, but not being able to purchase them at all is very immersion breaking. Spacefaring civilizations and nobody got the idea to open a ship-painting business? If you have to restrict them, because some paint-mods are used by the factions military ships, how about making the player having to pay or earn licenses use them. And all other paintmods you pay a fee for the labor and materials, if you do not craft them at your own wharf.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 19:49

Hey guys, I don't want to stop the conversation here but I believe the topic was created to list and get those paintjobs.
The discussion about how to change that in the future should probably be separated in a feedback thread.

Edit:
I found this page viewtopic.php?f=146&t=444882&sid=7fd022 ... 6233000e06
Last edited by gorman2040 on Fri, 11. Feb 22, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
"Show me your wares!"

Super Knuckles
x4

Post by Super Knuckles » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 18:40

gorman2040 wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 20:36
Thanks everyone who contributed to this.
Someone made a nice wiki page listing all the paintjobs.
I added keywords for easier finding (painjobs, skins) and started documenting how to get them and a preview of the paintjob.
I will continue adding to it later but feel free to add as well.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... /Paintmods

I can also add: You get 10 "Trinity Device" paintjobs for finishing the Paranid unification. Also available as default ship skin after reaching +27 reputation.
You get 10 "Privy Court" paintjobs for Siding with CUB during the Split story. This is the paintjob used on the "Ravenous Wraith" Raptor. I haven't reached +27 yet with them so unable to confirm if it is available as default ship skin afterwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if paintjobs come back as rewards in the upcoming version of ventures.

Cheers.
Wow! Thanks a lot for updating info and most importantly - for screenshots! For me as a visual person, that's so much pleasure for my eyes! :roll:
I've added some of the paintmods I had made screenshots for during my gameplay (I've always been a paintmod nerd :mrgreen:)... they are a bit misaligned as compared to the Behemoths but I guess it's still better than nothing.
I will update as soon as I have new screenshots.
Cargobay now contains... Xenon L

Reddit: indie_youth

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 23:40

Super Knuckles wrote:
Fri, 11. Feb 22, 18:40
Wow! Thanks a lot for updating info and most importantly - for screenshots! For me as a visual person, that's so much pleasure for my eyes! :roll:
I've added some of the paintmods I had made screenshots for during my gameplay (I've always been a paintmod nerd :mrgreen:)... they are a bit misaligned as compared to the Behemoths but I guess it's still better than nothing.
I will update as soon as I have new screenshots.
Thanks for contributing as well, your screenshots are great. It will never be perfect as depending on the ship and the type of light, paintmods can vary widely.
I've noticed my method shows paintmods as a bit washed out sometimes.

Edit:
Added more screenshots and the method to add paintjob to your save.
"Show me your wares!"

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”