help with High-Mass Teleportation research

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palenaka
x3tc

help with High-Mass Teleportation research

Post by palenaka » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 21:32

I'm working on this research to collect a ridiculous amount of resources.

Focusing on the "Container" type resources...

I have setup the following to collect:
- 3x Large Paranid Storage (3 million m3)
- for each ware, in "Logical Station Overview" i set storage allocation for a little more than required
- I have no production modules at all on my EQ, only storage and docks
- station manager is 5*

I had all resources at minimum requirements except for the Advanced Electronics, which still had a few thousand to go.

I stepped away for a little bit and when I got back ALL of the resources in my inventory had gone down a few thousand so now I'm short on everything.

I don't see anything in transaction logs that would explain it, although there are some vague entries like "trader 001 - Profit from Trade Orders +xxx Cr" like maybe one of the traders sold something? but the logs don't say what was sold

Any ideas how to find out more info or even better, a way to tell the manager NOT to sell certain wares?

thank you for any advice

Eyeklops
x4

Re: help with High-Mass Teleportation research

Post by Eyeklops » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 22:54

Are you sure you removed all the "sell" orders for the wares in question? Pirates can also hack your storage and cause some wares to eject into space. If it won't allow you to remove the sell order the last option is to create a trade rule barring sales to anyone.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:26

I would suspect piracy by SCA or FAF. Those wares are attractive targets for their plundering and your defence forces often won't even see them or catch them doing the deed as they are usually masked as a friendly/neutral faction.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 00:18

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:26
I would suspect piracy by SCA or FAF. Those wares are attractive targets for their plundering and your defence forces often won't even see them or catch them doing the deed as they are usually masked as a friendly/neutral faction.
ah, that's actually kind of cool

those events don't show up in any logs?

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 21:28

I don't think there is a log of it, but it definitely happens. I once saw all my inventory floating scattered around my HQ with a SCA ship nearby.

I've tried various things to reduce the chance of loss, but nothing that is fool proof. II had some ships hang around my station with fire override orders to attack SCA. This didn't work well because every once in awhile the SCA ship was a destoryer and my ship was killed after it attacked. Also, if they have their faction cloak up, they appear as some other faction and the fire orders don't trigger.

I've resigned to the fact you just have to assume you'll need a little more than the bare minimum to account for loss.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:47

Or, if you have the means (which you should by the time you are terraforming), then use the honey-pot trap.

Put some high tech wares on a powerful patrol leader who has instructions to ignore pirate harrassment and is set to patrol the approaches to your HQ. The cloaked pirates see the loot, challenge the patrol leader which ignores them at first, and then attack it. (Use ignore pirate harrassment to let them attack your patrol first or else your patrol can zoom off after fast ships that challenged from a distance and then decided to turn and run.)

By the time they attack they usually will have unmasked (but not always which can be problematic for your rep with the mask faction). On attacking your patrol leader, the rest of the patrol take them on as well. It's not foolproof either but can be useful in most cases. At least you get to know about it.

It's usually worth having one or more (empty) trade ships set up ready and waiting to retrieve any spilled wares should any storage plundering be successful (or pirates be destroyed and spill their loot). Once the pirates are busy with their own drones etc collectring loot, they usually leave such retrieval ships alone.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”