Terran Rampage

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Iroh

Terran Rampage

Post by Iroh » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 11:11

So I just finished the Terran Plot and gave the evidence to the Antigone Republic, resulting in a war between the Terrans and ANT/ARG.

What happened next is very surprising, the Terran Intervention Corps is destroying every ANT station on Getsu Fune, The Void, and Antigone Memorial, without the ANT or ARG to defend it while they have a large fleet standing by at Second Contact.
Two ANT Trading hubs were already destroyed and it is kind of frustrating that they are not doing anything about it immersion-wise.

Is this normal for the AI to ignore the attacks and defend their territories or I am doing something wrong? They are buying ships from my Wharf nonstop, but are not using the ships to defend it, only to ward incoming HOP invasions. If this continue, Terrans will own the left side of the map.

jkflipflop98
x4

Re: Terran Rampage

Post by jkflipflop98 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 20:04

In my game the Terrans almost completely wiped out ANT. They have them down to their last sector - and for some reason the intervention corps stopped attacking their shipyard and pulled out of the area and haven't been back over the last 200 hours. It seems the Terrans are content to leave them hobbled and contained to a small little box.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:52

Well, the TER have zero enemies, zero dangers, a super simple economy, and a very large ship cap.

So anyone they go to war with is in trouble.... except maybe TRI. TRI could probably hold their own.

I started up a war between ANT/ARG and TER... built 2 defense stations, 1 in Getsu, 1 in antigone....then declared war on TER... in the last 10-15 hours ive probably smashed 2 asgards, 15+ tokyos, 10+ syn, at least 40 osaka, and countless other ships.

I was actually quite surprised at the initial fury of the Terrans... they sent a LOT of ships in the first hour.

Ive stolen a tokyo, 3 syns, 10+ osaka from them now, and have them defending their own gates.

If i wasn't there, ANT would have been crushed....

Iroh

Post by Iroh » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 13:26

Thank you for your replies,

I think the one on my game is kind of expected then.

My only disappointment is with the large fleet which they have, ANT could defend their territories better, but they are not doing anything about it.

My goal now is to unite the PAR, then maybe Terrans can be put back to control again. Can I make the TRI wage war against the Terrans?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:13

Iroh wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 13:26
Thank you for your replies,

I think the one on my game is kind of expected then.

My only disappointment is with the large fleet which they have, ANT could defend their territories better, but they are not doing anything about it.

My goal now is to unite the PAR, then maybe Terrans can be put back to control again. Can I make the TRI wage war against the Terrans?
TRI can be set to war against anyone they share a border with. So TER and TRI would need sectors that touch.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sun, 22. Aug 21, 16:18

Unfortunately it is rather customary for the AI to ignore attacks and not defend itself with nearby fleets.

I have suspected for a long time that the "AI" in this regard is very, very simplistic.
Praise Bernd!

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 06:19

Second contact is a good battle field for TER/TRI/ARG, just unify PAR and declare war against all, Second contact will become a ship grinder.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 18:44

flywlyx wrote:
Sun, 29. Aug 21, 06:19
Second contact is a good battle field for TER/TRI/ARG, just unify PAR and declare war against all, Second contact will become a ship grinder.
TRI will roll over second contact in time. There isn't a faction in the game that can stand up to a unified Paranid empire...

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 21:05

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 29. Aug 21, 18:44

TRI will roll over second contact in time. There isn't a faction in the game that can stand up to a unified Paranid empire...
And this is where the player could profit, ssell ships to them, build stations for them, they have infinite money and the player has infinite productivity.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 30. Aug 21, 04:29

flywlyx wrote:
Sun, 29. Aug 21, 21:05
grapedog wrote:
Sun, 29. Aug 21, 18:44

And this is where the player could profit, ssell ships to them, build stations for them, they have infinite money and the player has infinite productivity.
They could profit... but I never unite the paranid now personally. You lose 3 sets of war missions, 3 ways to get paint jobs and mod parts. Plus, if you leave PAR and HoP alone and add TEM, there is a lot more carnage. TEM does a LOT of work against PAR/HoP and buy a lot of ships and station building materials. HoP still sends ships into Second Contact II, and HoP and ANT/ARG still fight over Atiya's Misfortune/Frontier Edge. Plus it keeps ARG/ANT semi able to combat TER and ZYA. I united the Paranid once before, never again. They're better as 3 warring factions if you're trying to make money.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”