Put Paranids on war path

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mistle

Put Paranids on war path

Post by Mistle » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 10:55

Hi
My gameplay style is rather peaceful trader but recently when I built my own empire I realized that maybe it's a bit too quiet.
I have last card to play and could choose to put Paranids on war against all in "Make war not peace" plot .
So my question is what can I expect if I choose against all in this plot ? Only small border war or Paranids will start huge offensive against all ?

BelatedHero
x4

Re: Put Paranids on war path

Post by BelatedHero » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 20:43

Other than "The Paranid will go to war with their neighbor" others can't get more detailed. How well the Paranid (or their opponent for that matter) fights is highly dependent upon your specific universe.

There is nothing special that happens other than their rep with their neighbors is lowered. No special extra ships are spawned or anything as far as I know. So expect them to fight similar to how they fought each other before the peace negotiations (just with more resources since they are together now).

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 09:22

Thank for info.
For now now I'll choose war against all and we will see, of course with save before 8) .

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 15:01

Best of luck! Remember, you always have the normal war manipulation tactics available to you if the war is not going as you like while staying neutral.

If you want to slow down the war effort of one side you can hack the production on their shipyards and warfs. Park your ships in their fabrication bays to stop new ships building. Buy up their rarest components and sell the goods to their enemy so the faction has a supply shortage. Or even kill the an occasional stray miner for a small rep hit.

To help a side you can sell goods to the shipyard/warf, open your own shipyard/warf and sell ships to just that faction, or do station building missions for them and add modules that aren't requested but the factions needs (for instance if the faction lacks weapon components you can add a weapon component module to the defense station the mission is asking for).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”