Atiya's Misfortune terraforming impossible??!

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

waynetarlton
x4

Atiya's Misfortune terraforming impossible??!

Post by waynetarlton » Fri, 21. May 21, 03:29

Well, it is nigh impossible. Been doing this for a few days and having completed 20% of the first major task, it now reads at only about 10% completed! It goes backwards, not surprisingly it actually is impossible if this happens. Is this a bug?

waynetarlton
x4

Re: Atiya's Misfortune terraforming impossible??!

Post by waynetarlton » Fri, 21. May 21, 07:18

... and now I've gone from 3100 drones in build queue to 3800 drones . How is this even possible?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 22. May 21, 13:19

so the quake can possibly reset part of the progress you make if you take longer than a quake cycle to finish a project.

I built 6 wharfs on my PHQ, along with I think... 14 L storage. Go for factories first, the von neumann and then clean factory, and have enough wares on hand in your PHQ to build each quickly. If you get them finished in between the quakes, you won't lose any progress. Once you get the two factories built, again... have everything you need on hand to make the scaffolding.... which is 5+ million metallic microlattice, plus a crap ton of other stuff. Once you have it all on hand, then build it.... that will stop all the quakes. Then you can build the rest of the stuff over time.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Sun, 23. May 21, 06:55

Thanks for the advice.
I have since filled the science station with absolutely everything needed to run the volcano caps, and jeeesh, what a lot of transfers that was lol.
However, I'll try what you've said. Much thanks.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 23. May 21, 07:49

waynetarlton wrote:
Sun, 23. May 21, 06:55
Thanks for the advice.
I have since filled the science station with absolutely everything needed to run the volcano caps, and jeeesh, what a lot of transfers that was lol.
However, I'll try what you've said. Much thanks.
I did the scaffolding first because it reduces quakes to zero, while the caps reduce it a good amount, but not fully. Though from what I can tell, both need to be done in order to get the quakes to stop completely and to also get the temp down. So I did factories first, the scaffoling, now I'm slowly chipping away at the caps.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Wed, 26. May 21, 06:15

Finally completed it. Phew, worked up a sweat on that one lol. I did however, gain a windfall from the speculative business opportunity of 1.5 trillion credits :twisted: :D thankfully too, because I was down to less than 100 million and probably about to go broke...

I'm going back to Scale Plate Green to try for the Luxury Housing. The atmospheric pressure seems too low, so I'm intending to import water, lots of water, which in the Atiya's terraforming, increased the pressure to work nicely.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 26. May 21, 20:38

waynetarlton wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 06:15
Finally completed it. Phew, worked up a sweat on that one lol. I did however, gain a windfall from the speculative business opportunity of 1.5 trillion credits :twisted: :D thankfully too, because I was down to less than 100 million and probably about to go broke...

I'm going back to Scale Plate Green to try for the Luxury Housing. The atmospheric pressure seems too low, so I'm intending to import water, lots of water, which in the Atiya's terraforming, increased the pressure to work nicely.
You'll want to be careful about atmo pressure because you cannot actually reduce it atm. It's very easy to go over and you can no longer build luxury housing.
New projects to deal with that should be coming with the next patch.

waynetarlton
x4

Post by waynetarlton » Thu, 27. May 21, 08:29

Yes, I suspect going over is what I've done. Imported water about 6 times - which is a lot of water and RSI developing transfer effort lol. I'll have to wait. Now, onto the next conquest bwaahaaahaaaa.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sat, 29. May 21, 22:54

Hi,

I see project names I never saw in my game, Von Neumann, scaffolding. Is this because you are playing Terrans or using the Cradle of Humanity DLC ?
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 29. May 21, 23:57

gorman2040 wrote:
Sat, 29. May 21, 22:54
Hi,

I see project names I never saw in my game, Von Neumann, scaffolding. Is this because you are playing Terrans or using the Cradle of Humanity DLC ?
Probably CoH because both of those projects use CoH wares.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 30. May 21, 06:04

That makes sense. I just saw the achievement "advanced terraforming" that is probably linked as well. Thanks for confirming.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 30. May 21, 09:01

gorman2040 wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 06:04
That makes sense. I just saw the achievement "advanced terraforming" that is probably linked as well. Thanks for confirming.
So that achievement you get from one of the new factions, which allows the new terraforming options. They're connected.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”