Segaris storyline lost

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

isty
x4

Segaris storyline lost

Post by isty » Wed, 19. May 21, 09:09

Hi all,
Im a new player, so be gentle, ive only played about 10 days now, and i have spent pretty much the last 5 of them just trying to reconnect with the Segaris story

I finished the part where i use the Geometric Owl to investigate the old terrforming station of the Terrans, after this i landed on the ship and spoke to Dr Feinman, i stayed on their ship until we were out of Terran space then left, and went to do some general stuff, like earn money etc.
I also did my Teleportation research and quite a chunk of the other research (i only have the advanced mod stuff to go)
I did the research because some old guides and posts seemed to suggest that is how i would progress (although, and im starting to think this may hint at a bug or mis-step on my part - Boso so far asnt offered to show me how to move my station, which from various old titbits ive found he shouldve started doing when i got the 3rd box done, ive done all 4 btw now)

But im stil lost
Ive watched quite a few vid and streamers who for some reason have all decided to do the Terran Cadet start, while no one (ive found) seems to be covering the Segaris
But what this has shown me is that the story did not end where mine ended, it seems theres literally loads more to do, but i have no idea how to find it or start it

At risk of making replies more confusing to me than they may already be, i also wouldnt mind pointers to finding and starting the Split stories, but my focus for now is on the CoH stuff

Any guidance is appreciated

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Segaris storyline lost

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 19. May 21, 11:14

I had that confusion too. You need to go back to TER space (try Getsu Fune) where you should get a brief on-screen pop-up that a new story mission has been added to your Mission Manager. The pop-up is easy to miss if you are busy and you might already have missed it. Now look in your Mission Manager under 'Important Missions' when in that TER space as the mission offer is location-dependent.

The Split and Paranid stories depend on Dal Busta being in your working PHQ after completion of the HAT plot. He will offer them if your have the right relative rep ratings with PAR/HOP or FRF/ZYA respectively in order to start them.

I have to say that you seem awfully advanced in the plots and research for a 'new' X4 player! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

isty
x4

Post by isty » Wed, 19. May 21, 18:53

Oh i see, i shall try going back to Terran space and see what occurs

Regarding the Split, i shall look more for that when i can

Im in no particular rush to "get it all done", thats not how i generally play, but i felt i had lost my way and was missing out on stuff

As to my seeming advanced, i shall take that as a compliment :)
I have a lot of free time, and spend most of it playing one game or another, and while i do so, i also have things streaming on the other screen
So when i dive into a new game, i really dive in, and immerse myself as much as i can
Especially when the game is a complex as X4, i dont know how many times ive set up a Trader or something and been perplexed why it didnt work, when the previous one did, etc, so believe me i still have a lot to truly learn
Im not just new to X4, im new to this type of game, having played mostly MMO or Survival games before now, so its a learning curve

I stand by my self-confessed "new" status, i did underestimate the time i have spent it seems, according to the forums i signed up on May 1st, and according to steam... well ive played many hours, but of course it also counts the hours ive left the PC running while in bed, or out walking etc

Thanks for your reply, it helps to know im not missing too much and where i can pick it up again

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Wed, 19. May 21, 21:42

isty wrote:
Wed, 19. May 21, 18:53
Oh i see, i shall try going back to Terran space and see what occurs
Just to add...
If you enter the space of a faction, look at the Mission offers - and in this list the important ones.
Offers for important missions of a faction show up only when you enter their space.

isty
x4

Post by isty » Fri, 21. May 21, 04:27

Thanks, its good to know that, i shall try to make a habit of it

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”