FRF Space for mining?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AndiProe
x4

FRF Space for mining?

Post by AndiProe » Mon, 17. May 21, 20:25

Hi guys,
I gave X4 another try when I bought both DLCs last week.
I had a blast exploring the universe so far, did a lot of loot boxes and have about 30% of the universe ‚ mapped‘.

I started as Split, I think the FRF are my guys?!

Now I literally have no money.. all the money I made from very easy missions went into satellites and resource probes. The entire FRF space is spiked - which I call an achievement, lol

I wanted to look into mining ( in general and Nividium) in FRF space next to help boost their economy and take over the universe from here.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find a single Nividium and only one station wants to buy ore; but their demand is filled and won’t buy any.

After having their space mapped for such a long time I have to admit I am a bit frustrated..
I am about 12h of play time in and now here are my questions:

-) Is FRF space just bad for mining or did I do something wrong?
-) Do I need to abandon my plan and go somewhere else for my mining empire?
-) In my frustration I wanted to get some of the derelict ships but I couldn’t find any; am I just not looking enough or are they gone?
-) I then went and started the main quest line. My station now needs a builder.. well, that monster is expensive and I think I need a mining empire first ;) back to square one

Is it too late into the game (12h) and did I miss something or what? Do I need to restart or is 12h nothing? :€
Thanks for any of your insights,

Cobra117
x4

Re: FRF Space for mining?

Post by Cobra117 » Thu, 20. May 21, 13:09

I started the game as an Argon (young gun i think) so I don't know how the start with FRF looks like, and every game is different. That being said, to answear your questions :

1- FRF is not the best place for mining. Most of their mining spots (Tharka's Ravine IV, and Matrix 451) are (were...) Xenon Territory in my game. The best and most secure spot for mining at the start is Grand Exchange : Full of stations, growing economy and plenty of ressources to mine (Teladis !!)
2- There are a few posts on this forum dealing with abandonned ships. You should find that info easily. Selling those ships is a good way to make money fast.
3- If you are broke, use your ship or a mining ship to mine manually for a while. Nividium is not the money making ressource it used to be in former versions of the game, try other RSS like silicon.
4- If you want to build modules on your station, make sure you have the plans (blueprints) and you can start making money by selling whatever you make.
6- You don't have to drop a satellite near every station in the beginning. If you leave FRF territory, remember that you can recover deployed probes and satellites. Get close, right click on it, select "disable" and press "O"

Hope it helps. Good luck !

grapedog
x4

Re: FRF Space for mining?

Post by grapedog » Sat, 22. May 21, 14:48

Tharkas Ravine 8 and 4 are good for gas, though 4 is Xenon to start with. Heart of Acrimony is great for Ice, just ok for Silicon and Ore.

Gas and Ice are the two best in that area. What I would do is set up something like a food/med complex, where the only inputs you need are ECells and Ice. Food and Meds sell well anywhere, and it's a pretty good starter complex that can also provide food for your own later factories. Then maybe also setup a gas wares complex, that just takes gas inputs and makes and sells the tier 1 wares. Ore and Silicon in that area are mediocre

As for building a station, you can hire an NPC builder to build your station. Make sure you scan and inspect the builder to make sure it has 30+ building drones, to maximize building speed.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”