Sin Destroyer

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

i64man
x3tc

Sin Destroyer

Post by i64man » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 05:09

I finished the mission you get as a Terran cadet in which after reporting to the militia chief in Mars, she inform you about the attack on Yaki. But before you leave she gives you as a present the destroyer. The thing is missing few weapons and shields, what would be a good weapons loadout for it?

jlehtone
x4

Re: Sin Destroyer

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 08:00

First, she is Syn like the Norse goddess that guards and refuses unwanted access. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syn_(goddess)

Purpose? Anti-fighter or anti-capital?

What are the available options? I don't have access to Terran tech, I just board or kill them. So far they have been only moderately impressive.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 08:15

It has 8 L turrets which can all fire forward. That's impressive, though perhaps it might have to do with how fat the Xenon Defense Stations are.
Personally I just load L Bolts and Argon M Flak. All set to attack all enemies.
I like L Bolts, good guns, short range though, but AI doesn't care about range anyway while a player can snipe turrets. Otoh attack all enemies do seem to work with killing subsystems assuming it isn't a target rich environment, in a close range engagement with HOP Oddys they were rapidly defanged. And they still have the firepower to do good work unlike Beams.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 08:49

@ jlehtone ... thanks for the correction on the Syn. As for purpose, I am not certain yet.

@ raptor34, thanks for the suggestions. Once I decide how to use it, then I will finish fitting the destroyer. It is missing some components like shield and turrets. Thanks for your help gentlemen.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 11:03

i64man wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 05:09
I finished the mission you get as a Terran cadet in which after reporting to the militia chief in Mars, she inform you about the attack on Yaki. But before you leave she gives you as a present the destroyer. The thing is missing few weapons and shields, what would be a good weapons loadout for it?
That's strange, when I got it it was fully equipped with bolt turrets and mk2 shields.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 11:15

Those missing turrets are probably due to boarding with marines.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 11:29

chip56 wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 11:15
Those missing turrets are probably due to boarding with marines.
When NPC builds a ship, it does not always have "full" loadout. For one, loadouts can and do vary. More importantly, if Shipyard has shortage of components, it "completes" the ship anyway.

However, OP talks about mission reward. Do they really hand you nearest wreck as a "present"?

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 12:22

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 11:29
When NPC builds a ship, it does not always have "full" loadout. For one, loadouts can and do vary. More importantly, if Shipyard has shortage of components, it "completes" the ship anyway.

However, OP talks about mission reward. Do they really hand you nearest wreck as a "present"?
They spawn what they call a "wreak" just outside the station. That wreak however is a fully functional syn.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 13:05

Pares wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 11:03
That's strange, when I got it it was fully equipped with bolt turrets and mk2 shields.
chip56 wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 12:22
That wreak however is a fully functional syn.
If i64man got it under-equipped, then that could be a bug? @i64man: There is Tech Support forum.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 13:10

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 13:05
If i64man got it under-equipped, then that could be a bug? @i64man: There is Tech Support forum.
Not if he used marines to capture it. It does NOT start under your control so you need to capture it. And marines do tend to destroy stuff. Even if its a powered down ship with no crew.

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 13:38

chip56 wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 13:10
jlehtone wrote:
Not if he used marines to capture it. It does NOT start under your control so you need to capture it. And marines do tend to destroy stuff. Even if its a powered down ship with no crew.
The Syn should have a signal leak around its airlock that lets you claim it without damage,

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 13:46

Ahh, I don't do plots, so interpreted "gives a present" incorrectly.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 14:20

jlehtone wrote:
Pares wrote:
chip56 wrote:
the Syn was given as crashed gift and it was spawned right outside the warf.... it had 2x shields, but there was one missing. The same thing gith the turrets, some were missing, but the main guns were there. My idea was to see what others here have done with it and how have they equipped it.

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 15:12

I went with all pulse. They do the job very well.
still havent tried any other weapons on it. I hate the lasers. Somehow they don't seem to do anything at all in my opinion. So I'm even more suprised that like every asgard ships is equiped with lasers only.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 15:48

i64man wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 14:20
jlehtone wrote:
Pares wrote:
chip56 wrote:
the Syn was given as crashed gift and it was spawned right outside the warf.... it had 2x shields, but there was one missing. The same thing gith the turrets, some were missing, but the main guns were there. My idea was to see what others here have done with it and how have they equipped it.
I tried it with both the default equipped bolt and pulse turrets, but since IMO the three main guns have enough firepower to evaporate every other ship in the game easily except Is, I only needed the turrets against S/M ships, and neither the bolt or pulse turrets come close to the efficiency of TER L Beam + TER M Pulse turret combo against those in my experience.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 16:00

Waltz99 wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 15:12
I went with all pulse. They do the job very well.
still havent tried any other weapons on it. I hate the lasers. Somehow they don't seem to do anything at all in my opinion. So I'm even more suprised that like every asgard ships is equiped with lasers only.
The TER L Beams can kind of "lock" on to ships (or at least that's how it looks), they can track faster ships much more easily then bolt or pulse turrets. Don't trust the stats. I tried full bolt and full pulse loadouts, and had much less success with those against fighters. They miss too much and waste so much DPS. TER L Beam + TER M Pulse can tear down hoards of Ps/Ms/Ns much quicker than the other turrets in my experience. For bigger ships you have the main guns.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 16:22

The S/M shields do not recharge for a while if they are hit. Beams hit continuously. Therefore, if something gets a shield low, then it stays low as long a beam stays on target. That is more efficient than the couple shots hit, fighter recharges, couple shots hit, ...

The beams help M pulses to do the kill.

Battlefront
x4

Post by Battlefront » Sat, 1. May 21, 13:36

I use a mix of beam and bolt L-turrets (50%/50%).
The bolt turrets do a lot of dmg to M and S ships, when they hit, but most of the time they let M and S ships at low HP like 2 %, thats the point where the beam turrets can easily finish them off.
You have a bit more dps than with beam turrets only. When you are fighting againt L ships or even stations. So i like this combo. Pulse is fine aswell, but i really like the fire pattern and the dmg of bolt more. It felt like Bolt and Pulse hit/miss like the same amount of time, so i simply choose bolt.
My M turrets are Bolt only, so they have a bit more range and dmg than the M beam turrets. M Bolt hits pretty good in my opinion.

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Sun, 2. May 21, 00:40

I don't see the point of a destroyer having any weapons against small fighters.
Fighters can't do anything against L/XL shields. So why should a destroyer have to deal with that?

I equip destroyers so that they can destroy other destroyers and stations. Against fighters, a corvette that you fly yourself is enough. With it you destroy fighters faster than 5 destroyers could.

Beam weapons? These things are a joke! In Rebirth were the evil. Even if 8 L Beam turrets of an Asgart shoot at me.... you can ignore it.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. May 21, 02:25

Bastelfred wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 00:40
I don't see the point of a destroyer having any weapons against small fighters.
Fighters can't do anything against L/XL shields. So why should a destroyer have to deal with that?
You are only right in as much as that individual fighters in general (except for shield ignoring weapon loadouts - e.g. Burst Ray) can not damage the hull/engines/weapons without taking out the hull shield generators. However, regardless of loadout fighters CAN knock out shield generators, disable weapons/engines, or deploy missiles/torpedoes.

Fighters should never be under estimated in terms of level of threat they pose, (with a few notable exceptions) individually they are a mere annoyance but in numbers they can still be a threat... remember the main axiom behind combat in the X-Series - "If you think you need 1 ship, bring 10".
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”