Sin Destroyer

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pares
x4

Re: Sin Destroyer

Post by Pares » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 16:00

Waltz99 wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 15:12
I went with all pulse. They do the job very well.
still havent tried any other weapons on it. I hate the lasers. Somehow they don't seem to do anything at all in my opinion. So I'm even more suprised that like every asgard ships is equiped with lasers only.
The TER L Beams can kind of "lock" on to ships (or at least that's how it looks), they can track faster ships much more easily then bolt or pulse turrets. Don't trust the stats. I tried full bolt and full pulse loadouts, and had much less success with those against fighters. They miss too much and waste so much DPS. TER L Beam + TER M Pulse can tear down hoards of Ps/Ms/Ns much quicker than the other turrets in my experience. For bigger ships you have the main guns.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 16:22

The S/M shields do not recharge for a while if they are hit. Beams hit continuously. Therefore, if something gets a shield low, then it stays low as long a beam stays on target. That is more efficient than the couple shots hit, fighter recharges, couple shots hit, ...

The beams help M pulses to do the kill.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Battlefront
x4

Post by Battlefront » Sat, 1. May 21, 13:36

I use a mix of beam and bolt L-turrets (50%/50%).
The bolt turrets do a lot of dmg to M and S ships, when they hit, but most of the time they let M and S ships at low HP like 2 %, thats the point where the beam turrets can easily finish them off.
You have a bit more dps than with beam turrets only. When you are fighting againt L ships or even stations. So i like this combo. Pulse is fine aswell, but i really like the fire pattern and the dmg of bolt more. It felt like Bolt and Pulse hit/miss like the same amount of time, so i simply choose bolt.
My M turrets are Bolt only, so they have a bit more range and dmg than the M beam turrets. M Bolt hits pretty good in my opinion.

Bastelfred
x4

Post by Bastelfred » Sun, 2. May 21, 00:40

I don't see the point of a destroyer having any weapons against small fighters.
Fighters can't do anything against L/XL shields. So why should a destroyer have to deal with that?

I equip destroyers so that they can destroy other destroyers and stations. Against fighters, a corvette that you fly yourself is enough. With it you destroy fighters faster than 5 destroyers could.

Beam weapons? These things are a joke! In Rebirth were the evil. Even if 8 L Beam turrets of an Asgart shoot at me.... you can ignore it.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. May 21, 02:25

Bastelfred wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 00:40
Fighters can't do anything against L/XL shields. So why should a destroyer have to deal with that?
You are only right in as much as that individual fighters in general (except for shield ignoring weapon loadouts - e.g. Burst Ray) can not damage the hull/engines/weapons without taking out the hull shield generators. However, regardless of loadout fighters CAN knock out shield generators, disable weapons/engines, or deploy missiles/torpedoes.

Fighters should never be under estimated in terms of level of threat they pose, (with a few notable exceptions) individually they are a mere annoyance but in numbers they can still be a threat... remember the main axiom behind combat in the X-Series - "If you think you need 1 ship, bring 10".
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Battlefront
x4

Post by Battlefront » Mon, 10. May 21, 20:39

You are only right in as much as that individual fighters in general (except for shield ignoring weapon loadouts - e.g. Burst Ray) can not damage the hull/engines/weapons without taking out the hull shield generators. However, regardless of loadout fighters CAN knock out shield generators, disable weapons/engines, or deploy missiles/torpedoes.

Fighters should never be under estimated in terms of level of threat they pose, (with a few notable exceptions) individually they are a mere annoyance but in numbers they can still be a threat... remember the main axiom behind combat in the X-Series - "If you think you need 1 ship, bring 10".
I totally agree, i can see so many Ks without any turrets left. So they are simply huge meat shields flying around without any threat. Once i even saw an I with near no turrets left. So never underastimate the attack on turrets.
The only thing which is really useless are defense drones, they are just too weak to deal any threat to a L ship. 10 fighters can be a threat, killing turrets engines and stuff. Not killing your ship, but making it useless. Ofc it depends on the loadout of the fighters.
So i think that the balance is fine atm. And using M ships to defend your big ships should always be done.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:43

Battlefront wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 20:39

I totally agree, i can see so many Ks without any turrets left. So they are simply huge meat shields flying around without any threat. Once i even saw an I with near no turrets left. So never underastimate the attack on turrets.
The only thing which is really useless are defense drones, they are just too weak to deal any threat to a L ship. 10 fighters can be a threat, killing turrets engines and stuff. Not killing your ship, but making it useless. Ofc it depends on the loadout of the fighters.
So i think that the balance is fine atm. And using M ships to defend your big ships should always be done.
Defence drones are useless only in small amounts, but not under estimate them when launched in big swarms. I've seen how swarms of drones destroyed FAF Rattlesnakes and HOP\PAR Odysseus. The main problem of Defence drones are that they not make any damage in low attention (I don't even know if they are used in low attention).

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Tue, 11. May 21, 12:23

Bastelfred wrote:

I equip destroyers so that they can destroy other destroyers and stations. Against fighters, a corvette that you fly yourself is enough. With it you destroy fighters faster than 5 destroyers could.

Beam weapons? These things are a joke! In Rebirth were the evil. Even if 8 L Beam turrets of an Asgart shoot at me.... you can ignore it.
Large number easily overwhelm the modules on your L/XL ship. Can render you immobile. Cripple your turrets. etc.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 11. May 21, 15:14

Factions should use larger fighter swarms. With proper anti-cap loadouts.
My fighters can kill even XL shields just fine.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 11. May 21, 15:57

Bastelfred wrote:
I was careless in my Rattlesnake. Got my shield dusted. After that the fighters had the power to wipe me out.

About third carelessness after that I again had no shield, was pummeled by Factory and most importantly did not notice squad of four Osaka that sneaked behind my back. Cowards!

No shield. No engine. Had enough gimbal on main battery to finish one Osaka. Three to one, sitting duck. Had to leave the ship, but I did call air strike from Condor.

Fighters against three Osaka. Can't do anything? 160 Thermal Disintegrators beg to differ. Burn, bay, burn! They did.

Being upset about losing Rattlesnake (with good captain) I told the fighters to chew Tokyo a bit. Just enough to kill its XL shields. Then I personally blasted it out with my Dragon.

Fighters can do damage to L/XL. However, most NPC fleets lack both numbers and loadout.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Battlefront
x4

Post by Battlefront » Tue, 11. May 21, 19:40

They are, i fighted multiple Xenon factories and they just sent them out wave after wave. About 20 drones were in each wave, they just died too fast and did no dmg at all.
If there are 100 or more drones out, all at once, they can start to make dmg, but it only happens rarely.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:04

Battlefront wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 19:40
They are, i fighted multiple Xenon factories and they just sent them out wave after wave. About 20 drones were in each wave, they just died too fast and did no dmg at all.
If there are 100 or more drones out, all at once, they can start to make dmg, but it only happens rarely.
Or you are lucky or I'm out of luck, but the Xenons stations launch hundreds of drones against me.
I suppose that depends of how many drones have the station when you start attacking it. What I see if that the Xenon stations keep building new drones to replace the lost ones as long as they have resources.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 18. May 21, 21:13

Best load out is TER Shields and for weapons you want plasma on the 4 front facing Large to help fight capital ships and stations, and you want TER L Beams on the rear 4 Large for fighters. put flak or TER beams on medium turrets. this is best overall build. i jump into that Free Sin often and this build does it all. if not have L beams on the back for aircraft protection you will get eaten up. other choice is to have support vehicles with turrets you gotta manage and will prolly die if get into anything heavy. cheers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”