What's the plot chain leading to the Yaki missions?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

What's the plot chain leading to the Yaki missions?

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 12:49

So I know you need to clear the HAT plot to get access to Dal when he's on your station.
What are the other prerequisites leading to it?
Is there a walkthrough or mission list?

Halpog
x4

Re: What's the plot chain leading to the Yaki missions?

Post by Halpog » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 15:30

Raptor34 wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 12:49
So I know you need to clear the HAT plot to get access to Dal when he's on your station.
What are the other prerequisites leading to it?
Is there a walkthrough or mission list?
iam noit 100% sure, but as terran u come automaticly across this plot
having DAL on yoiur HQ is only for the 2nd part of the plot where u have to kill the xenons in the 3 sectors arround the yaki HQ.
the pre plot comes acros with the normal terran plot, as long as u keep talking to the command at the trade station u cant miss it

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 21:23

As said, You do not need Dal to start, only for one potential ending. To start you need to be in the outer core of Sol system (Mars, Venus, Mercury) with a decent rep with TER. Respond to the call to join the Solborn Militia.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 06:46

I'm talking about the one where you help the Yaki though. Don't those need Dal to start?

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 09:28

Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 06:46
I'm talking about the one where you help the Yaki though. Don't those need Dal to start?
Yes, you need Dal on the HQ, and I believe you also need to have made the choice during the previous Yaki plot to tell the Terrans the Yaki arent a threat. Then Dal should contact you and give you some spiel about opening a new Market, and you'll get the 'Heart for Pirates' mission to clear the Xenon out of 3 sectors for them

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 09:35

bodrum wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 09:28
Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 06:46
Yes, you need Dal on the HQ, and I believe you also need to have made the choice during the previous Yaki plot to tell the Terrans the Yaki arent a threat. Then Dal should contact you and give you some spiel about opening a new Market, and you'll get the 'Heart for Pirates' mission to clear the Xenon out of 3 sectors for them
Thanks.
Though I'm still probably a ways off from that.
Also since there is only a choice between destroying or activating the amplifier, destroying works right? There isn't some ignore the amplifier choice?

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 09:40

You can destroy the amplifier yourself (I did), the important part is when you report back to the Terran chick with the stick up her arse, she asks you if think the Yaki are a threat. If you say yes she organises a fleet to go and ruin them. If you say they arent a threat you get a massive Yaki rep boost and you can then get the Heart for Pirates mission from Dal

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 10:38

bodrum wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 09:40
You can destroy the amplifier yourself (I did), the important part is when you report back to the Terran chick with the stick up her arse, she asks you if think the Yaki are a threat. If you say yes she organises a fleet to go and ruin them. If you say they arent a threat you get a massive Yaki rep boost and you can then get the Heart for Pirates mission from Dal
Thanks.
Though I wonder how big the rep boost is, I dropped to -21 from some of my fleets it seems.
Well, do I have to protect the Yaki from the Xenon after killing the amplifier? Or can I just leave them alone since I've blocked the Asgard fabs so I doubt the Terrans would be able to do anything.

Also finally not starting the Paranid/Split plots doesn't matter right? They are all completely separate? Just to confirm.

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 12:47

Well my Yaki rep went from 0 to +23 for telling the Terrans they arent a threat, then to +27 for completing Heart for Pirates, so pretty substantial

Not sure about protecting them from Xenon, I think after you destroy the Amplifier its possible, although by then I'd neutered the Xenon pretty thoroughly by wiping out every Xenon S I could find in those sectors, plus most of their SPPs, so they werent building much. I didnt see them attacking the Yaki but maybe someone else can confirm?

Also, yeah, Paranid/Split are completely seperate plots that have no effect on the Yaki shizz

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”