Where can I find Antimatter cells?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

i64man
x3tc

Where can I find Antimatter cells?

Post by i64man » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 06:55

I have comb Terran space, the Grand exchnage and all the sectors between Mars and my HQ, I can't find antimatter cells for the Pioneer mission in which you need 10x cells.... any suggestions?

chip56

Re: Where can I find Antimatter cells?

Post by chip56 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 08:00

use the filter on the map and type antimatter cells in there. That way you should be able to find in which sector they are sold.
If you are unlucky and dont find them within the sectors you have scouted so far you could give some fast ships explore orders for other sectors and hope that you uncover a factory that way. And if even with that you still dont find any: build your own factory for it. In one of my prevous games i couldnt find any within 4 jobs of grand exchange while in others there were factories within 1 jump so its really luck based how far you have to go.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 10:20

Thanks Chip56, I have scouted the sectors I mentioned and it seems that every station is looking for those cells..... I will send one of my ships to continue to scout. But if I were to build my own station, which station or station module I can build / attached to the player HQ?

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 10:59

Pretty sure its "Antimatter Cell Production" in english for the default module.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 11:43

Ok Thanks ... I will hire a captain and set him/her loose on the Yaki ship I got from the abandon asteroid, and have the ship do some further scouting

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 16:27

There are two issues in getting to do this mission too fast:

The first you have already encountered, not enough sectors scouted. This can be greatly alleviated by just taking a personal tour of the "ring" highway.

This is where you'll "stumble" on the second issue. If you have started with the "Cadet" gamestart you are at -15 with all factions except the Teladi, so they will not sell you anything. To find the Antimatter Cells Factory of the Teladi is a feast as it is only one and you have to find it before the Xenon destroy it and it greatly depends on where the "Random Universe" of your start placed it...

The best approach to this is to improve your standing with the other factions (especially the Argon are easy because they have a "hidden" mission that will take you instantly from -15 to -10) so you'll have more "hunting ground"...

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 17:41

Thanks dtpsprt.... So, Argon space it is.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 07:33

Grand Exchange 1 likely has one - the HQ plot usually points me there where you need to supply 1 for unlocking the HQ. Do you run the Terran career, because the HQ plot is different there and won't need the initial AM cells.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 08:38

I'm playing the terran cadet starting plot. I have the hq with a small luxury dock and the storage tank. The 10x cells are for the pioneer ship and the doctor incharge.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 10:16

i64man wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 08:38
I'm playing the terran cadet starting plot. I have the hq with a small luxury dock and the storage tank. The 10x cells are for the pioneer ship and the doctor incharge.
Yeah I thought so. Did you fi d it now?

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 15:53

Yes,,,, I found them on a HAT Station north west of Argon Prime.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 15:57

Yay. I think there is Antimatter Converters and I used to confuse these with AM Cells...

LarryBurstyn
x4

Post by LarryBurstyn » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 02:23

I was producing Antimatter Cells in one of my factories so no problem there. But I need a spoiler for the next mission the Dr. sends me on. Is there a topic where I can find a spoiler?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 06:39

LarryBurstyn wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 02:23
I was producing Antimatter Cells in one of my factories so no problem there. But I need a spoiler for the next mission the Dr. sends me on. Is there a topic where I can find a spoiler?
Spoiler
Show
The first part of the next mission is to go to the Void to help an "associate". He'll tell you to find his assistant. You'll have to scan and find Navigation beacons that are surrounded by both Lasertowers and friend foe mines. You should only kill the mines, which makes the Laser towers "neutral" so you can read the Nav Beacons.

Then you get to send one (or two if unlucky) Nav beacons of your own into the hazardous area for the "assistant" (which is a ship) to find it's way out. You can use the ones you have scanned. Once the ship comes close to you (and just out of the hazardous zone) you get on your spacesuit and repair it so that it will let you board it and take control. This is the assistant.

Step 3 you will be sent to one of the Void's stations to scan a leak that will provide you with a spoof TER id, so you can travel to Earth to get the terraforming data from a segment of the Torus.
After that you'll find spoilers for the torus maze (how to turn on and off switches)

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 07:59

And then you get to keep the ship. Which if you finished the mission in which you killed the Yaki and explored the strange asteroid, you get your first Yaki fighter. I have both of them docked on my destroyer.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”