What can I expect from saving the yaki?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

What can I expect from saving the yaki?

Post by Axeface » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 17:13

I want to build my game for maximum business opportunities, so I want lots of healthy factions slaughtering eachother - I would love it if the yaki would become a faction of their own, but by helping the yaki I would be removing the Xenon entirely from the middle of the map, I dont like this as it would basically mean stagnation.
What can I expect if I help them and remove the xenon? Do they do anything or are they basically defunct as I expect? Would be really nice if they actually had the ability to evolve into a full faction (yaki capital added to to-do list 8) ).

Fenris321
x4

Re: What can I expect from saving the yaki?

Post by Fenris321 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 14:42

In my game the Terrans and Antigone removed most of the Xenon in that area. Then a lone Asgard (or at least alone by the time I noticed) came in and removed the few remaining Xenon stations and blew up the Yaki. It's now Antigone space. So ... not sure the player really has much influence in that area unless they want to start shooting Terrans and possibly another faction or two.

I long for the days of the "Yaki Armada" mod that was in X3 :D

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 16:18

The Yaki are more or less helpless.

IMHO they exist only so that the player will get the ship blueprints from them before they go extinct, what leads me to believe this is that their ships can carry any sort of cargo/minerals/gases but in tiny quantities that can not support any kind of economy, also they have no other stations except from their base.

They can't have a "dedicated" capital ship because they have no Shipyard (L/XL) and they can't buy from anywhere else (like SCA are buying from TEL and FAF buying from FRF) because the only faction they can be friendly with is the player, if he/she so chooses during the plot...

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:08

After we clear the Xenon around, do they ask the player to build stations for them?

Do their stations claim sector ownership?

If we build a wharf/shipyard in their space, will they buy anything else other than moreyas and kuorakamis?

I've always liked the Yaki and I want to help them towards world domination :D

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:16

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:08
After we clear the Xenon around, do they ask the player to build stations for them?

Do their stations claim sector ownership?

If we build a wharf/shipyard in their space, will they buy anything else other than moreyas and kuorakamis?

I've always liked the Yaki and I want to help them towards world domination :D
In general:

There might be a build order (as per random occurrence) from their one and only station. My experience from building a Defence Station for SCA (with and Admin Centre) was that sector ownership was not transferred to them...

All factions only buy their own ships so, most probably, they'll just buy them...Even if they use them as traders (with whom?) and miners their holds are not big enough...

Yaki world domination seems to be out of the "possible" scenarios Egosoft has in mind (sorry but I think CBJ will not mark this post as untrue for sure)...

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:51

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:16
All factions only buy their own ships so, most probably, they'll just buy them...Even if they use them as traders (with whom?) and miners their holds are not big enough...
Exactly 5minutes after having read that, I saw a Yak-Nemesis Sentinel fly right by me, so don't know about that :D

I guess we'll see

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 21:12

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:51
dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:16
Exactly 5minutes after having read that, I saw a Yak-Nemesis Sentinel fly right by me, so don't know about that :D

I guess we'll see
Saw a Yaki Ides Vanguard once. No idea where they actually get them from though.

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 22:47

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 20:51

I guess we'll see
They have a lot of random ships that all go back to their base with a "recycle" order (which you can see if they are flying under the cover of a faction you have high enough rep with to see orders). I haven't managed to find out where they come from, but I'm pretty sure the don't originate at the Yaki base, and I've never seen them doing anything other than going back for recycling.

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 23:21

I completed the Heart for Pirates mission/achievement in my playthrough as I had the same hopes - i.e. help the Yaki to become a 'proper' faction

Unfortunately the results are... underwhelming

Zyarth took over both Tharkas Cascade sectors after I wiped out the Xenon, so I claimed Matrix 79B to stop them expanding into there and provide a buffer for the Yaki to thrive. At least that was the idea.

Not had a single mission from them for anything, despite regularly teleporting back to their HQ to check. I've been feeding them resources which they use to build fleets of Moreyas/Kuraokamis, who do... not much.

Ive also seen other ships flying the Yaki flag occasionally, I believe they are claiming abandoned ships but they just send them back to their base to dismantle and turn into more Moreyas and Kuraokamis

Really hope a future patch expands on this, e.g. some missions to help them expand their HQ with an L shipyard, production modules etc. This plotline has so much more potential than it delivers

Wraith_Magus
x3tc

Post by Wraith_Magus » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 02:30

I'm pretty sure the random ships being sent to the Yaki base are captured ships that are getting recycled. I kept seeing Yaki flying around Brennan's Triumph in my game, so I took them on (5 kuraokamis), and while getting them to bail and sending subordinates to claim the ship, one of them was (re)claimed by the Yaki, which then flew it off through the jumpgate to regions unknown. (This also left me with an owned boarding pod that was frozen and completely unable to ever do anything again littering my game...)

I know that I saw someone say that other ships will never bail unless the player has damaged them, so I'm not sure if Yaki can make this sustainable (unless players weaken a ship and Yaki just jump on them to make them bail), or if they can do boarding somewhere out of sector, but I do know that if there are abandoned ships, Yaki will try to take them.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 15:52

Wraith_Magus wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 02:30
I know that I saw someone say that other ships will never bail unless the player has damaged them
There is some confusion about this, at least for me. Some thought a certain 4.0 change meant that ships can bail completely independent of player input, just not sure.
If its not the case Im guessing yaki have special scripting to capture these ships that other factions dont.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 00:58

Not long after you clear the xenon out. The yaki will stop being enimies with the argon, split, and teladi. Let the split move in, they will help supply the yaki shipyard.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 08:52

Somewhat underwhelming, not even a thank you comms, but anyway.
So from what I've heard the Yaki basically doesn't do anything unless you build them stations or something, do I just wait outside their sole station and just wait for missions?
Beyond that if I give them an admin station do they take over sectors?
Also do I have to worry about them getting wiped out if I've taken care of the Xenon and told the Terrans they aren't a threat?

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 19:29

Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 08:52
So from what I've heard the Yaki basically doesn't do anything unless you build them stations or something, do I just wait outside their sole station and just wait for missions?
Also do I have to worry about them getting wiped out if I've taken care of the Xenon and told the Terrans they aren't a threat?
I didn't take care of the Xenon, but I did tell the Terrans that the Yaki aren't a threat and they still had an Asgard go in there to blow up the Yaki station. It's possible if I'd taken the Xenon out the Terrans would have had no reason to go in there. But I just feel the Yaki are stagnated and at a dead end.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 19:43

Let the ANT take over getsu fune before starting the terran plot. That way the Terrans won't try to invade savage spur. Or flip ownership of getsu fune to ANT by destroying the admin mod on the TER orbital defense stations.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 20:27

Fenris321 wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 19:29
Raptor34 wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 08:52
I didn't take care of the Xenon, but I did tell the Terrans that the Yaki aren't a threat and they still had an Asgard go in there to blow up the Yaki station. It's possible if I'd taken the Xenon out the Terrans would have had no reason to go in there. But I just feel the Yaki are stagnated and at a dead end.
Sounds like a bug.
Otoh I've been blocking their XL fab for awhile now so perhaps they just don't have any Asgards to spare.
Actually, that Asgard might not have been specifically targeting them, it was just in the way since Terrans are hostile to Yakis.
But anyway, I'm just teleporting back in occasionally to see if I can get any missions, for now I'm trying to setup some autotraders for them and selling them ships, not sure if selling ships boost rep but I've gotten from 22 to 27 somehow.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 22:29

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 19:43
Let the ANT take over getsu fune before starting the terran plot. That way the Terrans won't try to invade savage spur. Or flip ownership of getsu fune to ANT by destroying the admin mod on the TER orbital defense stations.
This can really work, especially since "saving the Yaki" (destroying the relay station) makes them trade with ARG and ANT...

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 07:24

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 22:29
Karmaticdamage wrote:
This can really work, especially since "saving the Yaki" (destroying the relay station) makes them trade with ARG and ANT...
How long before they start trading and how exactly does this trade work anyway?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 07:40

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 07:24
dtpsprt wrote:
Karmaticdamage wrote:
I think (90% sure) it starts from the time you get the good rep with the Yaki. The problem for them is Getsu Fune if it is in TER hands because they have to cross it to get to ARG/ANT space. Their return to Savage Spur is "guaranteed" because it is through Hatikvah's Faith.
It would also do a lot of good if the player just eliminates the Xenon from the sectors on this "route" (and either keep them or let ARG/ANT take over, the second been a bit difficult to happen) as this will make the TER Intervention Fleet not to enter since the Xenon are not there any more and the Yaki have been characterised by the player as not dangerous.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 08:36

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 07:40
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 07:24
dtpsprt wrote:

I think (90% sure) it starts from the time you get the good rep with the Yaki. The problem for them is Getsu Fune if it is in TER hands because they have to cross it to get to ARG/ANT space. Their return to Savage Spur is "guaranteed" because it is through Hatikvah's Faith.
It would also do a lot of good if the player just eliminates the Xenon from the sectors on this "route" (and either keep them or let ARG/ANT take over, the second been a bit difficult to happen) as this will make the TER Intervention Fleet not to enter since the Xenon are not there any more and the Yaki have been characterised by the player as not dangerous.
Oh, you mean they trade themselves, that would be a little more annoying.
Though I've already cleared the Xenon so that should be fine.
I guess they could trade with the Split instead.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”