What can I expect from saving the yaki?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

L_B_P
x4

Re: What can I expect from saving the yaki?

Post by L_B_P » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 13:33

As fare I can see, I didnt get anything from saving Yaki and I took over the 3 Xenon sector for the archievement A heart for Pirates, game just became more borring.

Loaded my savegames before I started the Yaki mission and killed them instead. More xenon attack in Teleadi space instead. :D
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:35

the Idea is good but execution is bad, would have been nice to be able to turn yaki into a regular faction with an economy etc.... Maybe even unlock more ships for them etc... Could have been a really great plot but execution is very bad in the whole yaki plot.
If you push thez button to destroy earth, nothing happens, I waited like 80 hours and absolutely nothing happened lol
I help Yaki become a faction, nothing happen... absolutely nothing...
It's weird... That's kinda why I hate when Egosoft makes plots, they have good ideas, but execution is just bad.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 16:16

Bozz11 wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:35
the Idea is good but execution is bad, would have been nice to be able to turn yaki into a regular faction with an economy etc.... Maybe even unlock more ships for them etc... Could have been a really great plot but execution is very bad in the whole yaki plot.
If you push thez button to destroy earth, nothing happens, I waited like 80 hours and absolutely nothing happened lol
I help Yaki become a faction, nothing happen... absolutely nothing...
It's weird... That's kinda why I hate when Egosoft makes plots, they have good ideas, but execution is just bad.
Yes it is very bad, not to say that it limits the player's choices (which is even worse IMHO). On the other hand I have to personally disagree with your overall opinion of Egosoft plots. They used to be great up until X3 AP (if you have played any of the previous games I believe you understand what I mean) and they seriously deteriorated in Rebirth (it does not deserve the X) and, way more, in Foundations (still does not deserve the X) with the only exception of the Terran plot(s), introduced with CoH (at least most of them).

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 16:30

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 16:16
On the other hand I have to personally disagree with your overall opinion of Egosoft plots. They used to be great up until X3 AP
They were great if you saw the add-ons (like AP) as the end product.

And several stuff added were adaptations of community mods so not sure I agree with you there.

If the entire plot could be finished in less than a day, I don't call it a plot. What did X4 1.0 have? I didn't buy at launch but it only had you setting up the HQ, no?

It's a real shame to be honest. Better/longer plots familiarize new audience with the game Universe.... they're missing out on a lot of customers, I'm sure. (long before they get frustrated with complex mechanics)

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Tue, 4. May 21, 00:01

Da Rat is very Kool and i like it a lot, but its hardly worth the effort.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 4. May 21, 12:28

I've yet to receive any Yaki mission after liberating them and I keep visiting the station regularly.

I've only gotten a nothing yaki mission by scanning a station leak. :gruebel:

Their raiding parties however are everywhere!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 4. May 21, 15:01

Saving the Yaki got my a galaxy with a lot of Yaki pirates, and none of which bother me. So i am happy with it. It creates business opportunities.

Their shipyard was destroyed by the time I had gotten to them, but i managed to nab a station build mission from them, so i built them a decently defensible wharf on top of the station they requested.

As long as they keep pirating other races, and leave my ships alone, im fine with that.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 4. May 21, 16:31

So to update the op, I saved them and immediately claimed tharkas because I wanted to stop ZYA from taking it, which is what I assumed was going to happen. Very quickly ANT started building a station in savage spur II (they already owned I). Once that flipped they immediately started building in matrix. I quickly took matrix too because im not sure what I want to do with them. Perhaps i'll get rid of my stations and let ANT take all of matrix and tharkas to strengthen them for the coming war with the terrans... but i dont want to spread them too thin, so not sure. Are ANT even at war with ZYA?
As for the yaki... I havent had a single mission pop up for them, no station building missions, nothing. They didnt attempt to take savage spur II when i saved them either which I had hoped they would do... couldnt they build an admin module at least? :/ They started trading with ant and arg about an hour after I saved them, and have a couple of ships flying around and have the odd captured ship go to their station, but seem very much stagnant.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 4. May 21, 16:44

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 16:31
So to update the op, I saved them and immediately claimed tharkas because I wanted to stop ZYA from taking it, which is what I assumed was going to happen. Very quickly ANT started building a station in savage spur II (they already owned I). Once that flipped they immediately started building in matrix. I quickly took matrix too because im not sure what I want to do with them. Perhaps i'll get rid of my stations and let ANT take all of matrix and tharkas to strengthen them for the coming war with the terrans... but i dont want to spread them too thin, so not sure. Are ANT even at war with ZYA?
As for the yaki... I havent had a single mission pop up for them, no station building missions, nothing. They didnt attempt to take savage spur II when i saved them either which I had hoped they would do... couldnt they build an admin module at least? :/ They started trading with ant and arg about an hour after I saved them, and have a couple of ships flying around and have the odd captured ship go to their station, but seem very much stagnant.
If you sell them ships or feed their shipyard they start sending patrols around for some reason.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 4. May 21, 17:11

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 16:44
If you sell them ships or feed their shipyard they start sending patrols around for some reason.
They are getting well supplied by ant and arg, yes they have a few patrols around but when i say stagnant I mean that they are not active other than those few ships, or more accurately, they are not any more active than they were before I saved them - nothing changed.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 4. May 21, 18:11

Yaki order a lot of ships from my shipyards.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Tue, 4. May 21, 18:13

grapedog wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 15:01
Saving the Yaki got my a galaxy with a lot of Yaki pirates, and none of which bother me. So i am happy with it. It creates business opportunities.

Their shipyard was destroyed by the time I had gotten to them, but i managed to nab a station build mission from them, so i built them a decently defensible wharf on top of the station they requested.

As long as they keep pirating other races, and leave my ships alone, im fine with that.
So the game is either bugged, or you are the luckiest man alive. How on Earth did you get a station building mission from the Yaki? I'm getting nothing from the Pirate Base and I've walked the entire station (literally "walked") numerous times trying to find NPCs offering missions ... And the only thing I've got were Satellite placement missions, data leak repairs or scanning a terran station ... And also there's always only 1 single NPC offering missions, but most of the time there's none

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 4. May 21, 18:39

raUlo wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 18:13
grapedog wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 15:01

So the game is either bugged, or you are the luckiest man alive. How on Earth did you get a station building mission from the Yaki? I'm getting nothing from the Pirate Base and I've walked the entire station (literally "walked") numerous times trying to find NPCs offering missions ... And the only thing I've got were Satellite placement missions, data leak repairs or scanning a terran station ... And also there's always only 1 single NPC offering missions, but most of the time there's none
My station build mission from them was just one of those random fly-by yellow icon missions. Saw it and snagged it.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 4. May 21, 19:03

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 16:31
ANT are not at war with ZYA. If you remember the ZYA gamestart (Spur of the Patriarch) gave -21 for ARG and -15 for ANT, And yes, the Yaki, being the Pirates that they are, do not claim sectors. I suppose even if you get a build mission from them (very rare) and put an Admin Centre "on top" still they will not claim the sector (built a full Defence Station for SCA in a previous game but they did not take Silent Witness XII).

To top this, they are just the "marauding" type of pirates (like FAF) so they do not build almost anything (unlike SCA)

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 4. May 21, 20:02

Yes, the yaki cannot claim a sector. I gave em a wharf, destroyed 4 other defemse stations in that sector, and it went neutral.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Wed, 5. May 21, 00:57

grapedog wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 18:11
Do they buy anything other than Kuorakamis and Moreyas?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 5. May 21, 01:13

Maebius wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 00:57
grapedog wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 18:11
Do they buy anything other than Kuorakamis and Moreyas?
Nope, buy they buy a lot of em.

Though that shipyard is in 2Grand... and it is probably the most heavily traveled sector in that save. The yaki don't last very long. More money for me i guess since they so often have to replace losses.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”