Mission: "Fires of Fate" Sabotage XL Engine - Fix coming.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrUp
x4

Mission: "Fires of Fate" Sabotage XL Engine - Fix coming.

Post by MrUp » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 21:00

So I finally assembled the fleet. I was asked to sabotage the engine on Ravenous Wight.
I found the spot and deposited the 2 bombs.
I also deposited, alongside, and EMP bomb so I could 'Trigger All Bombs'... and I did.
I transported to my ship (just outside and behind the engine) and saw it was completely destroyed... and next a repair drone flew out and... after a few minutes, repaired it.

My message box still shows ' >Sabotage: SPL XL All-round Engine Mk1 (0/2) '

What did I do wrong and how can I complete this mission?
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

paraskous
x4

Re: Mission: "Fires of Fate" Sabotage XL Engine

Post by paraskous » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 10:28

Deploy the space bombs at XL engine. Then you get another target to deploy bombs at. Only deploy what is required and dont detonate them.

MrUp
x4

Post by MrUp » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 13:51

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

MrUp
x4

Post by MrUp » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 15:08

hmmm, there's something more I'm not doing right. I dropped the bombs and returned to my ship. Nothing happening. Still shows same in message box as if I'd done nothing.

I dropped two bombs exactly where the indicator box was, at zero meters. To get to zero I had to bump inside the engine wall to get inside. Should I have placed the two bombs at approx. 65 meters (closest outside the ship) ?

Please advise.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 15:24

Did you drop the bombs somewhere on the hull of the ships or on the actual engines (and i think shield was the second part of the mission) ?

MrUp
x4

Post by MrUp » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 16:13

There is a yellow box that shows where to put them, same box we see for when we are directed to repair spots in missions. It shows how far away you are if you click on it. I used that and followed it to zero meters and dropped two bombs.

Should I simply drop two bombs anywhere on the engine?

MrUp
x4

Post by MrUp » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 16:28

Yep. That was it. I dropped one on the engine and it registered.. all is well now.
I suppose the indicator was only to show which ship and not where on the ship.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers

reorcs

Post by reorcs » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 01:52

Hey guys, I have similar issue on another step of the same mission. When log said sabotage XL Shield I deployed 2 bombs right on it. nothing happened log was showing deployed 1/2. then I deployed EMP and used "all bombs" option. Now the shield is destroyed but the mission is still showing the same messge: sabotage XL shield. Did you see anything like this? Is there any way to reset the mission? I don't have saved game to restore from :( please advise

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 10:55

If the mission showed 1/2 deployed then one bomb was on the shield and one was probably on the ship hull near the shield. That is likely why the mission did not progress even though the shield was destroyed; you probably should not have detonated them until 2/2 were shown as deployed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

reorcs

Post by reorcs » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 15:04

Thanks for your reply. problem is I have deployed about 10 bombs on different parts of the shield and yet it was showing me the "1/2" message... in the end I just gave up and decided to explode all bombs hoping that mission log will just catch up. It was wrong assumption I guess.
Question. is there any way in X4 to skip the mission and move to the next step? or otherwise to re-start the mission?
thanks guys!

reorcs

Post by reorcs » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 15:15

Here is screenshot. You can see several bombs deployed on the shield: https://ibb.co/R95VpmV
I found older saved game when the shield was not yet destroyed. any advise?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 16:06

Doesn't the Condor have 2 XL shields and so perhaps the mission is to put one bomb on each?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

garffield
x4

Post by garffield » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 08:01

I had a similar issue when doing this mission recently.

I wanted to put more bombs on the engine (like 4 or 5) and when I went on to put the bombs on the shield only the first placement counted. Any other bomb placement left the counter at 1/2. I was lucky to have a save immediately before entering the boneyard. So I reloaded and tried again to place more bombs than required. Again I couldn't fulfill the secon part part and the counter for the shield remained at 1/2. So another reload and dropping only the exact amount required on the engine and shield and this time it worked.

So it appears that only the first four bombs count towards the mission objective and if one of those four bombs is placed in the wrong place it is not possible to finish this mission any more.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Tue, 20. Jul 21, 09:56

That sounds like you found some unintended behaviour/bugs with this mission. I'll try to reproduce those issues. :)

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Mission: "Fires of Fate" Sabotage XL Engine - Devs on the case.

Post by izalith » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 08:59

Those issues will be fixed in a future build.

One issue was that it wanted you to place exactly 2 bombs on each surface element and wouldn't continue if you placed more. Another of course no progression if those things are wrecked.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”