Curbs after picking patriarchy

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Curbs after picking patriarchy

Post by Axeface » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:27

I helped the split patriarchy destroy the curbs raptor etc, and then half of the FRF stations turned to curbs, and the curbs spawned large fleets. The FRF Wharf and Shipyard also turned to ZYA. The tharkas sector with the hall of judgement also switched to argon (lol). I love seeing this chaos ensue, but it has created a weird problem - the Curbs fleets have destroyed both the Wharf and Shipyard in Heart of Acrimony. Firstly, as the Shipyard and Wharf have tuirned to ZYA, curbs cant buld ships? I assume they would be able to build ships if they remained as FRF? Secondly, as they have now destroyed both of these stations, FRF can no longer build ships either. Is this how this is intended to work?

Will Curbs or FRF rebuild these stations? There is no sign of this happening yet, im genuinely worried this might be bugged and these factions are about to get annihilated (if that would even happen). If they cant build their own, will ZYA rebuild them even though they have shipyard and 2 wharfs in other areas of the map?

Also, will the boneyard ever get used by either ZYA, Curbs or FRF?

grapedog
x4

Re: Curbs after picking patriarchy

Post by grapedog » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 08:29

FRF is a legit faction, and will rebuild... probably around tharkas demise sectors.

Boneyard wont get used, that I have seen.

Curbs will remain around as long as you let them. I sided with them in a very advanced game, and was playing as ZYA, and had a lot of stations and ships in the area... it was a shock for me, probably 50 or 60 stations went red on me, and i lost at least 75 trade and mining ships in the first hour after. Curbs had rattlesnakes amd dragons all over the place that i had to hunt down, as well as kill off all their stations.

It become a huge task to undertake to clear them out and free up the area if you do it later in a game.... but ZYA and FRF also go station build happy mode to fill in the areas and markets that you clear the curbs out of.

Axeface
x4

Re: Curbs after picking patriarchy

Post by Axeface » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 16:59

Thanks for the reply. Since I posted this my game has progressed a lot, needless to say, the whole north east area of the map is complete anarchy :twisted:
FRF did in the end rebuild their shipyard and wharf, thankfully. ZYA also rebuilt their shipyard and wharf, all the while the Argon have cemented their hold on the middle tharkas sector and are actively building in the next one, it actually looks like they might take it. All the while the Xenon have suddenly started swarming, its all great for business.

I don wonder if I made the right choice though. I am playing Teladi and want to make the best business opportunities possible, I thought a strengthened zya would provide that as they would more effecively fight the argon, but it looks like the curbs might get wiped out at some point, maybe having 3 active factions instead of 2 would have been the better option.
grapedog wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 08:29
and had a lot of stations and ships in the area... it was a shock for me, probably 50 or 60 stations went red on me, and i lost at least 75 trade and mining ships in the first hour after. Curbs had rattlesnakes amd dragons all over the place that i had to hunt down, as well as kill off all their stations
This happened to me too, and I have taken the far east xenon sector (Now called 'Promise of Profit' :) ), so it was a bit scary, but I was able to repair my rep in about 10 minutes. I just travel drived around curb stations that are far from the sector centers, spawning khaak and sca to kill, was very quick to get back to -9.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”