I pushed the Button

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phrozen1
x4

I pushed the Button

Post by phrozen1 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 11:24

I did the Mission for the Yaki where i had to place nav-beacons in the terran-sectors so the xenon know where to attack.
I pushed the button and a medium xenon fleet appeared at the getsu fune gate. But they fly directly to ANT-Space instead of terran-sectors.
Are they trying to get to earth through the Pio-Sectors or what? Why?

Raevyan
x4

Re: I pushed the Button

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 10:22

Pathfinding AI is a bit weird. I also noticed my ships from asteroid belt trading with Neptune took the route through PIO space, when I removed The Void from global blacklist. They could have just used the 3 jump route through Jupiter and Uranaus to get to Neptune...

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 11:00

A Xenon I appears in the northern Savage Spur sector and all Xenon from the surrounding sectors get assigned to it. If you're sure that that's not what happened in your game, please upload your save and link it in a new topic in the Technical Support forum. :)

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 13:34

Gimbutz wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 11:00
A Xenon I appears in the northern Savage Spur sector and all Xenon from the surrounding sectors get assigned to it. If you're sure that that's not what happened in your game, please upload your save and link it in a new topic in the Technical Support forum. :)
What happens if I've, or anyone else really, seized the sector before hand? Just deal with one spawning I?

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 16:48

Gimbutz wrote:
Sat, 10. Apr 21, 11:00
Ah now i understand. So what i saw was all the xenon from southern savage spur trying to fly through ant and argon sectors to get to the other savage spur sector.
Because of the one-way Accelerator. :gruebel:

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 20:30

So. I saw the Xenon I in Getsu Fune but it was alone and got destroyed by the first terran defense station it tried to attack. Wow :?
Underwelming would be an understatement.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 16:09

I pushed the button, and a single Xenon I showed up in Savage Spur I finally.... and it's about to attack a station. I'm just guessing here, but it won't make it anywhere near TER space.

The quest is incredibly unwhelming... this is a ZYA start for me, and I had to attack ZYA ships to protect the transmitter long enough to get probes dropped. But maybe 20 minutes after I left, I lost all my privileges with the Yaki because it had gotten destroyed by other ZYA forces.

I know everything in the game is built, for all the factions... but some of these quests are just not working the way they should. The transmitter should be much better protected... in one playthrough it was already destroyed by the time I got to the quest. This time i found it at 75%, had to fight off my own starting faction to give it a chance to do the quest... and it produced as far as I can tell a single xenon I... and that won't last long.

Through 2 game starts, this quest has been essentially not functional for what it is supposed to give the player. I'm a huge fan of nothing being poofed out of thin air, for about 90% of the time... but sometimes I think stuff should be poofed, to reward the player for the work they did, the choices they made, to make them feel like their choices matter. In my case, twice now, the choices didn't matter or were not even available to be made because stuff happened already.

This quest seems to only maybe work if you beeline straight towards it at the beginning of the game, and maybe also if the Xenon aren't as weak as they are now. Right now though, the quest feels busted... you shouldn't have to rush to do the quest because otherwise it won't be available. That shouldn't be a thing...

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 16:09

In my opinion, this outcome needs to make the Xenons in those sectors way more aggressive in ship building and have a much higher ship quota. In addition to that, the button should be a repeatable thing and not just a one off. Unless that’s been changed, all the dev time into that plot is pretty much wasted time because this particular outcome does nothing as it is right now. Also another part of the problem is you screwing up xenon oos combat...

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 21:30

rene6740 wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 16:09
In my opinion, this outcome needs to make the Xenons in those sectors way more aggressive in ship building and have a much higher ship quota. In addition to that, the button should be a repeatable thing and not just a one off. Unless that’s been changed, all the dev time into that plot is pretty much wasted time because this particular outcome does nothing as it is right now. Also another part of the problem is you screwing up xenon oos combat...
And once the amplifier is destroyed, the threat is over. And it is always destroyed super quick after I get there, or before i ever arrive. The amp was destroyed before my lone I ever made it out of getsu fune.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 06:10

rene6740 wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 16:09
I agree, a single Xenon I is going to do very little. As of 4.0, it seems many people are seeing the Xenon near the brink of extinction, it is unlikely by the time the quest is completed there will be much of a force left to follow the spawned I. I was expecting a force that would be a serious threat to the Terrans. Something with a chance to make it all the way to the inner core (after all, you planted the beacons all the way there). Or if not a mighty force all at once, a constant barrage of weak attacks. The end of that plot line was a wasted opportunity. I think the devs may have expected most people would not do it.

I would have found it a more worthwhile ending if it had a universe altering event with a lasting effect. For instance in my universe, the Terrans are quite active with their Intervention Corp forces crossing the galaxy. Maybe if you pushed the button, a bulletin goes out to all Terran ships recalling them to Sol for defense against the onslaught (even if the "onslaught" is a weak force). Afterwards the Terrans no longer send ships out of Sol as they are "needed for homeland defense".

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 10:11

The whole outcome of this particular plot choice is lackluster and just poorly implemented. The idea behind it is good, if it was repeatable and xenons would actually build a fleet to send over or it would be a constant invasion. It‘s literally doing nothing to the terrans right now. They might as well completely remove that button and xenon „fleet“ as it is right now and you wouldn’t see any difference.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 19:01

I've read numerous accounts of the TER Intervention Corps Asgard going ape-shit and destroying everything in the Xenon sectors so about 3 days into my vanilla save I hunted down and "borrowed" the damn thing (was my first boarding ever). Then I promptly docked it in the Terran shipyard build module and re-assigned the captain to service crew. I'm not sure how much damage that ship did to the Xenon prior but it's a monkey wrench in the Terran battleship manufacturing line now. I had spotted the TER IC Tokyo carrier and was going to "borrow" that too but lost track of it. I think the Xenon destroyed it. Either way I'm hoping this keeps more exciting options (stronger Xenon) open for me when I start doing story missions later on.
Last edited by Eyeklops on Tue, 8. Jun 21, 20:34, edited 2 times in total.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 20:23

It should spawn in a monstrous death fleet - anything less is just going to make the Terrans laugh. 4-5 I's, 20 K's, and swarms upon swarms of M and N's.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Tue, 26. Sep 23, 13:40

jkflipflop98 wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 20:23
It should spawn in a monstrous death fleet - anything less is just going to make the Terrans laugh. 4-5 I's, 20 K's, and swarms upon swarms of M and N's.
Sorry for the necro, but just did this for the first time and expected a death fleet. Instead a ton of terran ships spawned and killed the tiny xenon fleet at the entrance to getsu fune. Haile Shinamon dies for nothing. I was hoping this plot would have been improved in the latest version at least, but as it is now its simply not worth it. With the amplifier destroyed at least you get Haile Shinamon, a 5 star pilot and his ship, with this ending you just get disappointment. I was hoping to see a few terran sectors destroyed by xenon at least.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Thu, 7. Dec 23, 17:53

jkflipflop98 wrote:
while i agree the Xenon fleet is usually underwhelming, they cannot make it a "monstrous death fleet" cause that will wipe out Terrans all together. just want to hurt them not get rid of them. lol.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 8. Dec 23, 12:20

Got a pretty decent Xenon fleet in my most recent game (started in 6.0).

If I recall correctly their fleet consisted of 2xI, 9xK & several dozen S&M ships. The latter didn't last long though. Was watching long stretches of their journey on the live camera, which had just been added at the time. Consequently they were often effectively fighting IS battles along the way & almost all of the S&M ships were wiped out by the first Terran station they attacked. Nevertheless remnants of the fleet did make it all the way to Earth, eliminating several stations that were on/near their direct flightpath (including the Terran wharf) & turning a couple of sectors neutral for a while, one of which was Earth itself.

Suspect the magnitude of the fleet may be determined by what the Xenon have available in the region at the time. If there's been heavy fighting in the region they may not have much to send. However I'm always quite careful in my management of the Xenon. I try to avoid inflicting excessive damage to Xenon assets because blowing up too many Xenon ships may divert resources away from station construction & blowing up those stations on behalf of various factions is a fairly major income stream for me in the mid-late game.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 7. Jan 24, 13:18

Hawkseyez wrote:
Thu, 7. Dec 23, 17:53
jkflipflop98 wrote:
while i agree the Xenon fleet is usually underwhelming, they cannot make it a "monstrous death fleet" cause that will wipe out Terrans all together. just want to hurt them not get rid of them. lol.
If I could push a button and summon a Xenon swarm to take out the Terrans for me, I totally would... I wished it worked that well. I was super disappointed with that mission outcome.

Instead, in every single game, I have to go and wipe out the Terrans myself.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”