Yaki plot - Destroy Xenons - what's the impact?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Yaki plot - Destroy Xenons - what's the impact?

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 20:07

OK, so I cleared the Xenons from Yaki area as per mission requirement - is there any visible impact for this action?

Will Yaki build stations or build more ships?

raUlo
x4

Re: Yaki plot - Destroy Xenons - what's the impact?

Post by raUlo » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 21:13

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 20:07
They were not designed to own sectors. They don't build more ships and they don't build any stations at all. They also don't offer any kind of missions (except if you talk to NPCs and you're lucky enough to get a "Deploy Satellite" mission"

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 08:10

The only thing I noticed is that my Wharf produce shittons of Yaki ships, but I can't see if it's changes since it was like that even before I wiped out Xenons.

Sad thing is that the Yaki start their raid before they leave my wharf sector and got absolutely eradicated by TRI Carrier group :(

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 20:53

Yeah, it's similar to having a shipyard that makes ships for both of any two warring factions,
always fighting just outside the yard.

I've had to dedicate the PHQ (12 S/M bays for terraforming) for building only Yaki ships,
have made over 4600 ships for them so far.

And at least they go on to populate 'yaki swarms' in various sectors,
rather than being eaten immediately by the other faction's ships,
actualy glad I'm friendly with them, looking at the size of the swarms.

Having said that they don't seem to be going out of thier way to attack anyone,
even the Terrans, thier sworn enemy.

Anyway, so instead of the rumoured 'Yaki extinct' I read about in earlier posts,
it seems like they are a strongly increasing faction
- albeit without a functioning economy of any sort (yet).

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 12:15

Opposing factions wiping each other's new ships out right outside your shipyard isn't an entirely bad thing though. First of all they already payed for those ships and then immediately have a need to buy more from you and on top of that they drop loot right on your doorstep. From a purely profit-oriented viewpoint, can there be anything better? :P

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 22:49

Maybe further along they give missions to build stations for them?
Or nothing? :)

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 12:10

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 20:07
OK, so I cleared the Xenons from Yaki area as per mission requirement - is there any visible impact for this action?

Did the mission complete?

I'm on that mission too but seems the TER are going to wipe out the yaki first, i was under the impression they would build their own economy and claim the xenon sectors.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 29. May 21, 00:37

Oh, i was under the same assumption from what Dal said.
I cleared the systems from Xenon, the mission completed and nothing happened. I was expecting those sectors to become Yaki sectors.
I was roaming around the Yaki base in Savage Spur I, but no missions to build stations for them ever popped up, and came to the forums to ask if i should build stations in that part to help them and if i did, if they would take advantage of it but if the only thing they do is s swarms, its a bummer.

Quellcoder
x4

Post by Quellcoder » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 15:16

The "real" reward is that after clearing the sectors the Yaki are no longer at war with their neighbours and are able to trade for the goods they need to do their living.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 20:29

The "reward" is you have their little shipyard there you can sell to. Build up some factories in the area to supply them with whatever they need and you can make a bunch of money.

Also, the Yaki do buy other ships from other yards - I keep seeing YAK discoverers pulling into the Yaki base and then being scrapped for parts. I have an Asgard set to guard their base incase anyone feels like attacking my new robo-homies so I'm seeing them do a few things I didn't expect. I also just saw a good sized gank squad of Yaki all the way over in Tharka's Ravine. 5 'kami's and 10 or so moreyas.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 22:47

Quellcoder wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 15:16
The "real" reward is that after clearing the sectors the Yaki are no longer at war with their neighbours and are able to trade for the goods they need to do their living.
What "living" are you talking about?
They are undead for all intents and purposes. :cry:
Their main base was destroyed in my game and their backup base does not have a storage module, so it is impossible to sell them food or medicament, and without that there will be no population, ever. Their station is a ghost town. And it is the only station they will ever have, so no yaki for hire, ever. Right now one can hire occasional yaki at TEL or SCA stations, but I've heard EgoSoft has "fixed" this in the 4.10B1, so after the patch I can kiss good bye to yaki as a species. :|

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 03:56

I havent liberated the sectors for this reason, i feel lile if I do zya or terrans will kill the yaki off, and I crew all my ships with yaki lol, I wish the yaki had a hab module so i can have them on my stations.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 08:24

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 03:56
I havent liberated the sectors for this reason, i feel lile if I do zya or terrans will kill the yaki off, and I crew all my ships with yaki lol, I wish the yaki had a hab module so i can have them on my stations.
I destroyed the Xenon and liberated the Yaki. ZYA is expanding up to Matrix #78B, but not once did they attack the Yaki. Also I use a mod to connect Savage Spur I and II both ways, as I've taken over both sectors. With the Terrans being just two jumps away from the Yaki, one would think they come and finish the job, but they seem to have lost all interest in attacking the Yaki.

So while I understand your hesitation, there's reason to believe that the Yaki can actually survive.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 09:11

xant wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 08:24
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 03:56
I destroyed the Xenon and liberated the Yaki. ZYA is expanding up to Matrix #78B, but not once did they attack the Yaki. Also I use a mod to connect Savage Spur I and II both ways, as I've taken over both sectors. With the Terrans being just two jumps away from the Yaki, one would think they come and finish the job, but they seem to have lost all interest in attacking the Yaki.

So while I understand your hesitation, there's reason to believe that the Yaki can actually survive.
Ill give it a shot and see what happens, ive made zya a bit too strong though, cleared the north xenon completly for them and also tharkas cascade. Maybe I can capture savage spur for my self via HQ teleportation and turn it into a reserve of sorts for yaki.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”