The Meeting - Covert Operation

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Abaws
x4

The Meeting - Covert Operation

Post by Abaws » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 03:40

Somehow teleported to a ship. Was the wrong place wrong time. Doing another story bit at the same time and got a bit confused as to what was going, didnt bother with it. Already had a Satellite, cause i have them everywhere...... triggered the mission unknowingly. Now it's stuck at step 5 : escape the patrol....

Anyone kind enough to tell me where that patrol actually is or what is the next step after that?....cause I clearly escaped it so well I have no clue where that was.

When I got to back to see that secret service chick, and talk to her about covert operation....She tells to get out there, what are you waiting for.... Bugged?

Kot77

Re: The Meeting - Covert Operation

Post by Kot77 » Mon, 31. May 21, 00:01

I have a similar problem whith The Meeting - Covert Operation, but on the stage 1. Game version is 4.00 HF3

I had a message, that it's something to spek about on private meeting.
It's only the first stage "Be breifed by: Delilah Shiratori"

When I'm speaking with the secret service lady, it's only one choice "Covert operations (1)", after choosing (1), she says only:
"What are you waiting agent, go. The safe of Solar system depend of it".

What should I do ? What should be the 1st task normally ?

Undocking = dock back and meet to Delilah Shiratori for breifing
Go away = go back and meet to Delilah Shiratori for breifing

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 12:19

For the covert ops mission, the first step it to talk to delilah, then the second step is flying to antigone space to meet a possible informant.

Kot77

Post by Kot77 » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 18:59

grapedog wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 12:19
For the covert ops mission, the first step it to talk to delilah, then the second step is flying to antigone space to meet a possible informant.
Thank you for the idea. I killed all the antigone stations and owned all of their sectors. Theoretically it's no antigone space to fly ...
I will try to help them build the defence station and already destroyed my defence station in their old sector.

Kot77

Post by Kot77 » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 23:18

No, It did not helped. Now I have the antigone sector "Second Contact XI" with antigone ships and stations.

Still have same problem, Delilah Shiratori saying me the same:
"What are you waiting agent, go. The safe of Solar system depend of it", and she don't telling me to go to antigone space.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 00:43

Kot77 wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 23:18
No, It did not helped. Now I have the antigone sector "Second Contact XI" with antigone ships and stations.

Still have same problem, Delilah Shiratori saying me the same:
"What are you waiting agent, go. The safe of Solar system depend of it", and she don't telling me to go to antigone space.
I don't know unfortunately.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:31

This is a shot in the dark, but try flying through the gate from Segaris into Antigone Memorial. That is there I got intercepted by the antigone patrol. Then fly away toward The Void gate without teleporting.

Honestly, I have doubts it will work, but it isn't like that is a hard thing to try.

Kot77

Post by Kot77 » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 08:29

BelatedHero wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:31
This is a shot in the dark, but try flying through the gate from Segaris into Antigone Memorial. That is there I got intercepted by the antigone patrol. Then fly away toward The Void gate without teleporting.

Honestly, I have doubts it will work, but it isn't like that is a hard thing to try.
Thank you for the try.
But it did not helped. I travelled on a ship by gates from Segaris to Antigone Memorial and Void. It was no patrol and any other changes.
I should to receive this task from Delilah.

I have read the save game file a lot of times, for tha faction standings, and even for the stations configuration.
Maybe it's also written somewhere the exact stage of the missions and I will try to switch it manually to the stage 2.

Kot77

Post by Kot77 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 00:36

The last idea after a week of agony is to edit the save game by moving the mission stage to "Step 2".
PS: Key phrase to search in save file "The Meeting", search result is only 1.

However, opening the save and finding the progress of the missions there, I discovered a problem.

For the mission "The meeting" there is only one stage:
<objective step = "1" type = "custom" name = "Be briefed by" text = "Delilah Shiratori" active = "1">
<targets>
<target id = "[0x9ad23]" />
</targets>
</objective>
And that's it, there is no more sequence in the file, it ends at the active step 1 - to talk.

For example, in the terraforming mission "On the Edge", there are already 4 stages:
<objective step = "1" type = "relocate" text = "Border Headquarters">
<objective step = "2" type = "build_project" text = "Wheat Fields" active = "1" />
<objective step = "3" type = "build_housing" text = "Housing for 250,000,000" />
<objective step = "4" type = "build_project" text = "Winter Sports Resort" />
Where you can see that I have already completed task 1, I am at stage 2, and then there will be 3 and 4 more.

Can someone send either the save file itself or the text of ALL lines of the mission "The meeting"
(!!! Mandatory at any of the stages of "The meeting" mission, because apparently after its complete passage the stages will disappear from your save)

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 03:42

I had high hopes that i could help you. I regularly back up my games at key points, but unfortunately I usually only do it near decision points (which with this quest is not the case). I have saves all the way back to version 2.2! Best I could do is find Operation Hyena which is too late for your purpose.

However, I found this thread for you. They solved a similar problem, but the fix was time consuming. Their problem was the station the ANT contact is aboard was destroyed. The quest doesn't update. The fix for them was to put an advanced satellite next to each ANT station one by one until they stumbled on the station the contact was now aboard.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/d ... 792451157/

Best of luck to you! Shame I didn't have a good save in my archive.

Nathaniel Flint
x4

Post by Nathaniel Flint » Wed, 7. Jun 23, 15:07

I solved unintentionally: i destroy some defense platform in that sector (it's sonething that i always do when rep with a faction reach 30 so i can claim the sector for me and without start a war that is bad for business) and dal busta call me saying: "it seems that the station that contained the contact has been destroyed, now i'll give you new coordinates" and the guide assistance finally work and conduct me to another station in which i deployed the advanced satellite.

So this could be a solution: destroy any possible station that you can imagine hosts the contact of the mission (do not go down below the rep necessary to dock to the antigone stations faction) and in this way dal busta alert you that the contact is displaced in new coordinates (obviously this time i don't teleport or do something of strange)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”