Cradle of Humanity not much to do, boring to be honest

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baconnaise
x4

Re: Cradle of Humanity not much to do, boring to be honest

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 03:20

Wheem wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:20
Baconnaise wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 04:09
I'm not sure what I think ATM. I went Terran Cadet start first and got stuck on deploying 5 mines. No clue where to get mines and I'm not looking for even more lockboxes as that's a non-starter for me anyways. Wharf has no resources so no upgrades. Think I'll just skip the whole thing. Hopefully, the Earth sectors won't require the quest to be completed. I can edit my rep/faction whatever if that's what is needed. I forgot how hilarious this game could be with the NPC's.
The lockboxes in question should spawn just below the station, and in my experience you'll need to take the contents (even though not labeled as mines) from at least 2 of them before you'll have enough mines to progress the quest. I looted all of the lockboxes, and had a total of 6 mines with a deployment area marked on the map - right next to the station. If you can't get the mines from the lockboxes for whatever reason, buying some from a wharf or equipment dock might work.

While it should be possible to increase your reputation to >= 20 without doing the plot, you won't be able to get the player HQ as a Terran Cadet without progressing past that point. And no HQ obviously means no researching, terraforming, etc...
Yea I started a new save. I did the loot boxes in that initial save and had zero mines just the civ ones with no option in military deployables. Second save worked fine though. It's hard to tell if one of the mods I have installed caused an issue with the plot in the first one. The new one seems to be bugged or borked since all the wharfs yards etc. won't build anything. The universe seems dead already (no traffic). I'll likely have to scale back the mods as something isn't playing nice. Now to hope Ego doesn't update (besides hotfixes) for a while so more mods get updated and I can be happy :mrgreen: .

EDIT: One of the mods conflicted and caused issues with my game starts. The station storage increase mod was one of the culprits.
Last edited by Baconnaise on Tue, 30. Mar 21, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

memxcom
x2

Post by memxcom » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 12:26

Hawkseyez wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:25
troll. is plenty to do.
I said it was boring, anyway got my rep up to +22 with Terrans, no pirates in their space so had to keep doing local Terran station missions (like repair satellites) until I could dock, then my trade ships got my rep up with time (I only had one pirate ship fight in 5 days in their space with all sectors explored with advanced satellites deployed). Xenon are wiped out virtually, Yaki pirate base has been destroyed without doing any missions and I only have one Terran mission listed, right now just building my shipyard in Terran space with hi tech factory support, funny how you give a honest opinion and somebody calls you a troll.

Try to be more polite with members here, you are not doing yourself any favours in these forums.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 13:08

Another opinion here. I seized the opportunity to try the Terran start from the DLC and I am heavily amused and at the same time even overwhelmed by the quest chains. I have been playing X4 since March 2019, and I never thought it would become so rich and lively. Kudos to Egosoft staff, specially the quest writers - I found these to be highly immersive, funny and dramatic. That quest to get the terraforming secrets in the old destroyed station was epic, and that ending reminded me of the Millenium Falcon escaping the Death Star 2 in Return of the Jedi.

X4: Foundations has gained what it was lacking, solid stories and missions (since the split DLC). I'm so glad to have bought the Collector's Edition.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:57

In my opinion, the CoH plots are the best encountered so far in X4 and maybe even match some of the X3 plots. Sadly this is quite a bit overshadowed by some generic changes in X4 which broke things (e.g. mining). I can say, I had fun so far with the plots.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 13:56

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:57
In my opinion, the CoH plots are the best encountered so far in X4 and maybe even match some of the X3 plots. Sadly this is quite a bit overshadowed by some generic changes in X4 which broke things (e.g. mining). I can say, I had fun so far with the plots.
Agreed. The CoH plot starts are much more interesting than the vanilla ones ever were. I'm also surprised Egosoft has yet to include a PHQ or Plot skip function.

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 15:52

memxcom wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 12:07
... I have well over 1000 hours into the game now, yes I'm not ready to start from scratch....
I have exactly the same situation. I've already finshed "torus" mission and PHQ teleportation, and now it looks like the only option is to resume conflict between the factions suggested by Dal. Is it necessary to start new game to run into new plots or they will be available later?

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 16:27

Just to anwer my own question:
Spoiler
Show
Yes, when you gain more reputation with TER yaki and covert operations plots will be available

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”