Geometric Owl in danger zone

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panos
x4

Geometric Owl in danger zone

Post by Panos » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:04

How I am supposed to pick the Geometric Owl from inside the green asteroid belt? :gruebel:
Have tried over the last few hours to bump it out of the field but failed.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Geometric Owl in danger zone

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:50

After finding the four mission Beacons, I just approached it carefully in a Nemesis Vanguard (with modded shielding, Pavise).
Use WASD to strafe (also I have modded engines, Slingshot for better strafing) and manoeuvre around the green blobs at slow speed so you get a good clear spot to approach, then jump in the spacesuit to go repair and claim it ... And take the seat.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 06:36

Panos wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:04
How I am supposed to pick the Geometric Owl from inside the green asteroid belt? :gruebel:
Have tried over the last few hours to bump it out of the field but failed.
Look on the map, find a spot close to the Geometric Owl with the lease amount of red (asteroid) between you and the Owl and slowly approach from there.

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 11:28

I just kept ramming it to Push it out of the area.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 17:22

This is actually one of the aspects of the game that they either don't tell you or they tell you but you don't pay attention. The Owl is part of a scripted event which means to get it out, you have to scan and locate the beacons. Only then, can you get into the Owl and pilot it. I don't know how people can push it out without finding the beacons because I found that to be impossible. Every time I pushed the Owl, it would either propel itself away or move in the opposite direction (as if its magnetic polarity is opposite from my ship). I first though the beacons are near the laser towers but I was wrong. They are scattered through out the mission sector.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 01:38

This was the easy part for me. I used a Long Range Scan to locate the clusters of objects then destroyed the Laser towers and Mines around the Beacons. I then flew from the top beacon towards the bottom beacon in Travel Drive and hit "Pause" once I was in the hazardous region and Deployed my Nav Beacon, then Un-paused and Turned Travel Drive back on.

From there the Geometric Owl appeared Just out of the Radiation Zone and was easy to Board. Took all of about 2 Minutes.

As JonathanVQP says it's all a scripted event. If you pay carefull attention to what they tell you to do then you can't go wrong.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 10:09

So first off the laser towers where a bit strong for my weaponless scout, so I went away for a while.

Came back with a katana and found all the later towers gone, I guess other pilots thought they were a navigation hazard and destroyed them.

There is one beacon that's really close to the centre of the yellow sphere. Travel in from there, once your about 10m from the owl you can hop out and enter the owl. You get messages about radiation hazard; if you're not dead you can ignore them.

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:16

After you finished scanning the Nav Beacons and placed some inside the hazardous Zone, the ship will tell you "Target aquired" and fly in the direction of the Nav Beacon. The recognised Nav Beacon will have electric discharges and lose health.

If you got the objective to dock at the ship already, it should have left the hazardous region and be in safe space. You should be able to park in front of it (as it was flying out of the hazardous region) and be safe to space walk over.

If your objective is to dock and the ship is still inside the hazardous region killing you when you try it, that is a bug and I'd like a save file to look into that.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 23:18

izalith wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:16
If your objective is to dock and the ship is still inside the hazardous region killing you when you try it, that is a bug and I'd like a save file to look into that.
I've had that happen to me before. The solution was to drop a second nav beacon just outside the hazard zone and it started moving again towards THAT one. Dunno if that was intentional, but that's what happened.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 23:54

I do not have the save but also in my game the ship was still in the hazardous region.
It did try to move tho but it was like it engines kept failing.
Pushing the ship out like most mentionned didnt work as I just fly through it.
I had to wait patiently until it fly out automaticly which took a very very long time.
Once outside the radiactive field it stopped moving and I could finally reach it.

KanoneCS

Post by KanoneCS » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 14:27

izalith wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:16
Hey could you please take a look at my save file? I have the same issue here and would like to continue playing.
https://mega.nz/folder/HERl0aoK#_hnabUrvcTv1il0Oh2yX7Q

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 10:03

I have the same problem. Using ArchLinux, GPU RX 6800 XT, Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM. Savegame is at https://mega.nz/file/KRJ2URrZ#RKmQj1Efa ... vN-IKStID0
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 11:49

I assume you tried to approach it from the edge?
You get the danger zone message, as a warning near the edge, but you don't take any damage until you move in a bit.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 12:03

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 11:49
I assume you tried to approach it from the edge?
You get the danger zone message, as a warning near the edge, but you don't take any damage until you move in a bit.
Yes, and the ship was actually inside the danger zone. But in the end I was able to complete it, I went to the Geometric Owl and shot it a few times, then went off the hazard zone. I notice it was moving in bursts of speed, so I waited for about 20 minutes and it left the hazard zone and I was able to repair and get into it. Even if it is a bug, it was a fun bug to overcome by attempting different angles to solve it.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 12:22

1. teleported myself to another sector
2. told one of my scouts to fly close to the mission marker (ships don't get the damage from hazardous regions for some reason)
3. teleported myself to the scout and made my way to the Owl in a spacesuit as quick as possible
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

KanoneCS

Post by KanoneCS » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:19

af_2017 wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 12:22
1. teleported myself to another sector
2. told one of my scouts to fly close to the mission marker (ships don't get the damage from hazardous regions for some reason)
3. teleported myself to the scout and made my way to the Owl in a spacesuit as quick as possible
I tried this but die immediatly when leaving the scout ship.
I don't even have time looking around once I'm in space.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 23:18

This is why you have to locate the nav beacons first. Once you locate the nav beacons, you can approach the Owl. In my game, they are located:
Spoiler
Show
North and North West of mission sector

KanoneCS

Post by KanoneCS » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 00:54

JonathanVQP wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 23:18
This is why you have to locate the nav beacons first. Once you locate the nav beacons, you can approach the Owl. In my game, they are located:
I obviously already did that

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 08:12

KanoneCS wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 00:54
JonathanVQP wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 23:18
I obviously already did that
you need to lure it out of the danger zone using a nav beacon. then approach in a save area

KanoneCS

Post by KanoneCS » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 14:35

Roeleveld wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 08:12
you need to lure it out of the danger zone using a nav beacon. then approach in a save area
That's also something I already tried.
Along with shooting it, bumping it, teleporting to a Scout Ship right next to it.
Why don't you download my save and try for yourself what works and what doesn't, because it seems I'm simply too stupid to follow simple instructions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”