Geometric Owl in danger zone

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Geometric Owl in danger zone

Post by izalith » Mon, 17. May 21, 18:19

maniac_uk69 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 16:25
Hmm... tried stopping my ship 7km away from, the owl
Can you get closer, like right on top of it for a very short space walk?

Karan Vess
x4

Post by Karan Vess » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 00:03

This is still broken for me, it doesn't react to nav beacons but it's still deep within the hazard region
Here's my save
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q5zpgy3i9b1h ... ml.gz?dl=0

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Mon, 5. Jul 21, 10:53

Hello and thank you for the save.

I loaded it up and the issue is that the Owl found a safe pocket inside the hazardous region. If you come from straight above, there is a corridor which leads up to the ship. I attached a screenshot from your game.
owl.jpg
This makes approaching the ship of course more difficult than intended. I'll look into detecting and resolving this issue (or allowing the Owl to react to nav beacons even if it's in a safe spot already).

CobraGuru
x4

Post by CobraGuru » Sun, 27. Feb 22, 17:14

Hi, I need some help with this mission.
I've found the beacons without issue, and also found the Owl.
Set up several nav point to help it but the Owl is flying to and back non stop
I'm at the point to repair the owl, but as it is moving non stop, can't come enough close to it to board it or even repair it.
When I target it I got a msg from the AI MK7 from Owl saying "hull damaged"
but it's still flying aound inside and outside the hazardous area
Any idea how to make it stand :o

https://rehost.diberie.com/Picture/Get/f/63947

Edit : LOL
everything is ok now :o I just target the farest nav point, then I fly to it. then selected back the misison and the Owl finally stop moving close to 2 nav point
Flying back to it to repair it ..... :roll:
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 27. Feb 22, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 05:45

In the upcoming 5.00 patch you might be able to assist the Geometric Owl more directly by ramming it with your ship and placing the nav beacons directly inside the hazard area. Chassis mods are being added that can reduce hazardous area damage significantly. With current beta balance the exceptional chassis mod reduces it by 100% effectively making the ship you are flying immune to hazards regions like in The Void. Ironically this is better than the hazard protection the Geometric Owl is meant to have since it is permanently active, and not just when some NPC wills it to be.

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 08:45

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 28. Feb 22, 05:45
In the upcoming 5.00 patch you might be able to assist the Geometric Owl more directly by ramming it with your ship and placing the nav beacons directly inside the hazard area. Chassis mods are being added that can reduce hazardous area damage significantly. With current beta balance the exceptional chassis mod reduces it by 100% effectively making the ship you are flying immune to hazards regions like in The Void. Ironically this is better than the hazard protection the Geometric Owl is meant to have since it is permanently active, and not just when some NPC wills it to be.
But I gues this will replace the shield modules?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 17:13

Waltz9 wrote:
Mon, 28. Feb 22, 08:45
But I gues this will replace the shield modules?
These are new types of chassis mods. Specifically they are competing with drag/mass reduction, radar stealth/range and cargo concealment. Shields can be modded and function as normal, with my Katana even regenerating shield while in high attention inside The Void hazardous areas while using the exceptional chassis mod variant. Lower rarity variants of the mod do exist but they have <100% reduction.

Bhodi
x3tc

Post by Bhodi » Tue, 17. May 22, 15:13

I just ran into this bug (5.10 hotfix 2) and I've isolated what I believe is the problem.

When you are asked to deploy nav beacons into the hazardous cloud, there are two ways people seem to solve this. If you boost to a high velocity and eject a nav beacon and it slides deep into the cloud, you will encounter the bug. The step will complete, the owl will fly to the beacon but remain deep in the cloud making it inaccessible. This is an unrecoverable situation baring extreme measures as discussed in the thread.

Instead, what is intended is to slowly travel to the border until you start taking damage, back up, deploy a nav beacon, and then gently physically bump it with your ship a few meters into the hazardous area. This allows the Owl to fly out of the danger area, to safety, as intended.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”